And that time has come, the Borla Stingers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post
Alright, my stingers finally came in. Installed them today in about 2 hours (my first time to work with mufflers, and there was minor troubleshooting). I cannot even but in words how nice they sound! Super deep and much louder especially WOT. I'm just running through stock H right now might be getting an o/r H in the near(ish) future. Thanks for the persuasion!
My bad. O/R X is what I meant to say.
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Ok cool I always read and just pick up on catback . Well this is inspiring me I buy new and just buy a exhaust and call it a day for 3 yrs as far as performance goes.
Just work on suspension until then so youre all setup to handle more power.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Although I am getting significantly more drone than I expected.. Will an x pipe help get rid of a little?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So does the Stinger setup come with a shorty mid pipe so that you keep the stock cats and are only off road if you get longtubes? I was thinkin if so then I wouldn't have to get a tune and could just work on suspension after that and keep my warranty until I wanted to do more power. Unless I just wanted to go right ahead and tune it and throw the warranty out the window which I would probably do lol
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Can you even do suspension work? I'd figure that would void a whole lot. I was Guna do cans and cosemetec
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Although I am getting significantly more drone than I expected.. Will an x pipe help get rid of a little?
Mine have zero drone with o/r x as do other with stock H and cats. I'd say double check your clamps and make sure they sealed well.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post
So does the Stinger setup come with a shorty mid pipe so that you keep the stock cats and are only off road if you get longtubes? I was thinkin if so then I wouldn't have to get a tune and could just work on suspension after that and keep my warranty until I wanted to do more power. Unless I just wanted to go right ahead and tune it and throw the warranty out the window which I would probably do lol
You can buy the stingers without the x pipe and the over the axle pipes. If you do buy that setup it keeps your stock cats and therefore should not affect your warranty.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I was just wondering cuz it says off road when used with the long tubes. I was thinking for it to be an off road X it would have to be regular length to hook up to the regular shorty headers and If you bought it with a shorty X pipe it would hook up to the stock cats or to longtubes if you had them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_171232.png
Views:	213
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	86103
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post
Ok I was just wondering cuz it says off road when used with the long tubes. I was thinking for it to be an off road X it would have to be regular length to hook up to the regular shorty headers and If you bought it with a shorty X pipe it would hook up to the stock cats or to longtubes if you had them.

Attachment 86103
ohhh my bad read what you wrote wrong. No if you buy the X and OTA pipes and stingers then no if you put LT on you'll need to buy a shorty x pipe.

if you want to keep the cats, or even remove the cats but keep the current ST headers you would be fine with the regular x pipe.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Can you even do suspension work? I'd figure that would void a whole lot. I was Guna do cans and cosemetec
No, just what you replace. If you upgraded UCAs for example, and one broke, it wouldnt be covered (but the part might be by the mfg). If the UCA breaking caused damage to other parts, those probably wouldnt be covered either, but if your upgrading suspension parts with a reputable company, the chances of this are slim to none unless youre really tearing it up, in which case, you gotta pay to play. Mine is a DD with occasional track use so Im not worried about upgrading suspension.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Thanks for info I plan on splitting my extra money half mods half car loan il add suspension to the already long list
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I think this explains what I was talking about it'll hook up to where the cats are now and then the long tubes would come down to meet right up to it and delete the cats if I added them later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_213559.png
Views:	85
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	86135
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Most of you guys are mentioning o/r x as your mid. If anyones heard them in person, How does an o/r h sound with the stingers? And why is the x more used?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Most of you guys are mentioning o/r x as your mid. If anyones heard them in person, How does an o/r h sound with the stingers? And why is the x more used?
O/r H will make it deeper. X is widely used because it yields better performance
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT
They think the extra 2hp is gonna make a difference,not.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

They think the extra 2hp is gonna make a difference,not.
Yup from most of the research I've done there was literally like a 2-4HP difference in the two pipes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool. The O/R H will make it much louder too right?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok cool. The O/R H will make it much louder too right?
Yup
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #88
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I disagree with the above responses (not about the power part, but that people actually CHOOSE o/r x) because there are just not many o/r h made for the coyote yet. I think lethal is the only company that has a well marketed orh that will bolt up to stock headers. JBA might also but not even sure about that.

I however do prefer the sound of the ORX, I didn't get it for the trivial amount of power over the H

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I disagree with the above responses (not about the power part, but that people actually CHOOSE o/r x) because there are just not many o/r h made for the coyote yet. I think lethal is the only company that has a well marketed orh that will bolt up to stock headers. JBA might also but not even sure about that.

I however do prefer the sound of the ORX, I didn't get it for the trivial amount of power over the H
Yes JBA has an o/r h as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I agree, I bought x on my 05 because I couldn't get an H. I was not disappointed at all, I just prefer the H. Either way, he's gonna love it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT