2011 brembo squeaking? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2011 brembo squeaking?

Does anyone's 2011 5.0 seem to squeak quite a bit from the rear axle?
Jack Israelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well, the rears aren't Brembo, they are just regular GT brakes. I haven't heard a peep out of mine in the year I've owned the car, it was bought brand new. I'd take a look...you might just have a lot of buildup of crap back there, which is pretty common on rear disc setups. I also would pull the pads and re-chamfer the edges slightly, as this reduces noise alot.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sounded like it was comin from the axle/suspension
Jack Israelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ya same here. No idea what it is
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
get some spray silcone lube and shoot the swaybar links, the shock mounts and the spring pads see if it goes away.

Careful where you shoot that ****, you don't want it on any of your external painted pieces, as it stains and is a bear to get off, even with wax and grease remover.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Is the sound occurring while applying brakes? I never heard squeaking from my rear brakes, except when I would step on brake pedal on worn out rear pads. Squeaking went away after new pad/rotor change.

If you think sound occurs during rear suspension travel after moderate bumps in the road, it may just be due to outside cold temps... an issue I'm having with my lowered car. Squeaks go away during warmer weather.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Take them things off and send them to me! I will send you my stock gt brakes that don't squeak!

Like said before I think it has to do with weather also, changing stuff out will more likely fix the issue for this winter and be back next winter...

I would inspect and make sure every thing is good, lubricate what you can and leave the rest be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT