Is driving a modified car year round a good idea? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Is driving a modified car year round a good idea?

i am most likely going to be buying a 2012 or 2013 mustang gt in the next year or so. i plan to have a supercharger bolted on for added power(not sure what setup im going with yet). is it practical to make this car my daily driver, even in the winter? i know most of the setups that i have checked out so far advertise that they are reliable and put low strain on the engine. but how badly if at all will this effect the longevity of my automobile? i would also like to get suggestions regarding the supercharger that i should use. thanks for your feedback.
imported_conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

your car will be almost undrivable in any snow or ice conditions, this is not a winter car.for ice or snow
hawiovi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #3

Do some research and see what others have done.

Some engines handle them some die quick.

As a daily it would be ok but fuel would be costly depending on how you drove it.

Not a common option as a daily but I had a few mates that did it (Chev engine), it is a supercharged car nothing less, don't expect any street manners in the city from it.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

im not sure if a stock moustang gt has a high enough compression ratio to supercharge it and drive it around dailu. I think its like 11.0:1 but there are 5.0 crate engines out there with a 9.5:1 compression ratio and will be able to handle the power of the supercharger. Im not saying that the stock engine cant but it defintaly wouldnt last as long.

Whipple is and kenne bell are probabley the most popular. Kenne bell claims to be able to produce the most ho from a stock motor and is relatively cheaper. Also with the kenne bell i think they have kits to produce like 750 to 800 hp for around 7 or 8k. I would personally go with a kenne bell.

Not to tell you which to buy but i would buy the 2013 stang if i were going to but a new one. Simply because the new taillights look amazing. and theres a new grill and hood that makes it look like a shelby and its easier to tell the difference between a v6 and gt because now i have to kinda get close to tell the diff...ANd the 2013 should be here by early spring. Also there will be 420hp instead of 412hp and glass roof option.

Check ford.com!!
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT