New BOSS 302 front splitter and Roush Side Splitters installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
New BOSS 302 front splitter and Roush Side Splitters installed

I finally got pictures this weekend of my Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters and BOSS 302 front splitter. Overall, i'm pretty happy with it all. I also added smoked tint from American Muscle to my marker lenses since the weather here in Central Ohio was unseasonably warm.

Up next on the mods list are a gloss black roof panel, HID fog light upgrade, BOSS 302 oil cooler, and the transmission cooler from the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca...

2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Looks mean. I like it.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post
I finally got pictures this weekend of my Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters and BOSS 302 front splitter. Overall, i'm pretty happy with it all. I also added smoked tint from American Muscle to my marker lenses since the weather here in Central Ohio was unseasonably warm.

Up next on the mods list are a gloss black roof panel, HID fog light upgrade, BOSS 302 oil cooler, and the transmission cooler from the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca...
Looks good.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

Shes a beauty. In my personal opinion, I think fogs would make it look better, but from the sides and front it looks damn good.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying modding this car way more than I ever expected, I can't wait to get it out this summer to some of the shows.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Looks mean!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Mine should be in the garage when I get some ... UPS should be delivering them today.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The install procedure appeared to be pretty simple ... were there any tough points, any tips to pass on or was it just insanely simple?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
The install procedure appeared to be pretty simple ... were there any tough points, any tips to pass on or was it just insanely simple?
Installation was fairly simple.

Side Skirts are simple as can be, just make sure you clean them well so the adhesive sticks properly. I worked from front to rear and everything lined up perfectly with no issues. The only issue I had was with drilling the few holes in each one required for the extra clips, just be sure you get the car up high enough to get your drill in there.

For the front splitter, it was also pretty easy. I opted to remove the lower facia though, so I could flip it over and work comfortably on it on my workbench. You can install it on the car, but I thought this was way easier. I took my time, used masking tape to hold it in place once i got it lined up to drill out all the new holes, and it was simple. In my opinion, taking it off was worth the extra 20 minutes to get a flawless finished product.

You'll need to remove the fog light electrical connections, and the connection to the external temp sensor, which was in the drivers side top of the opening, and a phillips screw at each end of the bumper where it connects at the wheel well. Those screws were the hardest part for me.

I found that once removed the fascia will flop around a bit, so I put some towels around the ends of the bumper fascia as I removed and re-installed it to prevent scratching the painted part of the bumper.

I'm actually taking it back off again this week so that I can install my HID upgrade for the fog light bulbs I bought last week... so let me know if you guys have any specific questions or want pictures of any of it.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Looks awesome, I'm a big fan of the Boss 302's exterior styling! Love the Roush side splitters, have you considered the rear bumper side splitters? They're a continuation of the current splitters you have to the edge of the rear bumper. Roush advertises that they're only for 2013's, but there's a few guys on this forum who hooked up their 10-12 and they seem to fit great!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

Installation was fairly simple.

Side Skirts are simple as can be, just make sure you clean them well so the adhesive sticks properly. I worked from front to rear and everything lined up perfectly with no issues. The only issue I had was with drilling the few holes in each one required for the extra clips, just be sure you get the car up high enough to get your drill in there.

For the front splitter, it was also pretty easy. I opted to remove the lower facia though, so I could flip it over and work comfortably on it on my workbench. You can install it on the car, but I thought this was way easier. I took my time, used masking tape to hold it in place once i got it lined up to drill out all the new holes, and it was simple. In my opinion, taking it off was worth the extra 20 minutes to get a flawless finished product.

You'll need to remove the fog light electrical connections, and the connection to the external temp sensor, which was in the drivers side top of the opening, and a phillips screw at each end of the bumper where it connects at the wheel well. Those screws were the hardest part for me.

I found that once removed the fascia will flop around a bit, so I put some towels around the ends of the bumper fascia as I removed and re-installed it to prevent scratching the painted part of the bumper.

I'm actually taking it back off again this week so that I can install my HID upgrade for the fog light bulbs I bought last week... so let me know if you guys have any specific questions or want pictures of any of it.
Which brand of HID did you go with for your fog lights? I'm looking at doing the same thing too
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

UPS delivered my splitters yesterday ... I'll install them this weekend if it's warm enough.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Looks great!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Looks awesome, I'm a big fan of the Boss 302's exterior styling! Love the Roush side splitters, have you considered the rear bumper side splitters? They're a continuation of the current splitters you have to the edge of the rear bumper. Roush advertises that they're only for 2013's, but there's a few guys on this forum who hooked up their 10-12 and they seem to fit great!

Shane
Shane, I agree, they do complete the look. I thought about not putting them on but now I see they are needed to complete the lines for the splitters from front to rear. I'll be purchasing those soon in my weekly order from AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
UPS delivered my splitters yesterday ... I'll install them this weekend if it's warm enough.
I broke down finally and bought a nice garage heater, first time I used it was to install those splitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf63 View Post
Which brand of HID did you go with for your fog lights? I'm looking at doing the same thing too
I searched a ton and ended up buying some from Amazon. They seem to be high quality, they're not flimsy or cheap feeling. I should know more once I get them installed. Here's a link to the ones I bought. Car HID Xenon Single Beam Conversion Kit (12V, 35W) - 2 pcs HID Ballasts and 2 pcs H8 H9 H11 Xenon HID Bulbs Lamps Lights 6000K Diamond White : Amazon.com : Automotive I searched and researched to get this specific 35 watt set in a 6000K Color, as to match what is on the car now, and give the same wattage so i'm not melting housings and things and closely match the factory HID headlight color on my car.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm glad we can help you out! haha. Thanks for supporting AM and being a loyal AM customer!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT