Next upgrades for 2011 mustang gt? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have the aluminum ds and the minute you pop the clutch after the swap it feels like 20 more hp, a very noticable gain, granted its not adding hp, but it feels like it.
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
I have the aluminum ds and the minute you pop the clutch after the swap it feels like 20 more hp, a very noticable gain, granted its not adding hp, but it feels like it.
An add like that, is like doing an aero mod. It works for performance, and it will also help when you are just daily driving. Less engine work, better fuel economy. When I do a mod I have to make sure I can justify it with a practical, daily use. "no honey, the drive shaft is mandatory for fuel economy..."

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy13 View Post

do the boss intake mani. I bought the power pack (intake, cai, sct tuner) and it gave me a nice power boost

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-i...ld-2011gt.html
How does the Boss Intake effect the mileage ? Better , Worse, Same ? The thing looks great & I'd like to get one & have it polished to look even sweeter.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu13stang View Post

How does the Boss Intake effect the mileage ? Better , Worse, Same ? The thing looks great & I'd like to get one & have it polished to look even sweeter.
I didn't notice much of a loss at all, I drive like an *** so I never got good mileage to begin with. lol. I didn't buy the car to be fuel efficient
sammy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I've been eyeing the BOSS intake for my next mod but can't decide just yet. I'm waiting for the new Cobrajet intake to get released, and watching for updates on that to see what the community thinks. It may be my next mod, one of the two intakes...
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy13 View Post

I didn't notice much of a loss at all, I drive like an *** so I never got good mileage to begin with. lol. I didn't buy the car to be fuel efficient
Me neither but if it made a drastic diff I wouldn't put one on. For my use.
Thanks Sammy !
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post
I've been eyeing the BOSS intake for my next mod but can't decide just yet. I'm waiting for the new Cobrajet intake to get released, and watching for updates on that to see what the community thinks. It may be my next mod, one of the two intakes...
at what will be more than double the price of the Boss intake, it better be super impressive.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
at what will be more than double the price of the Boss intake, it better be super impressive.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this one... If it's honestly that good, maybe I can catch a deal on a nice used BOSS 302 intake?
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this one... If it's honestly that good, maybe I can catch a deal on a nice used BOSS 302 intake?
haha maybe. I have been half looking for one. If I can find one around 300-350 I'll probably just buy it. I have other mods I want to do first like the MGW shifter and have decided on airlift suspension since it is selling on AM for 2K plus the AM discount.

But the boss intake does interest me...and If i found the right deal.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
From what I've read through research the boss intake is useless for street driving . It only gives more top end none at bottom
I can vouch for that it loses torque down low.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I read about it to me it looks like strictly a race deal , which if that's what your lookin for that's great, I love all the options we have on this Coyote ,for my money the Boss just looks better though!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

First thing to do is to replace the garbage oem shocks and struts (KONI will be a good option), and if you are doing that, take advantage of lowering your car, Steeda sport springs is a good option (about 1 in.)
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
First thing to do is to replace the garbage oem shocks and struts (KONI will be a good option), and if you are doing that, take advantage of lowering your car, Steeda sport springs is a good option (about 1 in.)
+1 on the koni's i love mine and i have the ford racing k spings
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I have the Koni strt and love them, add another vote for them

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I have the Koni strt and love them, add another vote for them
Koni STR.T Front Mustang Strut (05-10 All) 8750-1030 - Free Shipping!

and

Koni STR.T Rear Mustang Shock (05-10 All) 8250-1008 - Free Shipping!

?????
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

nope. i have the adjustable ones. they are yellow
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I had looked at these too, but i could save considerable money doing the strt shocks and struts.

If the strt give a smoothish ride but also handle well i'd just consider getting them.'

it is funny too because the company Koni is located like 10 mins from where I work.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had looked at these too, but i could save considerable money doing the strt shocks and struts.

If the strt give a smoothish ride but also handle well i'd just consider getting them.'

it is funny too because the company Koni is located like 10 mins from where I work.
how do you like the hybrid tune compared to the other tunes?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16 View Post

how do you like the hybrid tune compared to the other tunes?
Street I liked a lot but enjoyed the pull after you got out of 1st of the race tune. Never really ran the performance tune. Ran the race tune almost a year and the hybrid brought back the torque I lost going from the street to the hybrid.

Loving it so far.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #56
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I feel like these dampers make the mustang feel exactly like it should have from the factory, smooth ride but very little body roll/brake dive/squat. I highly recommend them

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Street I liked a lot but enjoyed the pull after you got out of 1st of the race tune. Never really ran the performance tune. Ran the race tune almost a year and the hybrid brought back the torque I lost going from the street to the hybrid.

Loving it so far.
i drive around on the performance tune. i dont use my race tune as a dd cause i have the ghost cam on there that i think is messed up. ive never used my street tune. i might have to look into the hybrid tune.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I feel like these dampers make the mustang feel exactly like it should have from the factory, smooth ride but very little body roll/brake dive/squat. I highly recommend them
Sweet! I might look into doing those then. Since they will save me a lot of cash.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16 View Post

i drive around on the performance tune. i dont use my race tune as a dd cause i have the ghost cam on there that i think is messed up. ive never used my street tune. i might have to look into the hybrid tune.
Ahhh I have a street performance race cam and hybrid tune. I like hybrid the best. Cam is fun for showing off but is not a DD tune. Acts goofy though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 mustang