superchargers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
superchargers

I have a 2011 mustang gt and I was wondering what's the best Ford Racing supercharger that I should get, but not overly expensive?
Mustang Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Just out of curiosity if that's they style of supercharger you are wanting why not get the roush?
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Just out of curiosity if that's they style of supercharger you are wanting why not get the roush?
I have a 15% coupon on anything ford racing so ill get basically $1,000 off so it should be a good deal! But If I didn't have that I would go with the Roush...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I thought ford racing went with the tvs blower now? Isn't the the same as the roush?
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I thought ford racing went with the tvs blower now? Isn't the the same as the roush?
I'm not sure, I was thinking of getting the 2.9 whipple
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm almost positive Roush and FRPP use the same blower, I'd say get the Mammoth, but that 4.0 liter blower is a huge heat sink, look into Hellions turbo set up or even the Vortech blowers, they seem to be good.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
FRPP is whipple and roush is eaton

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Boi View Post

I'm not sure, I was thinking of getting the 2.9 whipple
In my research i found that the 2.3 is wayyy more efficient than a bigger blower unless you built an engine and go BIG. Vmp tuning is getting 800whp+ from the roush 2.3. If your concern is that you want to go big in the future with building an engine and the blower will hold u back then get a centri SC and you will run out of engine before you run out of SC as they can support 1000whp+
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Boi View Post
I have a 2011 mustang gt and I was wondering what's the best Ford Racing supercharger that I should get, but not overly expensive?
Roush make a supercharger that doesn't void the warranty now I heard. Either do that or go with a Kenny bell
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

In my research i found that the 2.3 is wayyy more efficient than a bigger blower unless you built an engine and go BIG. Vmp tuning is getting 800whp+ from the roush 2.3. If your concern is that you want to go big in the future with building an engine and the blower will hold u back then get a centri SC and you will run out of engine before you run out of SC as they can support 1000whp+
Yea there is a range of efficiency depending on the blower you're using.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
KB or go home. :p
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
KB or go home. :p
Haha when i first got my 5.0 i thought the same way and after some research and talking with shops i found out i was soooooo wrong.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Haha when i first got my 5.0 i thought the same way and after some research and talking with shops i found out i was soooooo wrong.
Agreed, when I do finally supercharge I'm going with a jpc Paxton kit
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

Roush make a supercharger that doesn't void the warranty now I heard. Either do that or go with a Kenny bell
Roushes have always had warranty as far as I know. Every sc has warranty but roushes covers drivetrain to. Just spoke to my service advisor about it cause I was concerned about my extended warranty being voided and he said no it won't void that and it will go along with it as long as a ford tech installs it
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Roushes have always had warranty as far as I know. Every sc has warranty but roushes covers drivetrain to. Just spoke to my service advisor about it cause I was concerned about my extended warranty being voided and he said no it won't void that and it will go along with it as long as a ford tech installs it
Get that in writing...

The way it works is you have to purchase the setup and have it installed by an authorized dealership. You run their tune and must purchase a seperate warranty. It covers your drivetrain for the remainder of the initial 3/36 factory warranty.

The warranty is not through ford, it is through ford racing, an entirely different entity. You must deal with ford racing service advisors in the event of any problems
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Get that in writing...

The way it works is you have to purchase the setup and have it installed by an authorized dealership. You run their tune and must purchase a seperate warranty. It covers your drivetrain for the remainder of the initial 3/36 factory warranty.

The warranty is not through ford, it is through ford racing, an entirely different entity. You must deal with ford racing service advisors in the event of any problems
I'm thinking of getting the procal from FRPP until i buy a roush. So since I would go from factory warranty to FRPP, would i be eligible for the roush drivetrain warranty?
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride

I'm thinking of getting the procal from FRPP until i buy a roush. So since I would go from factory warranty to FRPP, would i be eligible for the roush drivetrain warranty?
I would highly suggest calling and speaking with a representative from Roush. I will assume they do not have a greater warranty than ford racing.

Do not believe anything a service advisor at your local dealership may tell you. Anything other than a minor repair is not decided in house. They have to wait for a rep from ford/frpp/roush to make the decision for them.
Our's:
Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Check out the Procharger I-1,, Sounds like a bad as charger, when they come out with it in early 2013.. Auto ratio!! You can change the settings from inside the car... 3 different settings... nd no lag at low RPM'S!! Check it out!! I'm getting it!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
Check out the Procharger I-1,, Sounds like a bad as charger, when they come out with it in early 2013.. Auto ratio!! You can change the settings from inside the car... 3 different settings... nd no lag at low RPM'S!! Check it out!! I'm getting it!!
Do you have a link, or know a site.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Did they ever name a price for it? I think people were guessing 10-12.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you got with the FR S/C the 525HP you get a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty with it. The 624 HP comes with nothing. But that said, I believe you can buy a warranty from Whipple to go along with it. You would have to check out their website. Of course to get the warranty you have to have a Ford Dealer install it. The tune is canned and comes from Ford Racing. It is very conservative in that you are only getting 7 PSI out of it. Not sure what the 624 HP gets (I think 9 PSI). Of course you can go your own route later with a custom tune and get more out of the S/C in addition replace the pulley and get an additional 99 HP bringing you to the 624 HP. My dealer told me if I do that that it is much less than what Ford Racing is charging because I already have the ProCal tuner.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Get that in writing...

I don't need it in writing I don't need a separate warranty when I've bought the extended. The extended is the factory to 5 years and since I'm in my 2nd year of it it would go to the 5th year. I can't see it going to a ford racing advisor when the dealer doesn't have one so that would mean f a problem would to occur they would have to fly one down to the dealer which im sure they are not willing to because its alot of hassle so they would rather leave that simple task to a normal advisor. I've spoken to the Service manager himself and he's had a few mustangs with the same situation and still retain warranty.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

I don't need it in writing I don't need a separate warranty when I've bought the extended. The extended is the factory to 5 years and since I'm in my 2nd year of it it would go to the 5th year. I can't see it going to a ford racing advisor when the dealer doesn't have one so that would mean f a problem would to occur they would have to fly one down to the dealer which im sure they are not willing to because its alot of hassle so they would rather leave that simple task to a normal advisor. I've spoken to the Service manager himself and he's had a few mustangs with the same situation and still retain warranty.
Lol ok, gl with that.

To anyone else that is curious please call ford racing or roush. I have. If I could get a full warranty on a sc gt there would be one in my driveway.
Our's:
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Lol ok, gl with that.

To anyone else that is curious please call ford racing or roush. I have. If I could get a full warranty on a sc gt there would be one in my driveway.
There are parts of the warranty that have to be approved by ford themselves and they are not going to approve it on an SC GT correct ?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

It may just be me but why be concerned with a warranty if your willing to supercharge? If you mod accept that there is no warranty, if your break something just build it better IMHO
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You have to purchase the warranty. If u don't buy the warranty and a authorized mechanic installs it you have zero warranty. Call roush and talk to then as I did when I was wondering. CALL ROUSH!!!
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Do you have a link, or know a site.
Just go to: Procharger I-1 supercharger, it will bring it up!! With a vidio about it!!!
Procharger i-1

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Did they ever name a price for it? I think people were guessing 10-12.
No price yet,, but yea,,, guessing about $8000- $10,000
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
You have to purchase the warranty. If u don't buy the warranty and a authorized mechanic installs it you have zero warranty. Call roush and talk to then as I did when I was wondering. CALL ROUSH!!!
There's a parts warranty which is covered. I'm not sure if there is a difference between Canada or u.s but any supercharger pack states what the warranty is can even go on their site and look. Since roush and ford are together they go hand in hand. I spent 4 grand for extended warranty and I doubt ford would lie to their customer about it being voided by adding a supercharger that's being installed by their technicians from a brand they honour. That's like buying a new roush with their sc and getting extended warranty and them being like no sorry it's only
Covered under 3 year main factory instead of the 5 grand you spent to extend it. If it was a different product that ford wasn't associated with it would be a totally different scenario. If ford was telling people the warranty is still in tact when really it's not they would be getting some pretty big lawsuits.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
No, it's different. That sc roush car you used as example comes with sc on it, therefore they obviously honor the warranty. You bought the extended warranty for your car as is, with no sc. Once you add that and modify your car it's a hole new set of rules. You're free to do as you choose but if you decline to follow everyone else's advice in this post and your engines happens to let go I wouldn't expect it to be replaced if I were you. Your service manager can tell you whatever he wants but once ford denies a claim I wouldn't expect any dealer to replace an engine out of their own pocket just because you have his "word".
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
No, it's different. That sc roush car you used as example comes with sc on it, therefore they obviously honor the warranty. You bought the extended warranty for your car as is, with no sc. Once you add that and modify your car it's a hole new set of rules. You're free to do as you choose but if you decline to follow everyone else's advice in this post and your engines happens to let go I wouldn't expect it to be replaced if I were you. Your service manager can tell you whatever he wants but once ford denies a claim I wouldn't expect any dealer to replace an engine out of their own pocket just because you have his "word".
The dealer I deal with paid for a new tranny after doing warranty on it for 2nd and 3rd gear. They messed up reverse and I told them I'm not taking my car back til they put a new tranny in. Total repair was around a grand and the new tranny was 5 grand with install. Needless to say they did as I told them and bit the bullet. Like i said if dealers were saying one thing then doing the other I'm sure lawsuits would be happening all over the place as they cannot do that.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

The sc itself would be covered under roush. Everything else is cover under the ford warranty. Regardless if my engine or tranny goes while
Under the sc the extended power train warranty is not voided as its being installed by a ford technician. If it was installed by anyone else then yeah warranty would be voided.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT