wrecked car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
wrecked car

something terrible happen last night, my uncle crashed my 13' stang....... he took out for a drive after a light rain had the advancetrac turned off, made a hard and fast right turn on a wet road the whole car lost control. passenger rear wheel is bent pretty bad, passenger door is dented and with the bottom plastic piece of the car fell off. this has been reported, now waiting for a car inspection on monday. anyone know if the damage is more then just a bent wheel? could the rear axle, sway bar..etc be damaged too? i hope my auto insurance declare the car totaled, i dont think repair will fully recover my car back to its original performance. im so stressed out, thinking about trading my car in. about how much will my trade in value be with depreciation and accident(repaired)?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Wow, this is a bad week for 'stangs....
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Post some pics if you can. We can't determine how bad it could be without getting a good look at it.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wow man.. Sorry to hear that. Good luck
PKSTANG15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i was making calls the whole time, didnt have time to take pictures but the wheel looks somethin like this Pre's wrecked 1973 MGB detail of damage, left front | Flickr - Photo Sharing!the whole wheel looks pushed in, top part of the wheel is bent inward and 2 bars(2-3inch thick) on the wheel broke in half.
can someone please answer my questions, i need serious help
Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Pics.. But damn been quite a few stangs messed up this week and new ones too...
Old 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
It all up to the insurance company as far as damage goes for a repair. They can only make guesses as to what's bent underneath, they mostly just look at what they can see and do their estimate. Probably have to take it to a shop to look at the suspension underneath.

I wrecked my jeep about 2 weeks ago and think something is bent under the rear but my insurance basically said they could only guess what could be bent so I need to take it to a shop and have them figure it out for them.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i spent all my savings on this gt.............im so heart broken. even with repair covered by insurance, my car will never perform the same again
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
sorry to hear about your Stang. I just wanna say to everyone BECARFUL SO MANY BEAUTIFUL STANGS BEING WRECKED. I wish the best of luck to every one that has been in a accident this week.
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
What the HELL is happening here........ Stangs are dying left and right?????
Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

So many wrecked Mustangs and I have to drive 500 miles tomorrow. Oh boy.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
What the HELL is happening here........ Stangs are dying left and right?????
+10484 I'm afraid...
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the reply everyone but does someone have the answers to my questions?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #14
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
thanks for the reply everyone but does someone have the answers to my questions?
We'd love to help, but no one's going to be able to answer your questions unless we can see the exact damage on your car. Specifically pictures of the undercarriage and rear axle. Yes, a picture of a '73 Mustang with damage to a front wheel and fender can give us a basic idea of the rear fender and wheel damage to your modern Mustang, but we'd honestly just be guessing. The best thing is to wait for the insurance company to do their inspection. We wouldn't want to get your hopes up by telling you one thing and then the outcome be completely different than what we say.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Cars probably not totaled, you need to wait for the shops assessment. I know that's a rough wait. You'll be impressed with the repair if the body shop knows what they're doing, find out what dealers they do work for in the area. That's a good indicator of their quality. Usually if its fixed right only professionals can tell.

Sorry for this stress man, but this is what insurance is for!
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

im so screwed, now i really wish its declared totaled. at least this way ill have a fresh start with my first car..........i feel so heart broken
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
So sorry to hear about your car.Hopefully, there is no unibody
damage.
sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Damn, it's just a car. You or I take it, your uncle wasn't hurt? You won't really know until the insurance company looks at it. Being a 2013, chances are they won't total it. About $5,000 on the trade in.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
For what reason was advancetrac off while it was raining?
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
it is kinda your uncle's fault, and he should take responsibility for his actions.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
it is kinda your uncle's fault, and he should take responsibility for his actions.
+1
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
unless your uncle was just a coverup that you used on here because YOU were driving in the rain with advancetrac off!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

no, he has done so much for me, im not going to hold him responsible. he has provided shelter, food and car for me in the past for several years. ill just take it up to insurance company. from what im reading if the car is a total loss while i still make payment, the car will be payed off but ill end up losing a car with nothing in return.....im in deep ****
Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry about your mustang.glad nobody got hurt.hope it gets fixed soon.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
As long as the unibody is straight any damaged part can be replaced and your car will be fine and perform as it did before as others have said we can't see the damage but it likely bent the axle it doesn't sound like something that can't be repaired and be totally fine. I at one time had to replace an engine, transmission,gas tank, brake lines on a newer honda accord had the car totally stripped from head to toe. Put it back together and has been fine. Moral here is stop stressing 1. Its just a car 2. You uncle is ok and 3. It can be fixed. Make insurance take it to a dealer imo you want techs who know the car to asses any damage. Good luck.
1990mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This is terrible! Post some pics!
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990mustang5.0 View Post
As long as the unibody is straight any damaged part can be replaced and your car will be fine and perform as it did before as others have said we can't see the damage but it likely bent the axle it doesn't sound like something that can't be repaired and be totally fine. I at one time had to replace an engine, transmission,gas tank, brake lines on a newer honda accord had the car totally stripped from head to toe. Put it back together and has been fine. Moral here is stop stressing 1. Its just a car 2. You uncle is ok and 3. It can be fixed. Make insurance take it to a dealer imo you want techs who know the car to asses any damage. Good luck.
the unibody didnt look damaged, the only damage i saw was passenger side. passenger door is dented need to slam to close the door properly, bottom piece below the door fell off. other than that just the rear passenger wheel bending inward and the bars on the wheels broken in half. i really wish i had some pictures but i was hung up on making calls and getting someone to tow my car out of the gas station. my only option is to wait for the inspection on monday. the car is dropped off at a ford dealership closest to my house, mechanic there should be familiar with mustangs
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
No offense, but that's why I never let anyone else drive my car.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Based on your description and it being a '13 it's probably not totalled. You'll have it back in 6 to 8 weeks and will lose your butt on resale or trade.
Unless you have $6-8k in cash laying around to make up the difference or are willing to go upside down on a car you're stuck with it for a long time.

Also, depending on what you put down I hope you bought gap insurance as it will be even more important now
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Based on your description and it being a '13 it's probably not totalled. You'll have it back in 6 to 8 weeks and will lose your butt on resale or trade.
Unless you have $6-8k in cash laying around to make up the difference or are willing to go upside down on a car you're stuck with it for a long time.

Also, depending on what you put down I hope you bought gap insurance as it will be even more important now
thanks for your advice, i have taken it to consideration. as a first time car buyer im not familiar with this type of stuff. it would be great if you can help me out. im planning to trade it in for a new 14' gt. this 13' gt is currently being financed, i putted down 9k, remaining amount is 23.5k not including the finance rate(around +1.7k). will the remaining amount be added to the new car total? about how much can i get trading this car in (after repaired)? if difference is only 6-8k, im willing to put that extra money tours the new car. even with it repaired its not going to be the same, not to mention if they miss any part thats not visible to the eyes. i just want a new car, the bad feeling the car has been wrecked and possible future mechanic problem.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

thanks for your advice, i have taken it to consideration. as a first time car buyer im not familiar with this type of stuff. it would be great if you can help me out. im planning to trade it in for a new 14' gt. this 13' gt is currently being financed, i putted down 9k, remaining amount is 23.5k not including the finance rate(around +1.7k). will the remaining amount be added to the new car total? about how much can i get trading this car in (after repaired)? if difference is only 6-8k, im willing to put that extra money tours the new car. even with it repaired its not going to be the same, not to mention if they miss any part thats not visible to the eyes. i just want a new car, the bad feeling the car has been wrecked and possible future mechanic problem.
First time car is a 13 ? Wow....
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
From my hw and being In the market I wouldn't touch a car involved in a accident. That being said get it fixed and just keep It for a while if ford fixes it which that's who you should have do it . Then you should be fine it sucks but at end of the day no one was hurt and it's just a car
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:

Yeah I would highly doubt it would total. The way your describing it does not make it sound like $35,000 in damage. I drive an 02 and wrecked it, all in all it came out to $8600 to fix it. I found the best shop around and had them do it... You would never even know it was in a wreck. It does not drive different, look different, or preform different. I think your worrying a bit to much I would never personally take a $8000 loss just because my car was in a wreck and I thought it would never be the same. But it's your money and your decision... And if you keep telling yourself it will never preform as good then the first time you drive it, you will look for something to be wrong that isn't. And then make yourself belive that something is wrong. I think you should calm down and stop worrying about it till its all fixed up.... Either way let us know what you decide.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I work at a body shop and I can assure you that from what you described that the cars not totaled. Good news is that a good shop can fix your car back to original or better than original condition. I know it's no fun at the moment but it'll be okay!
CowboyLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The damage has to equal 70% of the cars value inorder to total it. Your description of the damage is far from that.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT