new to my 2013 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by richgangsta41 View Post
I'm new to my GT. Any pointers?
keep an eye out for that flashing check engine light. not trying to scare ya but my buddy just bought a 13 5.0 around the middle of dec. and he had a flashing check engine light and when he looked it up it came back as a misfire and he said he found it on a bunch of forums that a bunch of the 13 had them. BTW his car has zero mods done
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman325 View Post
Just so folks understand this...it is a gizmo. Plain and simple. Just like a mirror, or a sensor. Until someone can explain the downside to utilizing gizmos to drive, be it sensors, backup cameras, mirrors, corrective eyeglasses, I will continue to endorse the use of gizmos. There are no end to naysayers to technology, the days of riding horses are not for this kid, give me a Mustang with 420 horses, mirrors, backup cameras, sensors, and...what the heck, throw in side cameras for giggles.
I have no problem with the gizmos. What I don't like is the people who use them to replace driving skill rather than enhancing it. For example, I do have the reverse sensors. They are quite useful to help judge very accurately how close you are getting to an object. I can also parallel park without aid--but those sensors allow me to get the car into tighter spots than I might otherwise attempt, and get it there quicker. Enhance the skill, not replace it.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
I have no problem with the gizmos. What I don't like is the people who use them to replace driving skill rather than enhancing it. For example, I do have the reverse sensors. They are quite useful to help judge very accurately how close you are getting to an object. I can also parallel park without aid--but those sensors allow me to get the car into tighter spots than I might otherwise attempt, and get it there quicker. Enhance the skill, not replace it.
I have the backup sensors as well. It loves to sound off every time I back out of my garage, but I leave it on to help me stay alert Its like the occasional wake-up call. I rely more on my mirrors and my eyes, but the backup sensor helps me in super-tight parking lots (AKA the Toyota dealership I used to work at.)

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Just an update...installed the rear sensors yesterday, it was super easy. Turns out there is a hollow area in the rear bumper that lines up perfectly with the inner trunk, 5 inches away from the license plate on both sides, perfectly in the middle of the plate vertical dimension. A simple two sensor package and I just threw the speaker on the driver's side at the rear seat lay down post. It senses 5 feet away with one audible beep, then increases the frequency as you get closer. Wonderful. It just lets one know to check out the mirrors/camera for what is there.
mtnman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Where u buy this?
Ratraget is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT