My baby got backed into today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
My baby got backed into today

Took my car to the car wash today for a nice, professional hand wash and as it was sitting in line a kid who worked there accidentally backed into it and hit it with his trailer hitch. It sounds a lot worse than it was but the lower front valance was wounded in the air inlet below the grill. I am just thankful because it *should* have been a lot worse. By the grace of the divine it wasn't too badly hurt. Rather than get police and insurance involved, he just paid me out of pocket and we called it a day. Now I'm looking at a new chin spoiler. I really like the CDC chin spoiler and like even more that I can add the RTR splitter at a later date through Stage 3 Motorsport. What do you guys think? I'm on a $250 budget.

Damage:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3556726762.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	86042  
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Man that sucks, I hate people that dont pay any attention. Good luck with the fix!
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Took my car to the car wash today for a nice, professional hand wash and as it was sitting in line a kid who worked there accidentally backed into it and hit it with his trailer hitch. It sounds a lot worse than it was but the lower front valance was wounded in the air inlet below the grill. I am just thankful because it *should* have been a lot worse. By the grace of the divine it wasn't too badly hurt. Rather than get police and insurance involved, he just paid me out of pocket and we called it a day. Now I'm looking at a new chin spoiler. I really like the CDC chin spoiler and like even more that I can add the RTR splitter at a later date through Stage 3 Motorsport. What do you guys think? I'm on a $250 budget.

Damage:
That sucks, lucky for u it was bad at all! I'm surprised with damage that small, they were willing to pay u up front... Most ppl who don't care much for cars wouldn't agree to that for something (in their eyes) minimal. U have a pic that's further away?? I'm guessing u have a regular GT valence??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
that really sucks. I vote the CS front valence without the fogs if your budget is 250.

I have the one with the foglights and by far is my favorite, plus you can add the boss splitter later.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:

Damage:
Kill mode engage
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I was definitely furious, but I kept my cool....barely.

GtStyles2, at first it was just an I'm sorry that eventually worked it's way up to $. And yeah, I have the GT valance.

NoSympathy, I looked at the C/S style valance. It definitely looks enticing. Would you mind posting up some pics of your car? I didn't find any albums in your profile.

MustangGT02 and SoCalKev, I was so angry that if that kid hadn't walked away (after a profuse yet futile apology), that I was probably going to lose my cool and say some really awful things. I was talking to my guy that I have a nice car cleaning arrangement with because he drives an '04 GT (that, ironically, looks almost identical to MustangGT02's 'stang). I was talking to him about window tint when he cuts me off mid-sentence, bellowing "Uuugh!" He proceeds to storm off in the direction of the hand wash area. I thought to myself that that was kind of rude but hung back until I realized that he and several others were crouching down to look at something on the front of *my* car. At that moment, my heart stopped and all the color drained from my face. I hurried over with my breath caught in my throat and I was truly prepared for the worst. I think I may have reacted a little worse than I remember but come to find out that it was really just a scratch. Plus my car wash guy took extra, Extra special care of my car and then the lady in charge comped the wash. So all in all it wasn't a bad day, really. But yeah, I had to force back the urge to engage Kill Mode lol.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Damage:
Sorry about your car.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was definitely furious, but I kept my cool....barely.

GtStyles2, at first it was just an I'm sorry that eventually worked it's way up to $. And yeah, I have the GT valance.

NoSympathy, I looked at the C/S style valance. It definitely looks enticing. Would you mind posting up some pics of your car? I didn't find any albums in your profile.

MustangGT02 and SoCalKev, I was so angry that if that kid hadn't walked away (after a profuse yet futile apology), that I was probably going to lose my cool and say some really awful things. I was talking to my guy that I have a nice car cleaning arrangement with because he drives an '04 GT (that, ironically, looks almost identical to MustangGT02's 'stang). I was talking to him about window tint when he cuts me off mid-sentence, bellowing "Uuugh!" He proceeds to storm off in the direction of the hand wash area. I thought to myself that that was kind of rude but hung back until I realized that he and several others were crouching down to look at something on the front of *my* car. At that moment, my heart stopped and all the color drained from my face. I hurried over with my breath caught in my throat and I was truly prepared for the worst. I think I may have reacted a little worse than I remember but come to find out that it was really just a scratch. Plus my car wash guy took extra, Extra special care of my car and then the lady in charge comped the wash. So all in all it wasn't a bad day, really. But yeah, I had to force back the urge to engage Kill Mode lol.
I will take you some pictures tomorrow that show it off really well. It is past midnight and dark as all get out, outside. I do also have the boss splitter, so you'll be able to see the combo together.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

NoSympathy, I really appreciate it bud. Looking forward to seeing it.

CheelyB09, thank you for the kind words.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would've gone kill mode before he opened his mouth.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev View Post

I would've gone kill mode before he opened his mouth.
Lol nah, I didn't wanna make a big ol' scene. Besides, it woulda been assault on a minor lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
CDC pre painted all the way. Sorry about your car but its never a really bad day if it didn't do that much damage and you get a new a part

Name:	image-3853574307.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	86059
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol nah, I didn't wanna make a big ol' scene. Besides, it woulda been assault on a minor lol.
Who said the police had to know about it?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Good and bad day all in one! The Stage 3 guys are great. Call them and ask them to talk to you about your options. This has nothing to do with the fact I'm wearing a Stage 3 shirt at this very moment
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Check my album , I have the CS valence as well... Best thing I did to my Stang, and also got rid of the grill fogs
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well after thinking really hard about this I have decided that I want to go with the unpainted CDC Chin Spoiler. My biggest deciding factor is that I really want some RTR components on my car, namely the front splitter. I can get just the splitter through Stage 3 Motorsport at a later date.
While the Boss front valance is breath taking, and I was very close to buying it, I've just decided that the CDC is what I want at this time. I really want to thank all of you for your input, however.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here is the CS/Boss fascia with the Boss Splitter.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_160014.png
Views:	399
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	86087

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_160037.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	86088

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_160100.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	86089
Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Here is the CS/Boss fascia with the Boss Splitter.

Attachment 86087

Attachment 86088

Attachment 86089
She looks great, bro!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

She looks great, bro!
Thank you very much! Can't wait to lower her in a few weeks.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That sucks...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #21

Region: Virginia
Wow, a close one. Glad to know no youngins were hurt in the process.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Name:	image-509698630.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	86108

Name:	image-2199501423.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	626.0 KB
ID:	86110

Name:	image-1285294355.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	459.0 KB
ID:	86111

You will love the CDC front lip I no I did... Im sorry to here about your stang dude but atleast its not to bad, and you get a new lip out of it =D
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Could have been a lot worse. Good luck on the repairs/mods now.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
That sucks...
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when it happened lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoolron View Post
Wow, a close one. Glad to know no youngins were hurt in the process.
Yeah, the only injury sustained was my poor 'stang lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Attachment 86108

Attachment 86110

Attachment 86111

You will love the CDC front lip I no I did... Im sorry to here about your stang dude but atleast its not to bad, and you get a new lip out of it =D
Dude, your ride looks so sick. You have almost the exact same set up that I do, plus the Roush Side Splitters, which I also want lol. I can't wait to get that spoiler mounted up. You got me pumped lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Could have been a lot worse. Good luck on the repairs/mods now.
Thanks for the kind words, bud. I can't wait to further the Evolution of my 5.0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT