Carbon fiber CAI - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Man you are a straight clown! Go over to S197 and start a thread on exactly this. You come here with 30 post and some schooling and now you are a rocket scientist. Even some of the biggest mustang aftermarket performance part distributors reluctantly will admit this fact.Sure they want to sell you one but facts are facts.You are confused with other cars you have had in the past and the gains that are normally had by adding CAI and tune. These mustang aftermarket places have some of the quickest coyotes in the country.Thats all some shops do is spend day in day out on the Dyno.tweaking,writing tunes and finding every aspect of performance possibilities that are possible. You want to convince me of JLT CAI you need to be referring to a FI set-up. NA and you are wrong man. There guys running the Boss mani. with stock box. On the track that aftermarket CAI is gonna make you feel embarassed when some of these guys open there hood. The point you are missing........Yeah its fine if you wanna run one but the money will serve well on something else for what you get gain wise. You probably need to do alot of reading and less posting on some of the boards to learn about this Coyote animal.The jargon you are running on and on about with the science of how CAI give gains is already very well known be the majority of serious modders on all these boards. You must be in your 20's and think you know everything and come on board to teach class.
As for running that mouth.......You stated some **** out the side of your neck and man I dont care who your are,who you work for and what school you been to. I really don't !! You want to talk mustangs on the board you need to refrain from flapping them jaws before somebody wires them shut for ya. I am layed back but don't get all slick at the mouth with me.You don't know me.You treat people on here with respect and you will get respect.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Whoever said fan=FI?? You fabricated that out of some BS engineering crap. I can run your car on 3 different dynos same day and get different numbers.Some shops will fix you up with about whatever you want it to say.It's your money and customer is always right...LOL! Put the JLT on and major proper fanning. Close the hood and run it again and I bet it drops at least 1-2.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Maverick2004054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cooper City
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
If you want to wire my mouth shut get your *** up here, 700 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, Va. When you show up, then we will know who's talking ****. I see you're from NC so it shouldn't take you long to get here.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
That's twice in two days on two different forums I've seen fight me posts.

Is this the 1990s again? Lol...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
So, on a topic besides these two fighting...
Lol, what does the stock box look like? I know on the v6 the opening looks like it should go on my front door to slide mail through. How big is the v8 opening on the air box?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
If you want to wire my mouth shut get your *** up here, 700 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, Va. When you show up, then we will know who's talking ****. I see you're from NC so it shouldn't take you long to get here.
Man...... you just don't get it.You started it with all that slick mouth talk. You will be doing good to stay active on any board for long. I personally could care.People are just trying to tell you some facts about these coyotes and the things that have been learned.It's about being helpful and cool with each other. I just don't understand a guy like yourself who has it all figured out.There are members who have had these coyotes for a few years. If you want to learn then read and listen and take in what seems like good info and disregard what you feel is not. Bringing the name calling to the table is not resourceful.
As for my man who started this thread......Sorry brother for the thread jacking.I am done on this thread!
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Man...... you just don't get it.You started it with all that slick mouth talk. You will be doing good to stay active on any board for long. I personally could care.People are just trying to tell you some facts about these coyotes and the things that have been learned.It's about being helpful and cool with each other. I just don't understand a guy like yourself who has it all figured out.There are members who have had these coyotes for a few years. If you want to learn then read and listen and take in what seems like good info and disregard what you feel is not. Bringing the name calling to the table is not resourceful.
As for my man who started this thread......Sorry brother for the thread jacking.I am done on this thread!
+1
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #43
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
All the smack talk is stopping now. Civil debate is allowed and encouraged, verbal berating is not. This is the only warning
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
I don't know why this guy is argueing his logic on cai's he already made an example which proved himself wrong with the McDonald's straw or a snorkel. The snorkel has more room for air as it is thicker in diameter but your mouth also is opened more to adjust to that. Putting a snorkel on your mouth when it's adjusted to straws diameter isn't going to work at all. You will still get the same amount of air inside of you. You won't see good gains without a throttle body and a bigger intake plain and simple.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Maverick2004054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cooper City
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I don't know why this guy is argueing his logic on cai's he already made an example which proved himself wrong with the McDonald's straw or a snorkel. The snorkel has more room for air as it is thicker in diameter but your mouth also is opened more to adjust to that. Putting a snorkel on your mouth when it's adjusted to straws diameter isn't going to work at all. You will still get the same amount of air inside of you. You won't see good gains without a throttle body and a bigger intake plain and simple.
You are right, but your throat doesn't expand, this acting as the throttle body.... Hence the analogy still applies and works.... Therefore, your logic is only partially right.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

You are right, but your throat doesn't expand, this acting as the throttle body.... Hence the analogy still applies and works.... Therefore, your logic is only partially right.
Your mouth is the throttle Body. Your intake manifold would be your throat. Can't modify your throat obviously but same analogy
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Maverick2004054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cooper City
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Think of it as you wish, it's the same thing, you are obviously trying to keep this going and it's going nowhere, to the OP do what you wish, but listening to people based off of their "opinions" is not how you should make your decision, I have a JLT and I love it, I have proven gains when properly combined with a tune and have no intentions of going back to the stock air box. To the rest of you, who like to bash them, sorry you feel the way you do, but any gains are good gains. Therefore all the money I spend on my car is to be for gains, whether you "think" they are marginal or not.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
Think of it as you wish, it's the same thing, you are obviously trying to keep this going and it's going nowhere, to the OP do what you wish, but listening to people based off of their "opinions" is not how you should make your decision, I have a JLT and I love it, I have proven gains when properly combined with a tune and have no intentions of going back to the stock air box. To the rest of you, who like to bash them, sorry you feel the way you do, but any gains are good gains. Therefore all the money I spend on my car is to be for gains, whether you "think" they are marginal or not.
I have had it....Look in pics. I don't just listen to "anybody". I do listen to ones who know facts and are pretty much known throughout the USA.Yet, I still put on the JLT CF CAI and yes I thought it looked decent but was not helping me with times or noticable gains.I have a slew of tunes. The best tune hands down I ever had was done at a shop here in NC that is a major mustang shop known all over.Out of all the pulls,tweaks and even other guys tunes none are what this one is with stock air box.It's a true CAI that just so happens to be FORDs stock. I sold it and put it into suspension. If you feel you are picki9ng up a money worthy advantage then,hey,thats all that matters is that you are happy with it for the money.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Op, not worth the money unless you're buying it for looks, period.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Op 1-3 hp won't help you win a race or give you any real excitement for gains wise. If your going for a show car then that's a neat part to have as everyone is fascinated with them. One thing I have to ask what weighs more a cai or stock box? If a cai weighs more then that extra hp is really useless.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
Op, not worth the money unless you're buying it for looks, period.
Or for sound!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
Op 1-3 hp won't help you win a race or give you any real excitement for gains wise. If your going for a show car then that's a neat part to have as everyone is fascinated with them. One thing I have to ask what weighs more a cai or stock box? If a cai weighs more then that extra hp is really useless.
Can't speak for any others but my roush cai weighs as much as stock. I doubt there is more than a few Oz difference.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
WadeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
The great debate! Even if an aftermarket cai only adds 2 to 5 hp dont most of them come with a lifetime warranty? You will never have to buy another filter again plus it looks good right?
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
The great debate! Even if an aftermarket cai only adds 2 to 5 hp dont most of them come with a lifetime warranty? You will never have to buy another filter again plus it looks good right?
The only cai I would get is the weapon r ones on carid. If I was going for looks.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #54
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I have the Steeda CAI and I love it. I realize it does little for performance but it looks and sounds great and Steeda has top quality gear
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
BUSHGUTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 280
I have thought about the intakes available for this coyote and based on my research their gains arent worth the money. Also i come from an import background and us ricers would call the aftermarket intakes for the coyote a short ram intake (hot air intake) because it sits in a hot engine bay sucking in hot air. All thats gonna do is cause the ecu to pull timing resulting in losing some ponies. especially on boosted applications. To me a true CAI is routed down behind the bumper where it only sees cool air. Unfortunatley i havent found that type of intake on the market for the coyote motor yet.

An intake is only as good as the throttle body as is good as the manifold as is good the headers as is good the exhaust. Bottom line. And all those are only as good as the tune which is only as good as the tuner.

Now in the import scene you can see decent gains from just an intake and intake only. I know because i have tried a lot of experiments on my old import car in the past. But on the coyote, i think sticking with the stock box and spending the bread on other power adders is the wiser choice for now, atleast until a true CAI is on the market.
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bloomfield
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
I have thought about the intakes available for this coyote and based on my research their gains arent worth the money. Also i come from an import background and us ricers would call the aftermarket intakes for the coyote a short ram intake (hot air intake) because it sits in a hot engine bay sucking in hot air. All thats gonna do is cause the ecu to pull timing resulting in losing some ponies. especially on boosted applications. To me a true CAI is routed down behind the bumper where it only sees cool air. Unfortunatley i havent found that type of intake on the market for the coyote motor yet.

An intake is only as good as the throttle body as is good as the manifold as is good the headers as is good the exhaust. Bottom line. And all those are only as good as the tune which is only as good as the tuner.

Now in the import scene you can see decent gains from just an intake and intake only. I know because i have tried a lot of experiments on my old import car in the past. But on the coyote, i think sticking with the stock box and spending the bread on other power adders is the wiser choice for now, atleast until a true CAI is on the market.
I have the CDC grill on my car, and the stock CAI, is located just to the left of the headlight, when looking at the headlight from the front of the car. It has a a decently sized opening, matter of fact im trying to see how to bring the opening closer to the frill, so in fact I can have a ram air behind the grill. I wondered why the CDC grill had a full mesh on one corner and only a half mesh on the driver side, now I see why, they allow for more air to get into the intake.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
At this point, just have the cai for looks.
Attached Images
 
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
I have a bbk CAI for the simple reason I prefer the looks of it the best. Does nothing for performance but it was a gift I didn't have to pay for and at the time I could tell my parents that it didn't void my warranty plus it adds a cool hissing noise I like. For anybody who thinks they add any kind of noticeable perfoance gain they don't buy it looks & sounds good plus it was free to me so I think it was worth it.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
BUSHGUTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
I have the CDC grill on my car, and the stock CAI, is located just to the left of the headlight, when looking at the headlight from the front of the car. It has a a decently sized opening, matter of fact im trying to see how to bring the opening closer to the frill, so in fact I can have a ram air behind the grill. I wondered why the CDC grill had a full mesh on one corner and only a half mesh on the driver side, now I see why, they allow for more air to get into the intake.
ya that may work. i looked on the kenne bell website and their blower comes with a true CAI. i wonder if they sell the CAI kit itself. i may have to call them.
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
doug5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 227
The horse is dead, close the thread.
__________________

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
This is what i personally run for more power, it is exclusive and not out for sale yet. Pm me for a pre order!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-950950249.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	89393  
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3497117314.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	89396  
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
LOL
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Ahahahaha
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
This is what i personally run for more power, it is exclusive and not out for sale yet. Pm me for a pre order!!
Lol, PM sent
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
.
For intake erections lasting more than four hours, consult your doctor immediately as this could result in permanent damage....
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.