Stripes...custom shop or kit? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #1

Region: Ohio
Stripes...custom shop or kit?

I'm looking to add Gt500 rally stripes. Should I buy a stripe kit like they have over at AmericanMuscle, or let the custom shops around my area cut their own stripes? I think they custom cut the vinyl at the shops, and the price is comparable to the pre made kits.

Either way, I'm having a shop install it, its winter here and I dont have a garage.
RichardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
I'm looking to add Gt500 rally stripes. Should I buy a stripe kit like they have over at AmericanMuscle, or let the custom shops around my area cut their own stripes? I think they custom cut the vinyl at the shops, and the price is comparable to the pre made kits.

Either way, I'm having a shop install it, its winter here and I dont have a garage.
Let them cut the stripes that wsy if they goof up they have to redo it and can't blame the kit.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Most shops are really competitive. The one in town here is 100 bux for a over the top stripe with install. The cuts are all done by computer so they always look great.
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Most shops are really competitive. The one in town here is 100 bux for a over the top stripe with install. The cuts are all done by computer so they always look great.
Wow. 300 where I live. If it had been 100 I'd have done it months ago.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I had mine done last year. They charged me 400 but I had quotes for 500 and 600 in New Jersey for the install. I bought them from a website but next time I would let them use there own material.
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had the dealer do mine when I bought the car. They used a local shop that does all of their cars. They claimed the cost was around $500-700, depending on the stripes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4186337437.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	86567   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1339486211.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	86568  

Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #7

Thats my exact car color, thanks for those pics there vik. Local guy gave me $299 estimate.

Looks good!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Thats my exact car color, thanks for those pics there vik. Local guy gave me $299 estimate.

Looks good!
Thanks!

Just make sure that its a shop you trust. I have the spoiler and the back up camera, and these guys did a great job back there. The spoiler curves a bit, and they had to cut it around the back up camera. Unfortunately I don't have any pics from the back, and I'm out of town for a couple of weeks right now.

It took the guy about 5-6 hours to do it. They wrapped it around every edge, so you never see the cut on the stripes.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

RichardG,

I think the GT500 Stripes will look great on your GT! I'm sure you'll be in great shape with our Stripes or the Local Shops. However, here's a little bit about our stripes!

AmericanMuscle Graphics uses the highest quality Premium Cast Vinyl available on the market today - designed to last at least 8 years of harsh outdoor weather. It's far more durable than our competitors' cheap, calendared vinyl film which starts to degrade in just a couple of years! ALl of our vinyl has been test fit, refined, and tested again on our very own fleet of vehicles to assure a perfect fit every time.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #10

Thanks Dan. Actually, I believe the fella I'm hiring who stripes for the local Ford dealer uses your kits. He asked me to look at his (probably yours) catalog to pick out my rocker stripes.

Now...which rocker stripes to go with?? Those plain ones on viks looks nice. The Mustang GT label looks good too. Decisions decisions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT