modifications that dont void warranty - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
No I'm not clueless you just think you're Henry Ford. And I'm not insinuating that at all, this forum is about " what you can get away with warranty" not bash people with their opinions and success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
You're clueless and it has nothing to do with you being a girl. So what you're saying is you have found a loop hole in the system? So all we have to do is have a dealer install any ones tune and it will be covered under warranty?
That's what I don't get. So just because the dealer pushed the select button and turned the key on, off and back on and the tune loaded doesn't automatically make it covered by Ford.

They would literally have to tear the tune apart and certify every bit of it before saying your still under warranty.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by South3rnBeLLe50 View Post
No I'm not clueless you just think you're Henry Ford. And I'm not insinuating that at all, this forum is about " what you can get away with warranty" not bash people with their opinions and success.
I didn't know this forum was about how to rip off ford and keep a warranty you shouldn't technically have.

Your trying to give the OP advice that you are under warranty after doing all this work just because your dealer installed it.

The OP may not live in an area where the dealers are that way. You also never stated it as your opinion but as true fact.

Please go troll somewhere else. Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

No I didn't say they tuned it I said installed my parts. Don't get my words twisted. And I have researched months before I bought the intake to insure I wouldn't have that problem in the future. Everyone around my area I was saying with the same mods and tuned still have warranty

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

And note I said I think you'd be ok not do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:
We will agree to disagree
Clarification...

Ford can technically use your mods as a reason to void "service" on your power train. They can't void your warranty just because you have mods, but if your engine blows up, ford wont cover it if they feel it was the tunes fault. This has happened to a lot people actually. I understand you fiancé is a ford mechanic, but I can tell you 100 percent, there is a very good chance they will deny major engine work under warranty because of your tune, unless its painfully obvious the tune didn't cause it. The dealership might not care too much, but an engine replacement requires approval from ford, not the dealership, and ford will want to see the PCM before approving the engine replacement. And I doubt the dealership is gonna pay 10k out of their pocket if ford doesn't approve your warranty claim.

Unfortunately you're super wrong on this subject, but you'll be able to squeeze minor warranty work out of the dealership, but serious engine issues are out the door if ford gets involved.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I didn't say they tuned it I said installed my parts. Don't get my words twisted. And I have researched months before I bought the intake to insure I wouldn't have that problem in the future. Everyone around my area I was saying with the same mods and tuned still have warranty
So what you are saying then...is ford installed the intake and AB and they agreed to keep your warranty. Then you went and tuned the car, thus voiding the warranty?

What you don't get...and I don't see how this is hard...is they are going to dealerships agreeing to keep them under warranty. The dealerships don't have too. They could literally tomorrow change management and decide not to do that anymore and you are SOL.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

No because you obviously need a tune to have the intake on the car. I didn't come in here to start an argument I was saying my opinion and don't mean to talk down like I know everything I'm saying my scenario on things and how my stuff panned out for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No because you obviously need a tune to have the intake on the car. I didn't come in here to start an argument I was saying my opinion and don't mean to talk down like I know everything I'm saying my scenario on things and how my stuff panned out for me.
No...you didn't...you stated because your fiance worked at ford you were right and we were wrong.

You never once, until it became obvious you realized you don't know what you are talking about, stated that you were stating an opinion.

Sorry.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
So have you had warranty work yet on your drive train?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

No I haven't had that issue yet
Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
So what you are saying then...is ford installed the intake and AB and they agreed to keep your warranty. Then you went and tuned the car, thus voiding the warranty?

What you don't get...and I don't see how this is hard...is they are going to dealerships agreeing to keep them under warranty. The dealerships don't have too. They could literally tomorrow change management and decide not to do that anymore and you are SOL.
Yea that's right. The dealer installed the CAI and then she ran home and installed the tune .

It's pretty simple and I don't mean to be mean about this. She hasn't a clue as to what's she's talking about.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

And I wasn't stating anyone was wrong I was being firm on my opinion and adding in detail what's worked for me I wasn't telling anyone to go do it
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And I wasn't stating anyone was wrong I was being firm on my opinion and adding in detail what's worked for me I wasn't telling anyone to go do it
Yeah you did...do I really need to go back and quote where you said we were wrong because your fiance and people you know must be right and they disagree with us?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
No I haven't had that issue yet
Ok, just be real careful when you take it in for stuff like that. I would take the tune and intake off when taking it in just to be safe. Your fiancé can do that for you I'm sure.

It's kinda of tricky with mods, and you might not ever have issues, but you never know.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I said things that have been successful for me and what my ford dealer has said and done. Not saying it works at every dealer I understand that.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I think its as simple as mod if you feel lucky, or don't care about the warranty on the drivetrain, or do other mods that wont affect your drivetrain warranty. After so many years the warranty stops being in effect, so go nuts then.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
The JLT intake requires a tune. So you better be running a tune or maybe you're leaving out some missing information.
If Ford does the tune, it will be covered.
If I throw on a ford racing intake manifold, no warranty. If ford does it and tunes my car, warranty
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
There are tunes that clearly state they will void your warranty or they will keep your warranty. Me and my cousin went thru this when I was gonna get a 13 and a tune. And we found several that, dealer installed, kept the warranty
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post
If Ford does the tune, it will be covered.
If I throw on a ford racing intake manifold, no warranty. If ford does it and tunes my car, warranty
If Ford does the Pro Cal then yes. And even then the warranty is from Ford Racing, not Ford. Two separate companies. No way they are going to throw a Bama tune on a car and warranty it.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #54

Region: Kentucky
I'm just going to do the cat back and visual mods for now, around the end of next year I'll start going for HP jumps that way I can enjoy my warranty for a while
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #55

Region: Tennessee
My $0.02, for what it's worth.

Ask your service advisor, if they don't know, ask your service manager/director to get your answer, and get their answer in writing. If they give it to you in writing then they will back it up. On the flip side, I'd they aren't willing to write it down, then chances are it wouldn't be covered. I think we can all agree that mods are cool and beneficial, but some of them do have their downsides (i.e. the question at hand). Btw, There's no point in arguing who knows more about what.

One last thing, I'm not sure if Ford does this, but GM dealerships have the ability to offer 'goodwill' warranty. This is usually reserved for good/loyal customers or perhaps employees. One of my former employers 'goodwill' warranted a complete engine for one of their other technicians; the trucks warranty had expired and he wasn't the original owner either. I'd be remiss if Ford didn't have something similar in place.

My point is, I agree that it may depend on the specific dealer because there are a lot of decisions left up to the dealership. They can choose to warranty something if they see fit to do so, even if warranty parameters (i.e. date, mileage, modifications) have been exceeded.

Read the fine print, and get it in writing from the mods manufacturer and from Ford. If you look for it, there's usually an over abundance of fine print disclaimers.

(In my best Joe Pesci impersonation)
"Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok" So maybe it was more than two cents, lol.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
And Bama tunes can be cleared. I flashed mine back to stock drove 100 miles and ford dealer ( my friend works their ) he checked the Ecu and it was stock . So you can beat anything lol and who honestly cares
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #57
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
And Bama tunes can be cleared. I flashed mine back to stock drove 100 miles and ford dealer ( my friend works their ) he checked the Ecu and it was stock . So you can beat anything lol and who honestly cares
Not true for the 2011 and up. This has been discussed many times already. With a 05-10....yes you can flash the tune to stock drive for 100 miles and you are good. The 2011 and up will show everything so there is no way around it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Every dealer is different all you guys getting your panties in a bind get over it she has a hook up that's her +1 quit being jealous and tryin to tell her technically ford blah blah blah. Dude up there made the perfect comment FORD can do what THEY want! And her ford will, your wont stop crying. My ford won't whoopty do. Your best bet it to go talk to your ford make friends if you can and find out what they will and won't do ( cause every dealership is different) and live with it! And in the end all you guys act like your some what grown and not so immature.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #59

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgrabber50 View Post
Every dealer is different all you guys getting your panties in a bind get over it she has a hook up that's her +1 quit being jealous and tryin to tell her technically ford blah blah blah. Dude up there made the perfect comment FORD can do what THEY want! And her ford will, your wont stop crying. My ford won't whoopty do. Your best bet it to go talk to your ford make friends if you can and find out what they will and won't do ( cause every dealership is different) and live with it! And in the end all you guys act like your some what grown and not so immature.
Here here!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
This has gone entirely too far...
THREAD CLOSED

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT