2013 Brembo LCA? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

You have a V6 though whole different story.
Yep, v6. Hopefully with the 3:55 it can throw the vehicle hard up into its power band and get to it's max HP and torque.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Kinda see why... Who would go from 3.31 to 3.55?? For the same price u can go 3.73... But of course if I had 3.55 jumping to 3.73 is not that much worth it
If I ever change gears from 3.31s, 3.55s is what I'll go with. Imo, the stock gears are damn near perfect now.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Dude, the only thing I missed in the list is the scoop, c'mon now, read please....

I have a BBP too.
I have.

Quoting the Ford website:
"The GT Track Pack Includes:
* TORSEN helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
* Boss 302 radiator
* High-performance Brembo friction material upgrade (unique corner modules)
* Upgraded front and rear brakes (with unique caliper finish) and booster
* Unique front corner modules
* 19 x 9.0 premium painted (dark stainless) aluminum wheels and 255/40R19 Z-rates summer-only tire
* Tire mobility kit
* Unique ESC module tuning"

"The Brembo Brake Package includes:
* Front: 14" Brembo vented rotors with Brembo 4-piston calipers
* Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
* Unique electronic stability Control (ESC) tuning
* 19 x 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
* Tire mobility kit replaces spare
* Aggressive suspension tuning"

That reads to me the track pack gets the Boss radiator and Torsen and the BBP does not. Believe the Ford site or not, we've derailed this thread enough.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
There is no way that I would do 3.31 on an auto for the cost of the upgrade it wouldn't affect it enough....in my 2011 5.0 auto 3.73s were perfect at the track and on the street...don't listen to them do the frpp 3.73s....then you can do a lower torque convertor and still be street able IMHO
Your 3.73's were perfect at the track? Curious on what your times/trap speed are then. Please provide all info as this ought to get good.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Your 3.73's were perfect at the track? Curious on what your times/trap speed are then. Please provide all info as this ought to get good.
I don't think they're understanding that staying with the lower gear ratio, (especially with an auto) keeps the RPMS in place to stay in 3rd or 4th depending so that they don't have to shift and will give them a better time and trap speed. The bigger gears may be fun on the street but going too big isn't optimal for the track.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post

I have.

* Boss 302 radiator
* 19 x 9.0 premium painted (dark stainless) aluminum wheels and 255/40R19 Z-rates summer-only tire
* Tire mobility kit

* 19 x 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires

That reads to me the track pack gets the Boss radiator and Torsen and the BBP does not. Believe the Ford site or not, we've derailed this thread enough.
I think when he said "BAR" these parts he meant that those were the parts that the Track Pack and not with the Brembo. A little confusing but that's what I'm thinking anyway.
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post
I don't think they're understanding that staying with the lower gear ratio, (especially with an auto) keeps the RPMS in place to stay in 3rd or 4th depending so that they don't have to shift and will give them a better time and trap speed. The bigger gears may be fun on the street but going too big isn't optimal for the track.
Bingo! Someone gets it.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I didn't have a torque convertor... I had cai, tune, 3.73 gears, and drag radials

I ran only 1/8th mile stuff so I am not positive on the 1/4 mile
I was running low 1.8 60fts, 7.7 et, and 93ish mph

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Automatic of course
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't have a torque convertor... I had cai, tune, 3.73 gears, and drag radials

I ran only 1/8th mile stuff so I am not positive on the 1/4 mile
I was running low 1.8 60fts, 7.7 et, and 93ish mph

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Automatic of course
Well 1/8th mile would be different cuz you wouldn't have to try to stay in 3rd or 4th like in the 1/4
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

maybe but IMHO going from 3.15 to 3.31 is an absolute waist of money in fact I know a friend of mine was roushcharged with an auto 3.73 gears doing high 9s consistently so it all depends I guess on your overall goal if you are building a 1000 hp 5.0 then yeah maybe 3.73 gears would be too much but if you going to do minor mods I say the 3.73 is perfect... It's your car and your money so ultimately it up to you...If you go with 3.31 gears you pretty much won't feel them on the street nor will they net you much on the track
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
maybe but IMHO going from 3.15 to 3.73 is an absolute waist of money in fact I know a friend of mine was roushcharged with an auto 3.73 gears doing high 9s consistently so it all depends I guess on your overall goal if you are building a 1000 hp 5.0 then yeah maybe 3.73 gears would be too much but if you going to do minor mods I say the 3.73 is perfect... It's your car and your money so ultimately it up to you...If you go with 3.31 gears you pretty much won't feel them on the street nor will they net you much on the track
Did you mean going from 3.15 to 3.31? Cuz you said going to 3.73 is a waste but then said they're perfect for minor mods. Just tryna clear it up.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ha, made ya look it up didn't I? So, you were getting at me for things I didn't include in the list when there's other things you didn't include also

You still ain't reading my original post....I never said BBP gets the torsen and the Boss rad, that's some of the things I said are different between the packages. I quote,"...BBP does have all the other track pack stuff bar the oil cooler, torsen, slightly bigger rad and grippier brake pads." <italics mine>.

Now, I'll give you the fact the Ford list you provide does include a couple other things but, in the main, I think I got it close enough on the big stuff

Might be because I'm speaking the Queen's English up here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
I have.

* Boss 302 radiator
* Tire mobility kit

5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post

Did you mean going from 3.15 to 3.31? Cuz you said going to 3.73 is a waste but then said they're perfect for minor mods. Just tryna clear it up.
Yep lol sorry gotta proof read more often lol
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep lol sorry gotta proof read more often lol
All good lol
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

The fastest N/A auto cars on the planet are running 3.31's, period. No one is running a good time N/A.with 3.73's.So yes going to 3.31's from 3.15's for track purposes is absolutely worth it.

Here's one example. Show me a auto with 3.73's running as good as this.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Well first of all most people who truly want to go fast don't stay N/A so I am not going to search for hours to find a list of people who use 3.31 vs 3.73 it just doesn't matter to me...secondly I seriously doubt that the people who are asking 3.31 or 3.73 are going to have the money or effort to make a sub 11 sec n/a mustang. So with that said I know of at least five sub 10 second mustang gt autos that are running 3.73s and I could also probably find a lot more if I wanted to. Also did you see the huge list of things that must be done to an n/a car to get it down to the 10s the 3.31 vs 3.55 vs 3.73 gearing probably had little to do with him hitting the 10.9 mark the is just not enough of a sample group to prove your point....lastly as I stated before I care not what you run in you car or don't run in you car I was simply stating that in order to get the most out of you minor bolt on automatic 2011 mustang gt 3.73 is the choice, and the 3.31s will not give you a large result....you can have the last word if you would like....
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

If you read through this thread it will tell you a little about what we mean for gear size in the 1/4. Like the other guy said do whatever you want for your car but you should get all the info about what will happen before you do a mod. I read a better one somewhere but can't find it.

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/new...esting-184794/

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

There's also this if it works. The attachment won't work on my phone.

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/tir...dsheet-183536/
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Ha, made ya look it up didn't I? So, you were getting at me for things I didn't include in the list when there's other things you didn't include also

You still ain't reading my original post....I never said BBP gets the torsen and the Boss rad, that's some of the things I said are different between the packages. I quote,"...BBP does have all the other track pack stuff bar the oil cooler, torsen, slightly bigger rad and grippier brake pads." <italics mine>.

Now, I'll give you the fact the Ford list you provide does include a couple other things but, in the main, I think I got it close enough on the big stuff

Might be because I'm speaking the Queen's English up here....
I had actually looked it up before, which is why I made the original reply. However is DID miss the "bar", so we are saying the same thing in the end. My apologies. That said, even FOrd is kind of vague with the "aggressive suspenstion tuning" part & I'm relying on the Brembo50 site's more specific listing of actual changed parts for BBP vs standard GT such as the GT500 LCAs (specifically this page: Brembo50.com - Car Specs & Info.

I put in the quote from Ford as I like to show the source for my arguments. Too many people just say "read read somewhere on the internet"...
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Only the track pack comes with 3.73 stock not as an option.
i dont have the track pack and i have brembo 3.73

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

here is the comparison of the stock LCA vs BMR LCA.

Take a look at my build for further info. I did the eibach pro kit lowering springs, BMR adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA with BMR relocation brackets. I no longer suffer any hop or spin. I can mash the gas from a 5-10 mph roll in 1st gear and have nothing but hook. In my build I mounted the LCA is the top hole which was for stock ride height so since then I mounted the LCA in the middle hole and have had stunning results.

One of the best mods one can do is the Barton shifter bracket. This will eliminate the 3rd gear mis shift.

Here is the shifter brackets side by side.

Link to my build

2013 mustang dropped on eibach pro kit (pics of install)
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #54
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I have the two post but I have yet to install it

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1176561567.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	85968

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well first of all most people who truly want to go fast don't stay N/A so I am not going to search for hours to find a list of people who use 3.31 vs 3.73 it just doesn't matter to me...secondly I seriously doubt that the people who are asking 3.31 or 3.73 are going to have the money or effort to make a sub 11 sec n/a mustang. So with that said I know of at least five sub 10 second mustang gt autos that are running 3.73s and I could also probably find a lot more if I wanted to. Also did you see the huge list of things that must be done to an n/a car to get it down to the 10s the 3.31 vs 3.55 vs 3.73 gearing probably had little to do with him hitting the 10.9 mark the is just not enough of a sample group to prove your point....lastly as I stated before I care not what you run in you car or don't run in you car I was simply stating that in order to get the most out of you minor bolt on automatic 2011 mustang gt 3.73 is the choice, and the 3.31s will not give you a large result....you can have the last word if you would like....
I have a friend from Long Island that has a fully loaded auto with a converter, exhaust, tire, tune, and 3.31's. I can post a video if need be. His best time to date is 11.4. Please show me some real world data to prove 3.73's are good gear for the auto. Fact: anything over a 3.31 will have an auto shifting into 4th before the stripe. Shifting into 4th will slow you down. Hence the reason there are no "fast" N/A autos running a 3.73.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post

i dont have the track pack and i have brembo 3.73

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

here is the comparison of the stock LCA vs BMR LCA.

Take a look at my build for further info. I did the eibach pro kit lowering springs, BMR adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA with BMR relocation brackets. I no longer suffer any hop or spin. I can mash the gas from a 5-10 mph roll in 1st gear and have nothing but hook. In my build I mounted the LCA is the top hole which was for stock ride height so since then I mounted the LCA in the middle hole and have had stunning results.

One of the best mods one can do is the Barton shifter bracket. This will eliminate the 3rd gear mis shift.

Here is the shifter brackets side by side.

Link to my build

2013 mustang dropped on eibach pro kit (pics of install)
U and I have the exact same setup, but I've yet to have installed the LCA and relo bracket... After this comment I'm anxious to already get it installed !!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quick question, didn't want to start a new thread. I never plan to lower my car, so is there any benefits to adjustable lca's.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Quick question, didn't want to start a new thread. I never plan to lower my car, so is there any benefits to adjustable lca's.
Yes, better traction/launches
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman

Yes, better traction/launches
Thanks, you have any brand suggestions. I have a j&m upper left over from last car.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Thanks, you have any brand suggestions. I have a j&m upper left over from last car.
Can't go wrong with Steeda, BMR or Whiteline. Dont have any experience with J&M but its usually wise to stick with one manufacturer if possible to avoid any incompatible/fitment issues. Thats usually only a problem if you have like a relo bracket from one and a LCA from another, for example, but if you end up going all out on suspension, youll have fewer headaches with as few pieces from different mfgs as possible. So either ditch the J&M or go all J&M if possible IMHO.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT