Aeroforce in da house! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Aeroforce in da house!

So, I received my Aeroforce dual gauge setup today from AM ... unfortunately the Speed of Sound pods were "held" by UPS for some reason in Laurel, MD ... not sure when they will be here or WTH is going on, but I called AM and they said UPS said they should be here Friday, though the tracking shows it still in hold.

But, I digress. I plugged them in and played with them a bit ... the interface took a few minutes to get use to but it's a snap once you get the hang of it. Pretty cool.

Any tips on installation? I am mainly looking for wire-routing advice ... these things have 5 feet of heavy wire and I need like 2 feet. What have you guys done in the past ... just roll it up and tuck it somewhere and zip-tie it or is there some other clever solution anyone has thought of? Or will this all be so incredibly obvious once the pods are here?

Thanks.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That awesome man im looking at those too... I just have a question... Do u just plug it into the obd2 port and thats it?
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, just plugs right in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I just rolled up the excess wire and tucked it behind the piller- no problem. These are cool and a very easy install, but my complaint is that they are virtually impossible to read in the daylight, even turned up to full brightness. The blue readouts are just washed out in sunlight. They look cool as heck at night though...
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

My pillar came today .... not sure what was up with UPS but it's here so hopefully I can install this evening. I assume old pillar just pops out and the new one pops in?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
yeah, it's a piece of cake- pops right off. Actual install might take you 1/2 hour- programming the gauges longer...
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Easy install. One gauge needed some electrical tape to snug it up. One of them also kept shutting off after the "boot" screen ... I unplugged to ODB2 connection and re-seated it and it started working again. Weird.

My A/F with my Steeda tune is in the 11's at WOT which is in line with what I read in my data logs.

the new pillar looked like a factory part with gauge pods installed. I laid them next to each other and they were as close to identical in texture, color, shape as I could visually verify.

So far, impressed.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So, you guys that have these gauges with a manual tranny - what do you monitor? I have one set to both A/F ratio sensors, RPM with the annunciator set, the other with cmd a/f ration, cyl head temp, fuel rail pressure, and ignition advance.

Honestly, aside from A/F ratio and RPM, I am not sure what's really worthwhile to monitor. They are all cool ... but I'd like to be practical too if possible.

Suggestions, and why?

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Do you have forced induction or got gauges just for the heck of it ? Lol jw they do look bad *** lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Just for the hell of it ... changing, illuminated numbers look cool, and the gauge pods look cool. I was surprised by the pillar quality overall.

At the back the gap is a little wider than the factory pillar, but it's not noticeable and the gap was not exactly the same between the driver and passenger side, anyway. I had to put quite a bit of tape on on gauge, the other fit perfectly. But once installed, it looks factory.

I want to get the SVT gauge faces from the company ... they would then have something "Ford-ish" on them.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Where's the pics?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Where's the pics?
I'll take some shortly.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post

I'll take some shortly.
:good; I need some pod ideas.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Uploading .... be ready in 5 or 10 ...

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Here you go:

mmike87's Library | Photobucket
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
Uploading .... be ready in 5 or 10 ...

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Here you go:

mmike87's Library | Photobucket
Nice! About the gap, what if you stick something behind the pillar to push it out some to make it flush? Overall, it looks good.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Nice! About the gap, what if you stick something behind the pillar to push it out some to make it flush? Overall, it looks good.
it's not really the fact that it's not flush - in reality, it's pretty close ... it's the horizontal gap between the SOS piece and the factory trim piece behind it that extends back. That gap is wider than before ... but I doubt anyone would ever notice unless they had previously seen it.

IMO that is more noticeable.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Looks good, me likes
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

A little disappointed that we can't the graphs, etc. on our version of the gauge. Wasn't expecting it ... but accidentally looked at the 5.2 manual and realized that we don't have that feature apparently.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT