wrecked car - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #71

Region: Virginia
Your whole story sounds fishy bud. You know nothing about the car, even the most simplest workings. I personally work for a Ford Dealership in Virginia. Didn't you ask your salesperson about the car? Did you test drive it? Did you actually buy a 2013 GT?
D00STN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

You ask advice from people who know what they're talking about and have been down this road before. Then you don't supply any pics so they can properly assist you and relieve some of the so called stress and anxiety your feeling worrying if your car is totaled or not. Which it's not btw. Now you have the nerve to call one of the best contributing members to this forum and all around nice guy a troll for cracking a joke at your expense. Burning any bridge that you made here is about as good of a decision as letting your uncle drive your car in the rain with the advanced track off. Find help on another forum if you don't want it from here, can't take a joke, or are going to start name calling. Grow up and get your act together.

I got your back gtstyles.
Thanks for the support brother I really am wondering the point of this thread w/o pics to support it... A lot of these threads are repetitive and need a little more substance in order to get a good response... Wasn't trying to be a smartass, just wanted to help out in some way...
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post

+1 ..........
Family or not, if he didn't offer to cover the expenses after he wrecked it then I would not hesitate to bring it to court!! If your old enough to own and make payments on a 2013 Mustang GT then your old enough to face your "Uncle" and either "A" have him cover the expense, or "B" take him to court. My family wouldnt hesitate to pay for the damages if this happened to my car. The guilt would get the best of them... Think about it!!!!!
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

I think by 'Uncle' he means himself. Guessing advance trac wasn't off either. Make the fact that it wrecked easier to understand and doesn't look as bad on the part of the driver. However, that setting isn't easy to turn off... So ol Unc read the book, changed the setting and then deliberately went out in the rain?! I know we are being fed a load here... Just haven't figured out why
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
I think by 'Uncle' he means himself. Guessing advance trac wasn't off either. Make the fact that it wrecked easier to understand and doesn't look as bad on the part of the driver. However, that setting isn't easy to turn off... So ol Unc read the book, changed the setting and then deliberately went out in the rain?! I know we are being fed a load here... Just haven't figured out why
Lol
Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I won't make that judgement yet, lol. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. If that is the case then just get the damn car fixed!!! They do finance repairs nowadays if your broke!! Buying a new car or even trading this one in"good luck" will put you upside down for a long time!! Get this one fixed, while you cruise around in a rental for a couple weeks at the expense of your insurance company, or not and if it turns out the car handles like new then your saved. If not, then freaking trick it out for the track as a weekend car, and buy you a beat up daily driver. I have another car, and have thought of doing this if i did wreck mine!! Just a thought. Not worth being in debt all your teen years over.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of us wondered this too... I personally have no problem admitting I banged up my own car, actually that's the only way I would live with it... Knowing someone else wrecked my car is grounds to get rid of it after the repair... If pics were provided as many ppl asked, w/o a reply of saying pics will be taken after repair. I personally though that was a smartass reply
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

No, there's sensors at all for corners incorporated into the braking system, usually on the inside of the rotors. It senses constantly what each wheel is doing in relation to the others. Combining this info with the accelerometer data it can sense a skid, wheel spin, sliding on ice,rain,or snow, etc... Stability controls main purpose is to keep you pointed straight and prevent any situation that may lead to a rollover situation. The traction control just handles wheel spin. But when these aids are both enabled they work hand and hand to keep things in check. But like any electronically controlled system it can make the wrong decision. Some instances it can hurt you by abruptly cutting out throttle when the throttle can actually help you get out if the slide when used by experienced drivers. Either way, your not a newb, these are good questions. Good luck to you! I hope helped clear things up a little.
Don't have traction control on with snow
I started to roll backwards bc it cut off the throttle
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

I'm sure a lot of us wondered this too... I personally have no problem admitting I banged up my own car, actually that's the only way I would live with it... Knowing someone else wrecked my car is grounds to get rid of it after the repair... If pics were provided as many ppl asked, w/o a reply of saying pics will be taken after repair. I personally though that was a smartass reply
Yeah, I call bunk. It's not hard to take some pics. Plus, I'm the same way. If I wreck my car, I have no problem owning up to it. I drove my first car down a hill onto a tree. I still drove it for years after that. I'll even say I've scrapped a curb. Wasn't paying attention, it happens not the end of the world. Oops, I meant my wife scrapped the curb.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Doubt it's even close to total.....Depending on who you have for insurance,they can use parts from another salvaged car.I had a G8GT that as we know IRS and got undercarriage damage.They got one from some place.Did not like that about Geico.Otherwise went well.Alot of the companies probably have this clause but I was pissed with a new car at the time and 9000 miles. Needless to say I drove for another year and sold. Sorry for your damages and hope you get it straight or come to a peace about it.No,I am sure you do not want to hear this,but, I do not even let family drive my car.Just not good idea.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Let me add to this last post of mine.....The dealer did my repairs on the G8GT and using the salvaged Pumpkin from another wrecked G8GT was used.There is a option to refuse but it cost out of pocket difference.This was in 2009 and Geico insurance.Some kids where putting bolder size rocks in highway overpass construction zone.I had no choice but to go over it or head on collison or off a embankment.My car never even needed a body shop.No appearance/cosmetic damages.From front center hit to out the back it done $4800 in damage.Busted oil pan,crushed in tranny pan,damaged exhaust in multiple places and a gash in Pumpkin.Did not break the pumpkin but I wanted it replaced and car back to like it was when bought. Pretty much accomplished that except for that BS pumpkin. All was new.Also had to replace engine craddle.I knew the moment it happen that I would never be content with it so I just drove it and after I knew I could unload it on trade without being up-side down I did.Nothing was ever mentioned about accident or even asked.Of course they offered on first try about 3000.00 less than I wanted and I held out until the gave me actually 200.00 over payoff.
But to my man who posted this thread.I am not sure about uncle story and all the facts,nor,am I doubting you completely.I will say this....If you want opinions on your car you need pics.If you can't or don't want to post pics for various reasons then don't solicit opinions on and on or you are gonna catch some hell and rightfully so. Bottom line: Post pics or stop posting or talking about it.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Don't have traction control on with snow
I started to roll backwards bc it cut off the throttle
I learned that last year. I got stuck on a hill and the car wouldn't move because the throttle kept getting cut off. I turned the traction control off, punched the gas and got out.
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT