Tuning question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Tuning question?

I have the itsx tuner, I plugged it in yesterday to the laptop and it says there is an update available. I know I will need to update the tuner before I load any new tunes, my question is if I download the new update, will that make my previous tune files not work?
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross View Post
I have the itsx tuner, I plugged it in yesterday to the laptop and it says there is an update available. I know I will need to update the tuner before I load any new tunes, my question is if I download the new update, will that make my previous tune files not work?
Your previous tunes will work, just make sure your car is stock before you update the tuner.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Your previous tunes will work, just make sure your car is stock before you update the tuner.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!
No problem.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
nosympathy is 100% correct. The most important thing to do is upload your stock tune file before updating. This way if you have any issues with your current Bama files, we can easily write you updated ones. Again, you shouldn't need updated tunes, but it's a easy precaution to take.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
nosympathy is 100% correct. The most important thing to do is upload your stock tune file before updating. This way if you have any issues with your current Bama files, we can easily write you updated ones. Again, you shouldn't need updated tunes, but it's a easy precaution to take.

Shane
I'm downloading the Hybrid tune for the 1st time as we speak... Can I back up my stock file on my computer? Just in case?
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I'm downloading the Hybrid tune for the 1st time as we speak... Can I back up my stock file on my computer? Just in case?
after you tune your car, if you take the tuner back inside and plug it into the computer and open up the SCT program, on the main page it has an option to download your stock file.

I did it from day one, because you never know when you might need it.

example, I had the car completely brick once, wouldn't start, wouldn't accept a tune, wouldn't do anything but flash every light on the dash. I called SCT and they had me send them my stock file I backed up, along with reformat and reset my tuner, then loaded that file on my device and I flashed it to the car and recovered perfectly.

Had I not had that file, they said I "may" have had to take it to a Ford dealer to have the PCM manually reflashed.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

after you tune your car, if you take the tuner back inside and plug it into the computer and open up the SCT program, on the main page it has an option to download your stock file.

I did it from day one, because you never know when you might need it.

example, I had the car completely brick once, wouldn't start, wouldn't accept a tune, wouldn't do anything but flash every light on the dash. I called SCT and they had me send them my stock file I backed up, along with reformat and reset my tuner, then loaded that file on my device and I flashed it to the car and recovered perfectly.

Had I not had that file, they said I "may" have had to take it to a Ford dealer to have the PCM manually reflashed.
Yea I was thinking of that, I hate taking my car to the dealer so I wanna avoid that. Thanks for the tip I will try it tonight. Just tried out the tune, took it out for a little run and so far, so good it feels peppier than before especially on low to mids. It was rush hour so I got caught in traffic a few times :-/ gotta give it a good run next time with less traffic I was a little over zealous cuz it's gonna pour in a few and probably won't stop till Saturday
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I was thinking of that, I hate taking my car to the dealer so I wanna avoid that. Thanks for the tip I will try it tonight. Just tried out the tune, took it out for a little run and so far, so good it feels peppier than before especially on low to mids. It was rush hour so I got caught in traffic a few times :-/ gotta give it a good run next time with less traffic I was a little over zealous cuz it's gonna pour in a few and probably won't stop till Saturday
Well not just that you would have to take it to the dealer, there would be some kind of rediculous fee involved.

Yeah I love the hybrid tune. By far the most solid tune I have driven.

We have been getting rain non stop here and I've been breaking the back end out every day driving in city traffic. I cannot wait for spring.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I just downloaded my stock tune to to my computer tonight, have a special folder for my mustang.... Plan to keep all my tunes in there too that I get from places...

Gtstyles2 do you have the itsx tuner as well or do you have something else?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Shane
Shane,

I hear a lot about this hybrid tune.i need to get enrolled in your tunes for life program...
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just downloaded my stock tune to to my computer tonight, have a special folder for my mustang.... Plan to keep all my tunes in there too that I get from places...

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Shane,

I hear a lot about this hybrid tune.i need to get enrolled in your tunes for life program...
I have the basic Bama SF3 tuner, running the Hybrid tune now, was running the 93R tune before so hopefully this new tune is as good as I hear
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
What is a hybrid tune?
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Shane,

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
What is a hybrid tune?

The Hybrid tune is pretty cool. The easiest way to explain- the Hybrid tune is a mix your torquey Street tune and the high end power of your Race tune. Needless to say, this tune really rips! It's also exclusive for our forum guys too, so you have to ask for it when you talk to the Bama Team.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Is the hybrid tune only available for 10-13' stangs?

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #15

Region: Missouri
Another issue I ran into with iTSX is if the app is up to date. I lost Bluetooth connectivity with the dongle because I was unaware that the iTSX has recently been updated ( early November ) to 1.7 version for ipads. I had to delete app and reinstall new version. All is good again.
NosBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosBoss View Post
Another issue I ran into with iTSX is if the app is up to date. I lost Bluetooth connectivity with the dongle because I was unaware that the iTSX has recently been updated ( early November ) to 1.7 version for ipads. I had to delete app and reinstall new version. All is good again.
Nosboss,
You do not have to update the new app though do you? I know I get a notice saying what App is needing updated.

Also, since you have the itsx also, have you learned anything about it that would be interesting to pass on?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
What is a hybrid tune?
I saw u asked on another thread about the hybrid tune, didn't wanna derail the subject by answering u there... It was about the hybrid of street and performance, what are u running now? I just got the hybrid put in and it's pretty much performance and race mix... And I gotta say that it's pretty good, I was running the 93R before and I feel a substantial difference now
Old 12-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

I saw u asked on another thread about the hybrid tune, didn't wanna derail the subject by answering u there... It was about the hybrid of street and performance, what are u running now? I just got the hybrid put in and it's pretty much performance and race mix... And I gotta say that it's pretty good, I was running the 93R before and I feel a substantial difference now
I was running the 91 performance tune but just switched to the 89 street tune i had. I was wondering is there a street/performance hybrid tune that i could get.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #19

Region: Missouri
Yes, update app if prompted to do so. As far as I understand, there are 3 things to stay up to date on, 1. firmware, 2. software, and 3. app version.

Only other thing is don't leave dongle plugged in to diagnostic port ! if its not a daily driver, it will drain your battery with in a week or so. I was mislead, and told the draw by the dongle with car off would be no different than a flashing mobile alarm light, and that it would take a long time to discharge battery. Dead battery after car sat for 10 days.
NosBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT