Happy happy happy! New Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #1

Region: Ohio
Happy happy happy! New Mustang GT

This is my first muscle car. Holy cow, what a rocket ride. This car fits like a glove. I almost bought a new Challenger, but after I test drove this Pony (and the Challenger), it was all over. One was a wallowing whale, the other was like a fighter jet. Got a chance to open it up late at night on a wide deserted road...I swear I thought it was gonna pop a wheely. The poor wife had her eyes closed the whole time

Its deep impact blue. I'd post a pick but I'm a 'tard with the url thingy.

Just ordered some weather tech floor liners. Next week its off to have the windows tinted.

This is great forum, I've already learned a bunch.
RichardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Welcome to the fourm and nice color choice it's a gt right?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Nvm I see its a gt now are u planing to mod?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

Region: Ohio
I don't think so, nothing major anyway. I'm pretty happy as it is stock. Some hood to trunk stripes maybe. And I'm really considering some pipes to mean it up some. The dealer had one with some flowmaster pipes that sounded good. I'm definitely taking this to the drag strip come spring. I'll put some in car cams and post some vids if I don't kill myself.
RichardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
you can try not to mod it. soon it wont be fast enough. itll start with a intake and then exhaust then boss 302 manifold. and so on. youll be hooked. but very nice car man. you will love it. and it gets plenty of looks from people at stop lights and stuff. i drive mine through town sometimes instead of freeway just to see how many people look at it.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
This is my first muscle car. Holy cow, what a rocket ride. This car fits like a glove. I almost bought a new Challenger, but after I test drove this Pony (and the Challenger), it was all over. One was a wallowing whale, the other was like a fighter jet. Got a chance to open it up late at night on a wide deserted road...I swear I thought it was gonna pop a wheely. The poor wife had her eyes closed the whole time

Just ordered some weather tech floor liners. Next week its off to have the windows tinted.

Congrats we'll bought & well spent ! I bought the Deep Impact Blue & it's one awesome color. I put Cragars on mine people are like are those Cragar mags? I haven't updated pics lately but will soon, you'll figure out the forum here it's easy. Have some fun just be cool & try to break it in right.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Welcome and congratulations...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome and enjoy your new stang.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I don't think so, nothing major anyway. I'm pretty happy as it is stock. Some hood to trunk stripes maybe. And I'm really considering some pipes to mean it up some. The dealer had one with some flowmaster pipes that sounded good. I'm definitely taking this to the drag strip come spring. I'll put some in car cams and post some vids if I don't kill myself.
LOL, that's what I said, too. That was thousands of dollars ago, and it's been less than a year. Modding is like crack.

I may have to start selling myself on the corner.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome. Its a wonderful car. Best mustang iteration yet
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Welcome buddy. Glad to hear about your new mustang.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Congrats!
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hi and welcome
Old 01-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #13

Region: Colorado
I felt the same way about the challenger. I did my due diligence and drove that and a camaro too, but in the end the mustang is a baaad mofo!
elco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Welcome aboard!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Welcome! Happy Birthday, and good choice on the Mustang you won't regret it. If you can't read hyroglific's then the Dodge isn't for you.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats. Best color choice too.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #18

Sounds like a nice ride

Quote:

Congrats. Newbie myself to the forum. Seems like a good bunch to learn from and bounce ideas off of. Seen a few threads where members refuse to listen to any other opinions. That is the best part, reading those posts. Other than that, seems like a great board to have as a resource. Congrats again. Welcome to the GT club.
Mustang Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Lyle View Post
Congrats. Newbie myself to the forum. Seems like a good bunch to learn from and bounce ideas off of. Seen a few threads where members refuse to listen to any other opinions. That is the best part, reading those posts. Other than that, seems like a great board to have as a resource. Congrats again. Welcome to the GT club.

Dat resurrection!
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the car!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

Wow! Just about the same experience I had! Right down to the Weather-Tech floor mats. Drove the Challenger but didn't like it as much as the Mustang. Drove the Camaro too but just didn't like it at all. Anyhow enjoy your new toy!
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I also drove the challenger and hated it..felt like I was driving a school bus 😂 although I did like the holographic speedometer on the Camaro
Old 06-17-2015, 01:45 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

congrats man mustangs the way to go
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT