Smoke or Blacked out - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16 View Post

who knows. i dont even know if i will be changing the grill. this was just an idea i had floating around up there. i no longer have my headlight covers on like in my avatar and my headlights are 8000k
Are you selling the covers ? I've been lookin at gettin a set or maybe tinting. Also do you have a pick of your 8000k through the covers? I am lookin at gettin 6000 or 8000k 55w hids.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Are you selling the covers ? I've been lookin at gettin a set or maybe tinting. Also do you have a pick of your 8000k through the covers? I am lookin at gettin 6000 or 8000k 55w hids.
sadly they got a little scratched up when they were in the backseat. i wouldnt really recommend the covers anyway. the first set i ordered cracked while putting them on, i have to peel off the velco that comes on it and put my own double sided tape because the velco showed when the lights were on, and they scratched my bumper a little since they have a tab that goes between the bottom of the light and the bumper.

im pretty sure i have a pic of the covers with my HIDs on my house computer. i am at work right now.

ive heard that the 55w HIDs can melt housings. they will be helpful if you use the covers but i would be careful.

if i dont buy the raxiom headlights then i might have my factory lights painted at my shop
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

sadly they got a little scratched up when they were in the backseat. i wouldnt really recommend the covers anyway. the first set i ordered cracked while putting them on, i have to peel off the velco that comes on it and put my own double sided tape because the velco showed when the lights were on, and they scratched my bumper a little since they have a tab that goes between the bottom of the light and the bumper.

im pretty sure i have a pic of the covers with my HIDs on my house computer. i am at work right now.

ive heard that the 55w HIDs can melt housings. they will be helpful if you use the covers but i would be careful.

if i dont buy the raxiom headlights then i might have my factory lights painted at my shop
Thanks for the info. I have heard ppl say that they will melt housings but I've never actually seen proof that it will happen. Have you ? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

i know someone how had their raxiom headlight housing melt. i dont know if it was because they had a 55w hid kit or it was just a defect. also i wouldnt go ebay in the HID kit. ive learned my lesson. tried being cheap with my truck and had a set of fogs short out and catch on fire. they melted my brand new fog light housing lol
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i know someone how had their raxiom headlight housing melt. i dont know if it was because they had a 55w hid kit or it was just a defect. also i wouldnt go ebay in the HID kit. ive learned my lesson. tried being cheap with my truck and had a set of fogs short out and catch on fire. they melted my brand new fog light housing lol
Yea I'm gonna go with the DDMs. I've herd nothin but good about them.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
here are the pics i have. doubt they will help though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-08_19-41-56_657.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	84118   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-08_19-40-58_99.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	84119  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0076.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	84120  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

here are the pics i have. doubt they will help though.
It might if they would load on my Droid lol. I hate it when pics won't load on this thing.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black

It might if they would load on my Droid lol. I hate it when pics won't load on this thing.
I belive it has to do with thier internet connection. I have to open the browser sometimes to see pictures.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I belive it has to do with thier internet connection. I have to open the browser sometimes to see pictures.
I just found the open browser button.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT