2010 Ford Mustang GT MPG! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
I have Corsa Extreme Exhaust, but like I said, I drive it responsibly unless something worthy of me giving up MPG is around. Just because I don't drive like an ******* 100% if the time doesn't mean that it doesn't get driven like a muscle car.
Another +1. I get a bit over 20mpg on average. Combined city & congested highway. Most of the time it isn't worth driving like an *** & there is a time & place to lean on it. This weekend I dropped from about 20.2 average to 19.4 average. Autocrossing will do that.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

Another +1. I get a bit over 20mpg on average. Combined city & congested highway. Most of the time it isn't worth driving like an *** & there is a time & place to lean on it. This weekend I dropped from about 20.2 average to 19.4 average. Autocrossing will do that.
How are you tracking mileage? I wonder if people here are using what to track it, pen paper, computer, gauges, if computer how they do it, so on. Would just be nice to know.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
How are you tracking mileage? I wonder if people here are using what to track it, pen paper, computer, gauges, if computer how they do it, so on. Would just be nice to know.
I use MPGforFree on the iPhone. I have found that if I reset the computer in the car on every tank full, the calculation is spot on with the app.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I was doing 70 mph on the interstate when I took this, it goes from 26 -30 mpg on most days.
I have a BAMA performance tune, it never did this until after the tune.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-795448520.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	88170  
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Our 04gt averages 17/25. Good to see technology hasn't improved that much lol.

I've also yet to see a new focus average better than my 07. Running average hand calculated for 50k miles is 31.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Am I the only one in here that bought a Mustang and have NEVER checked on my MPG? I didn't even look at city or highway MPG.

Perhaps some of you should have bought a Focus.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #77
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
Am I the only one in here that bought a Mustang and have NEVER checked on my MPG? I didn't even look at city or highway MPG.

I keep up with all my cars...just habit
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I keep up with all my cars...just habit
Not to mention that a sudden change in MPG can be a symptom of a problem. It is just one more statistic that can tell you how your car is running.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

WHATTTTT?? No fun in miami? What part of the city are you? I see 13 to 15 mpg city. And i live in miami (kendall).
Pinecrest. I shouldn't have said that. But I really only know 2 spots that are close enough for a little fun. Only problem is by the time I'm out there, people, people everywhere. Weekends are my safe haven though.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So they make a 300hp FR focus now? Or is the only way to drive rear wheel and fun also mean being ignorant to efficiency?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson

I use MPGforFree on the iPhone. I have found that if I reset the computer in the car on every tank full, the calculation is spot on with the app.
So calculating? Like, gallons and miles used?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just the computer. It's accurate enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

It's a habit. I don't see a point in hooning around & wasting gas on the street. It's just that many more pennies towards mods. My other car IS a Focus...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Checking mileage is a simple way to catch a problem before it becomes serious. If I was worried about mpg's, I wouldn't be driving a truck that gets 8.5 mpg.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So they make a 300hp FR focus now? Or is the only way to drive rear wheel and fun also mean being ignorant to efficiency?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

So calculating? Like, gallons and miles used?
Correct. With the app I mentioned, you fill your tank, put in gallons used and miles and it shows your mileage. You can save it as well.

If I reset the computer in the car every tank, it exactly matches what the app says my mileage is.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

Just the computer. It's accurate enough for me.

It's a habit. I don't see a point in hooning around & wasting gas on the street. It's just that many more pennies towards mods. My other car IS a Focus...
The issue with that is that if one doesn't reset it, t is just one big average.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure I read that it's a rolling average of the last 500 miles. Can't find it in the manual, so I don't recall where. The way the average moves around on me that's about how it's behaving. The day at the track dropped the average about 0.6mpg & after a week of commuting it's moving back to normal.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
I'm sure I read that it's a rolling average of the last 500 miles. Can't find it in the manual, so I don't recall where. The way the average moves around on me that's about how it's behaving. The day at the track dropped the average about 0.6mpg & after a week of commuting it's moving back to normal.
that would be sense. It does vary to much to be a complete average from the moment reset is hit. I have almost 1000 miles since it last got reset and the dang thing still moves like crazy. One day of 30 miles street driving and my MPG drops like none other.

My 2007 Tundra is not this way. That MPG thing has been stuck at 14.7 for the past few years. Doesn't matter if I baby the car for 2000 miles it still stays at 14.7 and I know it should have gone up the past 30,000 miles once I got the mustang. Stopped driving the tundra like a race car.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT