Squeaky Shocks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #1

Region: Virginia
Squeaky Shocks

Well, my car suffered its first suspension issue today. A squeaky rear shocks at 5500+ miles. Usually a squeaky shocks is caused by worn shaft seals or shock shafts but at this early stage, it was a complete shock to me . It felt like I was driving an old pick up truck with a blown shocks that squeaks in every bump and uneven road surfaces.

My 2013 Mustang is my daily driver and I don't drag race or launch at all just an occasional spirited driving. My 2005 Jeep GC took me 15K+ miles before the rear shocks went bad and I thought that was shockingly early.

Anyways, I took it over to my dealership today and they confirmed my suspicion. So they ordered a new rear shocks for me and to be installed for free under warranty. That made me very happy because my stealership...I meant dealership is atleast owning up to their product.

I guess it's time to plan for suspension upgrade before this replacement go bad again. I'm thinking of going coilovers and be done with it. Coilovers research time.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoolron View Post
Well, my car suffered its first suspension issue today. A squeaky rear shocks at 5500+ miles. Usually a squeaky shocks is caused by worn shaft seals or shock shafts but at this early stage, it was a complete shock to me . It felt like I was driving an old pick up truck with a blown shocks that squeaks in every bump and uneven road surfaces.

My 2013 Mustang is my daily driver and I don't drag race or launch at all just an occasional spirited driving. My 2005 Jeep GC took me 15K+ miles before the rear shocks went bad and I thought that was shockingly early.

Anyways, I took it over to my dealership today and they confirmed my suspicion. So they ordered a new rear shocks for me and to be installed for free under warranty. That made me very happy because my stealership...I meant dealership is atleast owning up to their product.

I guess it's time to plan for suspension upgrade before this replacement go bad again. I'm thinking of going coilovers and be done with it. Coilovers research time.
I had noise in my front right todat 3800 miles but I'm going to blame it on it being 9 degrees for the last two days haha hopefully not having your issue
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have to take mine, its 80 degrees here, some time 90, so it aint no weather on my shocks
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #4

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I had noise in my front right todat 3800 miles but I'm going to blame it on it being 9 degrees for the last two days haha hopefully not having your issue
Yeah, at first I was thinking it was the weather too that's causing the squeaks because it has been below 20s here for a couple of days now. For front struts I could imagine it's rubber in the top hat that could be affected in a very cold weather.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
I have to take mine, its 80 degrees here, some time 90, so it aint no weather on my shocks
I miss that kind of weather but looks like it's time for your shocks to get check.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT