Mustang boss 302 exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Mustang boss 302 exhaust

Hey I was wondering if I could get the exhaust from the boss with the one output close to the driver side and the others in the back. Would the stock boss exhaust fit on a 2013 gt?
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Ford Racing sells the Boss exhaust as a drop-in part. Your car even already has the holes for the side-pipes to mount. It's expensive at like $700 - but I did it and with my Roush axle-backs it's a real head turner. So far I have not read of anyone who has said "I wish I hadn't installed these."
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I wanna see if u can route them to Cervini's side exit rockers.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
I wanna see if u can route them to Cervini's side exit rockers.
You'd probably need some custom piping, I'd think.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I don't want it to be to loud though I want it to sound just like the boss. I would prefer it to be loud only when I get on the gas I still like to listen to music :p
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
I don't want it to be to loud though I want it to sound just like the boss. I would prefer it to be loud only when I get on the gas I still like to listen to music :p
If you keep the stock exhaust and add the sides, then it will sound like a Boss and shouldn't be too loud. A lot of folks add GT500 axle-backs and they sound pretty good, too.

With Roush AB's it's damn loud ... and personally I love it, but it IS very loud. A cold start literally shakes my son's bedroom as he's over the garage.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Keep the restrictor plates in. Will sound exactly like the stock boss.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post

You'd probably need some custom piping, I'd think.
Yeah & maybe a bracket, just hoping thats all, s/b ok though I think b/c their exit is further back than the Boss so I dont foresee any issues. Then QTP cutouts & Emblem Pros console plate for the switch.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yea sounds like you want the GT500 mufflers with boss h-pipe

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Does anyone know how hard it would be to add the side exhaust to a set of jba LT and off road H pipe?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

If I remember correctly the JBA LT's bolt up to stock midpipe and you could just get a boss midpipe.

Or maybe it's the JPC headers, I don't remember

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so what is a H pipe and X pipe and what type of pipe is the bosses exhaust with the side output
Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Ok so what is a H pipe and X pipe and what type of pipe is the bosses exhaust with the side output
Boss has h pipe just like GT except it has the side pipes bolted on

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Boss has h pipe just like GT except it has the side pipes bolted on
How does the side pipes bolt on.. Do you need to like cut a hole in it or somthing...
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

How does the side pipes bolt on.. Do you need to like cut a hole in it or somthing...
No, there are small side outlets welded onto the h pipe about 3" in length and then the wide pipes bolt to that, it would require some fabrication. I wish I had a pic, maybe someone else can post pics

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

http://m.youtube.com/user/evenflow919?feature=guide i have 3 vids of Borla s types with side exhaust and I don't think they are very loud besides on the highway, which can be a pretty damn loud buzzing sound. When the conditions are right, it sounds perfect.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

No, there are small side outlets welded onto the h pipe about 3" in length and then the wide pipes bolt to that, it would require some fabrication. I wish I had a pic, maybe someone else can post pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3535715055.jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	502.7 KB
ID:	87413  
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Thanks joyride

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

What could i use if i want to have a polish tip come come out of the side exhaust about an inch off the car? Could there be a piece for that just to make it noticeable.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've been looking for the dimensions of the side outlets so I can fabricate them for my 05 GT. anyone have that info?
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

This is my next mod. I'm just trying to figure out if I will do headers and all with it or just go with the side pipes.

The cheapest I have found is here 2012 - 2013 BOSS 302 Side Exhaust Kit AM will price match but won't give the discount on top of that. There is another site for $20 cheaper here Ford Mustang Boss302 Side Exhaust by Ford Racing but it looks like they are charging S&H...

These are a little cheaper but just the side burners...Sideburners Modular Side Exit Exhaust 2011-2012 Mustang GT - PFYC.com

There are Kooks Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes if you do a search on these there are some videos out there that show them sticking out a little further than the stock side burners (linked above) personally I don't want to see them.

You can get the QTP Electronic cutouts so you can have the loudness of the full exhaust or not, whenever you want it. Personally why do it if you don't want the additional sound all the time. IMO

There is a thread over at TMS that has a bunch of videos, install info, drilling bigger holes in the restrictor plates to have it louder, but not to loud, lot of install tips, etc..Boss 302 Side Exhaust Install/Discussion - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

And I agree with what mmike87 said above, I have yet to hear anyone complain about them, everyone seems to love them that have done them. And there is a combination of different exhaust setups from Roush, GT500, etc. and I'm running 40 Series Flowmasters. I'll have before and after videos when I get it done.

I don't have the equipment to do it myself, so I have someone that will do it for me.

Because I have the FRSC 525HP on my Pony I need a Ford tune and that is the only thing that concerns me with getting headers. I need to talk to them so that I get the right tune. I guess I could just go with a custom tune.

I have debated the side pipes for over a year, and have finally decided to go with them. There is no HP gain from them, the only thing you gain is a louder sound and maybe some prestige. I don't think a lot of folks have done these (probably because of the cost) so you will be unique.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
This is my next mod. I'm just trying to figure out if I will do headers and all with it or just go with the side pipes.

The cheapest I have found is here 2012 - 2013 BOSS 302 Side Exhaust Kit AM will price match but won't give the discount on top of that. There is another site for $20 cheaper here Ford Mustang Boss302 Side Exhaust by Ford Racing but it looks like they are charging S&H...

These are a little cheaper but just the side burners...Sideburners Modular Side Exit Exhaust 2011-2012 Mustang GT - PFYC.com

There are Kooks Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes if you do a search on these there are some videos out there that show them sticking out a little further than the stock side burners (linked above) personally I don't want to see them.

You can get the QTP Electronic cutouts so you can have the loudness of the full exhaust or not, whenever you want it. Personally why do it if you don't want the additional sound all the time. IMO

There is a thread over at TMS that has a bunch of videos, install info, drilling bigger holes in the restrictor plates to have it louder, but not to loud, lot of install tips, etc..Boss 302 Side Exhaust Install/Discussion - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

And I agree with what mmike87 said above, I have yet to hear anyone complain about them, everyone seems to love them that have done them. And there is a combination of different exhaust setups from Roush, GT500, etc. and I'm running 40 Series Flowmasters. I'll have before and after videos when I get it done.

I don't have the equipment to do it myself, so I have someone that will do it for me.

Because I have the FRSC 525HP on my Pony I need a Ford tune and that is the only thing that concerns me with getting headers. I need to talk to them so that I get the right tune. I guess I could just go with a custom tune.

I have debated the side pipes for over a year, and have finally decided to go with them. There is no HP gain from them, the only thing you gain is a louder sound and maybe some prestige. I don't think a lot of folks have done these (probably because of the cost) so you will be unique.
I'm convinced, I think I wanna get this to pair with my Borla S type axleback... I actually wanna add the QTP cutouts so I won't get harassed by cops or my neighbors (live in a apt complex, car is under an underground garage). I guess removing restricter plates gives it the full exhaust sound??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I'm convinced, I think I wanna get this to pair with my Borla S type axleback... I actually wanna add the QTP cutouts so I won't get harassed by cops or my neighbors (live in a apt complex, car is under an underground garage). I guess removing restricter plates gives it the full exhaust sound??
I think you do, there are a lot of comparison videos and I think it sounds better without them. There are a few videos where they guys show the QTPs open and then closed makes a big difference in sound. Check out the TMS link above.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust