'13 GT Borla S-Type - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
'13 GT Borla S-Type

Hey guys.. just recently joined and thought I was contribute this sound clip of my Borla S-Type Axelback.

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Borla S-Type - YouTube

She just passed 1,000 miles this weekend and I love this car. She will only sound like this until wensday when I install the JBA Off Road H-Pipe.

Her mods so far are:
Borla S-Type Axelback
Barton 2 Post Bracket

Getting Installed Wensday:
Barton Short Shifter
JBA Off Road H-Pipe
C&L revised '13 GT CAI
Diablo Sport Trinity /w Bama 91R Tune

The 3.73s on this car are perfect so I wont be changing those, although I can already tell these tires arent the greatest. Suspension mods will be next.. then driveshaft, boss intake, and tires.
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
Hey guys.. just recently joined and thought I was contribute this sound clip of my Borla S-Type Axelback.

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Borla S-Type - YouTube

She just passed 1,000 miles this weekend and I love this car. She will only sound like this until wensday when I install the JBA Off Road H-Pipe.

Her mods so far are:
Borla S-Type Axelback
Barton 2 Post Bracket

Getting Installed Wensday:
Barton Short Shifter
JBA Off Road H-Pipe
C&L revised '13 GT CAI
Diablo Sport Trinity /w Bama 91R Tune

The 3.73s on this car are perfect so I wont be changing those, although I can already tell these tires arent the greatest. Suspension mods will be next.. then driveshaft, boss intake, and tires.
Almost matching me. O/R X instead oh H
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Almost matching me. O/R X instead oh H
Nice! Do you have any sound clips? Would love to hear it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice! Do you have any sound clips? Would love to hear it.
Yeah youtube account is isawholyfire. I have a thread on here also called welcome to the borla stingers.

Sorry on my phone or I'd direct link ya.

You are gonna love it though!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah youtube account is isawholyfire. I have a thread on here also called welcome to the borla stingers.

Sorry on my phone or I'd direct link ya.

You are gonna love it though!
OMG that sounds PERFECT! I hope my H Pipe sounds similiar.

Its alittle louder than I thought it would be.. but sounds amazing. My neighbors are gonna hate me... LOL

**do you have the S type catback or axelback?**
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

OMG that sounds PERFECT! I hope my H Pipe sounds similiar.

Its alittle louder than I thought it would be.. but sounds amazing. My neighbors are gonna hate me... LOL

**do you have the S type catback or axelback?**
Haha it is a little louder now since it broke in, but it is still far quieter than the roush I replaced. It stays reasonably quiet when idling and driving in low RPMs. I leave for work at 7 a.m. 3-4 days a week and the neighbors say the new setup is much better. The roush with the O/R X was just ridiculous at low RPMs. The Borla are just as loud full WOT.

Just the stype axle backs. JBA O/R X is the modular one so I could keep the stock OTA pipes.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha it is a little louder now since it broke in, but it is still far quieter than the roush I replaced.

Just the stype axle backs. JBA O/R X is the modular one so I could keep the stock OTA pipes.
Okay cool. Yeah I have the stock OTA pipes too. Probably keep them there too. There was a '11 GT at the track a couple months ago that had Roush Axelbacks and LT headers with an OR X pipe and it was Ear splitting loud.. and not very good sounding either.

So glad the Borlas sound NASTY with these OR mid pipes.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay cool. Yeah I have the stock OTA pipes too. Probably keep them there too. There was a '11 GT at the track a couple months ago that had Roush Axelbacks and LT headers with an OR X pipe and it was Ear splitting loud.. and not very good sounding either.

So glad the Borlas sound NASTY with these OR mid pipes.
The roush sound good for what they are. NASCAR raspy sound. I just personally am not a fan of the sound. I really liked the roush sound until I took the cats off. Then I came to hate it.

The borlas do sound nasty. People pay far more attention to my car now than they did with the roush. Probably because most people don't hear cars that get that loud while keeping a deep throaty sound. At least around here. We have to many civics and such with tin can mufflers.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The roush sound good for what they are. NASCAR raspy sound. I just personally am not a fan of the sound. I really liked the roush sound until I took the cats off. Then I came to hate it.

The borlas do sound nasty. People pay far more attention to my car now than they did with the roush. Probably because most people don't hear cars that get that loud while keeping a deep throaty sound. At least around here. We have to many civics and such with tin can mufflers.
True that. Im so excited to install the H pipe on wensday. I'll be sure to post up a video this weekend.

I want a Ghost CAM tune like you but I have a Diablo Sport Trinity and not an SCT.. and BAMA only has them for the SCT right now. I guess the programming is not similar between the 2 =(
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True that. Im so excited to install the H pipe on wensday. I'll be sure to post up a video this weekend.

I want a Ghost CAM tune like you but I have a Diablo Sport Trinity and not an SCT.. and BAMA only has them for the SCT right now. I guess the programming is not similar between the 2 =(
ehhh, the cam tune is neat for showing off, but quickly looses its fun. the car drives funny when on the cam tune. If your RPMs fall enough with the gear your in, the car tries to start the came idling and the car starts bouncing.

It is one of those things that is neat for showing off, but I don't run it elsewise. I've maybe run it a total of 3 days for the like 5 months i've had the tune.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ehhh, the cam tune is neat for showing off, but quickly looses its fun. the car drives funny when on the cam tune. If your RPMs fall enough with the gear your in, the car tries to start the came idling and the car starts bouncing.

It is one of those things that is neat for showing off, but I don't run it elsewise. I've maybe run it a total of 3 days for the like 5 months i've had the tune.
Yeah, I figured. Would be good to load when going to carshows and what not though. What tune do you run most of the time?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I figured. Would be good to load when going to carshows and what not though. What tune do you run most of the time?
yeah that is gonna be the only time I run it really. Car shows.

I currently always run the 93 Hybrid Tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT