super charging a stock 2011 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

bossgt06 is unknown around these parts
super charging a stock 2011

I was wondering which supercharger kit would be ok for my stock internals on my 11 gt, also are there any other supporting mods I'd need to do. All info is greatly appreciated

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

JG5.0 is unknown around these parts
All depends on how much power you want and for what applications the car will be used for more

Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

McQueen is unknown around these parts
A guy at my local car meet just go it done today,
12k total with exhaust and twin turbo. Running on 12 psi on stock internals. CRAZY
Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3108921628.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	560.7 KB
ID:	84785   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3826341861.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	479.6 KB
ID:	84786  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1957263128.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	553.9 KB
ID:	84788  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
12k total with exhaust and twin turbo. Running on 12 psi on stock internals. CRAZY
Enjoy
Nice!! Crazy money though!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossgt06
I was wondering which supercharger kit would be ok for my stock internals on my 11 gt, also are there any other supporting mods I'd need to do. All info is greatly appreciated
Roush, Paxton/vortech are the best though, straight bolt on kits with the sent tune will be fine for a stock motor easily
Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

BlackBetty5.0 is unknown around these parts
FORD RACING/WHIPPLE 624HP 9 psi 2011-2013 MUSTANG GT SUPERCHARGER KIT (Black Wrinkle) -- M-6066-MGT624D

Found this while dremaing of a day that I will have 7K at my disposal. The warranty is hard to beat 5yr 100k miles. Seems perfect for someone who wants a lot of power and not take a huge risk.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Enjoy
That's a pretty sweet setup, what kind of numbers is it putting down?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0
FORD RACING/WHIPPLE 624HP 9 psi 2011-2013 MUSTANG GT SUPERCHARGER KIT (Black Wrinkle) -- M-6066-MGT624D

Found this while dremaing of a day that I will have 7K at my disposal. The warranty is hard to beat 5yr 100k miles. Seems perfect for someone who wants a lot of power and not take a huge risk.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

True but this 624hp number is bs. The tune is really conservative... You can spend under 6k for more proven power. If you want a PD kit the roush is the best. They warranty as well, most dealerships will help you out if you talk to them since it's Roush as well.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #7

I was looking at the roush charger so far its been my number 1 choice from AM, going to talk to my dealership tomorrow
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was looking at the roush charger so far its been my number 1 choice from AM, going to talk to my dealership tomorrow
Check Brenspeed, VMP, and lethal performance as well. JPC has some nice kits too. Can't Hurt to do some extra searching so that you don't feel as If you made a choice without being for sure
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post

Check Brenspeed, VMP, and lethal performance as well. JPC has some nice kits too. Can't Hurt to do some extra searching so that you don't feel as If you made a choice without being for sure
Thanks I'll look at their kits tomorrow, I'm not going to jump at the first one I'm going to read reviews on all of them, also looking in to some new wheels I'm going to some staggered foose speed wheels
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks I'll look at their kits tomorrow, I'm not going to jump at the first one I'm going to read reviews on all of them, also looking in to some new wheels I'm going to some staggered foose speed wheels
Nice! I have a Paxton kit and love it, I'm sure I'd love all of them though haha! Good luck, let us know what you go with!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

6SpeedFreak is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Nice!! Crazy money though!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Roush, Paxton/vortech are the best though, straight bolt on kits with the sent tune will be fine for a stock motor easily
I totally disagree!!! They are not the best...just the easiest to install!!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post

Putting down 700 hp to the wheel and 625 or so in TQ to the ground as well.
He wanted to take me for a ride and i said nooo!!!
He was using slicks and the road was wet.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedFreak View Post

They are the ones that have been proven to safely work and they offer some sort of warranty.
Which others do u think are better?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Supporter
Staff

primer2tone is unknown around these parts
Quote:

They are definitely popular. Just about every time someone brings up boosting a 5.0, I hear those brands.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
They are definitely popular. Just about every time someone brings up boosting a 5.0, I hear those brands.
That is because they are cheap and easy!!

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Putting down 700 hp to the wheel and 625 or so in TQ to the ground as well.
He wanted to take me for a ride and i said nooo!!!
He was using slicks and the road was wet.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

They are the ones that have been proven to safely work and they offer some sort of warranty.
Which others do u think are better?
I think Turbos are much better!! If they weren't I doubt the new cobrajet would be sporting two of them!!!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Turbos are definable good but there arent any good out of the box kits and taking my car to a shop means that they will built me a custom one but will also experiment with my car and do a ton of dyno pulls and there is a change that they could **** it up and break my engine or tranny. If you are staying under 700 horses there is no need to go crazy with custom turbos because a twin screw will get you about the same numbers with BIG TQ. And companies like roush and paxton have spend a ton of cash just so u are confident that your car will be safe with high hp numbers.
And also the $$$$ turbo has 2 times the labor, the guy with the twin turbos paid $3500 in labor alone.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Turbos are definable good but there arent any good out of the box kits and taking my car to a shop means that they will built me a custom one but will also experiment with my car and do a ton of dyno pulls and there is a change that they could **** it up and break my engine or tranny. If you are staying under 700 horses there is no need to go crazy with custom turbos because a twin screw will get you about the same numbers with BIG TQ. And companies like roush and paxton have spend a ton of cash just so u are confident that your car will be safe with high hp numbers.
And also the $$$$ turbo has 2 times the labor, the guy with the twin turbos paid $3500 in labor alone.
I paid 5900 dollars to my door...did my install in 14hrs..and hellions kit is wonderfull...also customer service is great too! I did however get a single kit. Turbo gives even better TQ and HP..Turbos are the future and with a controller and a 2step they can't be beat...no headers needed! add a set of Kooks to a Centri or PD and you cost more than a turbo.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

1 Alibi 2 is unknown around these parts
Your budget will likely decide which " kit " you go with.
The #'s you see advertised are crank / flywheel, not rwhp.
FRPP kits are conservative but deliver what they say & are usually 50 state legal. Their warranty applies " only " if installed by a dealership.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
2011 Shelby GT500 - lightly modded to 756rwhp
&
2014 Shelby GT500 - detuned to 780rwhp
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi View Post
Your budget will likely decide which " kit " you go with.
The #'s you see advertised are crank / flywheel, not rwhp.
FRPP kits are conservative but deliver what they say & are usually 50 state legal. Their warranty applies " only " if installed by a dealership.
And that is the Facts my friend!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I paid 5900 dollars to my door...did my install in 14hrs..and hellions kit is wonderfull...also customer service is great too! I did however get a single kit. Turbo gives even better TQ and HP..Turbos are the future and with a controller and a 2step they can't be beat...no headers needed! add a set of Kooks to a Centri or PD and you cost more than a turbo.
Do you have a dyno sheet? What #s are u making?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedFreak

Well if you wanna get down to the nuts and bolts then.... He should buy an aluminator, twin turbo, build heads even more, upgrade tranny, all supporting mods for the track and 20lbs of boost haha. Not knocking you, just giving the guy what he wanted to know. Roush and Paxton have proven themselves at the track with many diff cars. No one has blown up that I know of and there is no tuning and testing like there would be with turbos. People have problems even doing hellions single turbo kit. It's an expensive car to just start doing trial and error with 8k worth of parts and who knows what labor will be. I agree with you that the twin turbo 5.0 is sick but damn, 12k??? If ya got the money, do it!! I like my stock Paxton 5.0 for the 559rwp at 5k better! That's without any aftermarket parts except ABs. the kit supports up to 1000hp, so 600 to 700 will be easy with some tuning, exhaust work, BAP and depending, some bigger injectors.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have a dyno sheet? What #s are u making?
I should be getting dyno done by the end of the month...None that close to me. I have only had the kit on for a little over a month and almost 2k miles on it.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well if you wanna get down to the nuts and bolts then.... He should buy an aluminator, twin turbo, build heads even more, upgrade tranny, all supporting mods for the track and 20lbs of boost haha. Not knocking you, just giving the guy what he wanted to know. Roush and Paxton have proven themselves at the track with many diff cars. No one has blown up that I know of and there is no tuning and testing like there would be with turbos. People have problems even doing hellions single turbo kit. It's an expensive car to just start doing trial and error with 8k worth of parts and who knows what labor will be. I agree with you that the twin turbo 5.0 is sick but damn, 12k??? If ya got the money, do it!! I like my stock Paxton 5.0 for the 559rwp at 5k better! That's without any aftermarket parts except ABs. the kit supports up to 1000hp, so 600 to 700 will be easy with some tuning, exhaust work, BAP and depending, some bigger injectors.
5900 and 5k not a huge difference in my book, oh and what PSI are you running also who drives at 7k RPM where you make that peak what is your HP from 3k to 5k. And as for tuning and testing, I can only go by what I have been through and I think a step test datalog and a full throttle 3rd gear pull isn't a lot of test and tune...I agree that it is more difficult to install and some people shouldn't attempt it but it is well worth it in the end. And yes they are proven at the track because there are prolly 100X the number of Centri and PD cars vs turbo...but that will start changing...even Ford is moving torwards turbos...the SHO, Ecoboost, Cobrajet...Support for them will increase..

Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Modular Motor Forced Induction Dyno Comparison - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Ford Modular Motor Forced Induction Dyno Comparison - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

5900 and 5k not a huge difference in my book, oh and what PSI are you running also who drives at 7k RPM where you make that peak what is your HP from 3k to 5k. And as for tuning and testing, I can only go by what I have been through and I think a step test datalog and a full throttle 3rd gear pull isn't a lot of test and tune...I agree that it is more difficult to install and some people shouldn't attempt it but it is well worth it in the end. And yes they are proven at the track because there are prolly 100X the number of Centri and PD cars vs turbo...but that will start changing...even Ford is moving torwards turbos...the SHO, Ecoboost, Cobrajet...Support for them will increase..
I'm all for turbos.. Don't get me wrong! Im at 7.5psi. Stock kit. I was comparing to a twin bc that's where the 5.0s have really shined. I stay in boost from 3800 to redline so idk why you would wanna drive at 7k anyway. I like it better bc it's like a turbo, let's you get off the line easier then a PD since all the power isn't hitting at once. Made 464tq as well. The power curve is better then what you think. When you wanna go, it's there and you don't have to be revving all out.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm all for turbos.. Don't get me wrong! Im at 7.5psi. Stock kit. I was comparing to a twin bc that's where the 5.0s have really shined. I stay in boost from 3800 to redline so idk why you would wanna drive at 7k anyway. I like it better bc it's like a turbo, let's you get off the line easier then a PD since all the power isn't hitting at once. Made 464tq as well. The power curve is better then what you think. When you wanna go, it's there and you don't have to be revving all out.
I don't know what you mean by coming off line easy...A turbo can come off the line at full boost with a 2step and they only cost 200 dollars.

And yes twins are awesome but a single is right behind them for much less cost! Twins are for people who want to make crazy HP numbers.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know what you mean by coming off line easy...A turbo can come off the line at full boost with a 2step.
I said compared to a PD kit. The punch isn't packed at low RPMs meaning you don't spin as much down low hence taking off with less wasted wheel spin. I'm not trying to argue with you. Turbos are gonna be the way soon bc of the control you have over them. I'm just replying to the guys post about "supercharges"

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0

I said compared to a PD kit. The punch isn't packed at low RPMs meaning you don't spin as much down low hence taking off with less wasted wheel spin. I'm not trying to argue with you. Turbos are gonna be the way soon bc of the control you have over them. I'm just replying to the guys post about "supercharges"
Everybody gets a certain kit for a reason. Some don't have shops close by if something happens, deals, simplicity, etc. I just hope with whatever everybody chose to go with, that they are content bc it's a good bit of money regardless.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Supporter
Staff

GrabberBlue5.0 is unknown around these parts
Hellion inflates their dyno numbers, track times do not back their power numbers. Turbo kits also run very hot, more so than a blower, especially over a centri. Cannot deny that psi for psi turbos make more power, but as states before they are much harder to tune for

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Everybody gets a certain kit for a reason. Some don't have shops close by if something happens, deals, simplicity, etc. I just hope with whatever everybody chose to go with, that they are content bc it's a good bit of money regardless.
I understand where you are coming from...But I was one of the people wondering what supercharger to go with a few months ago...I just happened to stumble onto the Article that I posted and it made me think about turbos...I am soooo glad i did!! Not many people have them on here and everyone states how hard to tune, how complicated an install, how pricey, the list just goes on and on. There are only a few people on here with turbos so not much gets said about them. Well I had none of the issues that people always talk about and Im at almost 2k miles with the turbo...It rocks...people talk about the turbo lag and no boost off the line...Those are all but gone in todays turbos..They are talking about late 80s turbo cars or ones that are not matched to the motor. My car drives stock...I don't even see boost in every day driving because it doesn't start coming in till 2200 or so and that is when I normally shift. My fuel milage went up by 3 to 5 mpg...So many people overlook a good thing on here.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I understand where you are coming from...But I was one of the people wondering what supercharger to go with a few months ago...I just happened to stumble onto the Article that I posted and it made me think about turbos...I am soooo glad i did!! Not many people have them on here and everyone states how hard to tune, how complicated an install, how pricey, the list just goes on and on. There are only a few people on here with turbos so not much gets said about them. Well I had none of the issues that people always talk about and Im at almost 2k miles with the turbo...It rocks...people talk about the turbo lag and no boost off the line...Those are all but gone in todays turbos..They are talking about late 80s turbo cars or ones that are not matched to the motor. My car drives stock...I don't even see boost in every day driving because it doesn't start coming in till 2200 or so and that is when I normally shift. My fuel milage went up by 3 to 5 mpg...So many people overlook a good thing on here.
I hear ya, it's true that they don't get much positives. Hellions first turbo kit caused a lot of the negatives I believe. They have def gotten better since 2010-11. I just liked the centri kit bc of the normal driving as well til you want it to wake up... Oh and the whistle plus huge blow off might make me really happy too lol! I love them both though. Hopefully one day I'll have 4 stangs, 1 centri, 1 twin screw, twin turbo, and a all motor monster haha!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #30

I'm not really in to turbo cars I had a lancer evo and it was a head ache and it burnt me on them, I was wondering about procharger kits anyone have any experience with them?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Hellion inflates their dyno numbers, track times do not back their power numbers. Turbo kits also run very hot, more so than a blower, especially over a centri. Cannot deny that psi for psi turbos make more power, but as states before they are much harder to tune for
Hellion inflates huh...

2012 GT Project Blackout Mustang Project Car - Free Shipping!

guess they do too!

Mods for Coyote Mods, Part 4 - Coyote From Hell - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

O and these guys too!

The list goes on and on. the problem is going to a tuner that can't tune a turbo!!
Yeah for the average tuner they are hard to tune but for the guys doing them day in and day out they are easy...As for heat I have yet to notice...my engine bay temps are the same they always were and my IATs have yet to go 30 over ambient!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossgt06 View Post
I'm not really in to turbo cars I had a lancer evo and it was a head ache and it burnt me on them, I was wondering about procharger kits anyone have any experience with them?
He know what he wants! I will back out now!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Procharger is ok. If you going centri id say Paxton. Prochargers intake is in a bad place, lotta heat. They are more money too
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Black5.0 is unknown around these parts
Procharger does cost a bit more but the placement of the intake doesn't matter. While driving iats are only a couple degrees above ambient.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Nuclear power is way better than all of those

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT