Tuning On New Mustang. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Tuning On New Mustang.

Hey guys, My car has less than 400 miles on it. I want to add a tune and CAI to the car, Is it too soon, Is there a certain milage you should hit before you can add a tune.

Its my first time tuning a car and my first mustang. Its an automatic, 2013 GT/CS.Looking for more punch down low, When I hit the gas. Which one do you guys recommend?

I had this in mind
Steeda CAI and SF3 Tuner - Automatic Transmission - FROM AM

Thanks
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
Hey guys, My car has less than 400 miles on it. I want to add a tune and CAI to the car, Is it too soon, Is there a certain milage you should hit before you can add a tune.

Its my first time tuning a car and my first mustang. Its an automatic, 2013 GT/CS.Looking for more punch down low, When I hit the gas. Which one do you guys recommend?

I had the is mind
Steeda CAI and SF3 Tuner - Automatic Transmission - FROM AM

Thanks
you can't tune it too early, just keep in mind your warranty will technically be void. Some dealerships don't care, others do. Most people put a few thousand miles first, usually after that if you haven't had any issues they seem to be pretty bullet proof. Some will say you haven't really hit the break in mileage, others will tell you that Ford breaks the engine in before putting it in the car. Personally I got my car with 60 miles on it and have driven her hard since day one.

The automatic transmission from ford is awesome, but their stock shift points and way the trans acts isn't as good as it can be, tuning the car will give you better shift points and a lot more power.

I highly recommend the Bama tunes, and that CAI is the best on the market IMHO.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #3

Region: Illinois
I installed the Ford Racing tune this past June in my 2012 GT. It adds up to 60 lb ft of low end torque and a peek addition of 16 hp. Not as aggressive as most other tunes that are available but, it adds that low end torque you referred to and the best part is, Ford Racing gives you a warranty for the engine. 3yrs or 36k miles. I like it a lot. Its a great street tune. I have a 6M with a 3.31 gear and burnout through 1st, 2nd and finally get traction at around 3500 -4000 RPM in 3rd. If this sounds like something your interested in, look up the web site "buyfordracing.com" . You can get the tune for well under $300.
Kona Blue 5.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Blue 5.0L View Post
I installed the Ford Racing tune this past June in my 2012 GT. It adds up to 60 lb ft of low end torque and a peek addition of 16 hp. Not as aggressive as most other tunes that are available but, it adds that low end torque you referred to and the best part is, Ford Racing gives you a warranty for the engine. 3yrs or 36k miles. I like it a lot. Its a great street tune. I have a 6M with a 3.31 gear and burnout through 1st, 2nd and finally get traction at around 3500 -4000 RPM in 3rd. If this sounds like something your interested in, look up the web site "buyfordracing.com" . You can get the tune for well under $300.
Sounds good, I wish I could try before buy.
Blairnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT