New Mustang - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
what is wrong with most of you seriously ? let the kid be for Jesus sake. who are any of you to judge this kid because he's fortunate enough to have parents that will buy him nice things. tisk tisk aren't we supposed to be a mustang family ? or another form of high school......
+100000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
what is wrong with most of you seriously ? let the kid be for Jesus sake. who are any of you to judge this kid because he's fortunate enough to have parents that will buy him nice things. tisk tisk aren't we supposed to be a mustang family ? or another form of high school......
Yea seriously, I'm happy for him... Like these guys wouldn't take a brand new car if it was given to them, this kids parents must've thought very highly of him to give him a nice gift like that and I'm sure he deserved it... Jealousy is an ugly thing, I was brought up in a middle/poor class situation, and I've DOZENS of beaters that constantly broke down on me, but I appreciated what I had. I got to a better point in my life where I was working my *** off!! Now my so called "close friends" are hating on me cuz I have my own apt and 2 cars while they have no car and live with mom, I've matured and don't need ppl like that in my life anymore. Life is to short to hate on others, just work hard and worry about yourself.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Man, to the people who are going ape**** over a teen receiving a new 5.0, I cannot imagine what butthurt would result from a quick stroll through my school's parking lot. This is why I didn't say I was a teenage owner, too many people putting you down. Sure there are many teens out there that drive like reckless ******bags and I see it on the way to school everyday but unless you know him, you shouldn't judge him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride
Man, to the people who are going ape**** over a teen receiving a new 5.0, I cannot imagine what butthurt would result from a quick stroll through my school's parking lot. This is why I didn't say I was a teenage owner, too many people putting you down. Sure there are many teens out there that drive like reckless ******bags and I see it on the way to school everyday but unless you know him, you shouldn't judge him.
So your school is full of spoiled kids who don't know how to work for things?

To the op welcome to the site. Spend time at sanctioned events to learn your limits and the car's limits. Also remember you don't drive the fastest thing on the road, there is always someone faster.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

To the op welcome to the site. Spend time at sanctioned events to learn your limits and the car's limits. Also remember you don't drive the fastest thing on the road, there is always someone faster.
Most schools are now a days..all these kids are gonna grow up one day and have a rude awakening when they realize everything isn't handed to you and you gotta work your a$$ off for things...many parents don't know how to teach there children the value of a dollar...
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #76
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger

Most schools are now a days..all these kids are gonna grow up one day and have a rude awakening when they realize everything isn't handed to you and you gotta work your a$$ off for things...many parents don't know how to teach there children the value of a dollar...
I know my hs was that way...parking lot full of z3's and z71's. I drove my 93 grand prix with pride lol
Our's:
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

+1

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

When I was a kid I busted my *** for my first vehicle, it was a 79' Checy C-10 that got 8 miles to the gallon. What I loved about it most ? I paid for it and it was mine. I really do believe that if you work for what you have, you'll respect it 100x more then if it was given to you.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you get an automatic for drifting, you're gonna have a bad time
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
My parents bought me my mustang at 16, but I graduated High School 2 years early through being homeschooled. I worked my butt off to do it too. How do we know OP doesn't deserve it? Who are we to say that when we don't even know him? Anyways, congrats on the car! It looks awesome, I love the color choice. Throw some black accents on it and it will looking amazing.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I let my daughter drive mine all the time - its not her car but she's responsible, has excellent grades in school and has a focused plan in life. She's also not a leadfoot like me.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Congrats to everyone.

Hate hate hate hate...
CAN WE PLEASE SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc_smozilla
congrats to everyone.

Hate hate hate hate...
Can we please shut this thread down!
+100009949392911673939272929
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
You guys scared the kid off, hasn't replied since his second post...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yeah hes probably trading in the mustang for a camaro now because the forum scared him off, good job guys haha
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #85
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by svilla00
You guys scared the kid off, hasn't replied since his second post...
He is probably in class...he is in high school remember
Our's:
Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

jealousy is a females trait. why are all the guys acting like a bunch of women on here. grow up and get over the fact this 17 yearold kid has a brand new GT and you don't. haha seriously what is wrong with you guys!!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

He is probably in class...he is in high school remember
They got iPods in school these days. No more tamagotchi ****.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote:
jealousy is a females trait. why are all the guys acting like a bunch of women on here. grow up and get over the fact this 17 yearold kid has a brand new GT and you don't. haha seriously what is wrong with you guys!!!!!
+1
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I would think kids at my school have a sense of what money is worth. I was offered a job working at the SeaHunter boat factory And made minimum wage learning how to sand, install electronics, apply resin to fiberglass sheets, etc. I don't think being spoiled has much to do with knowing what money is worth.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I am not jealous. I had a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 that could take his new mustang any day and that was 8 years ago!

The reason for the hate, is that some of us, including me, had real pride in our cars because we worked hard for them and I mean hard for them as in I paid for the car. I didn't just do well in school or anything like that. I had a job and I saved my money and I got myself what I wanted. I really doubt a highschool kid has just 30K+ laying around to buy a car like this.

Also where I live, seems like most of the accidents are caused by young kids in fast cars. I was a young kid with a fast car and got profiled the same way. I never blamed anyone for acting the way they did towards me. I just know how I actually am and would point that out. Only had 1 ticket in my life, only been in 1 accident I didn't cause and I am now 24.

At the same time, I watched a 4 car really bad accident happen the other night on a very bad hill I drive to and from work on, where 4 kids where racing cars. None of them were even fast cars, but they were weaving in and out of traffic left and right. Thankfully they only destroyed their own cars, but I can only imagine what someone with a far faster more powerful car would have done. Had they hit me I don't know what I would have done.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
:::SHUT IT DOWN:::
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
haha I agree with this. Regardless of what side you stand on, this is just a giant fight.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
The body has ways to shut this whole thing down!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I am not jealous. I had a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 that could take his new mustang any day and that was 8 years ago!

The reason for the hate, is that some of us, including me, had real pride in our cars because we worked hard for them and I mean hard for them as in I paid for the car. I didn't just do well in school or anything like that. I had a job and I saved my money and I got myself what I wanted. I really doubt a highschool kid has just 30K+ laying around to buy a car like this.

Also where I live, seems like most of the accidents are caused by young kids in fast cars. I was a young kid with a fast car and got profiled the same way. I never blamed anyone for acting the way they did towards me. I just know how I actually am and would point that out. Only had 1 ticket in my life, only been in 1 accident I didn't cause and I am now 24.

At the same time, I watched a 4 car really bad accident happen the other night on a very bad hill I drive to and from work on, where 4 kids where racing cars. None of them were even fast cars, but they were weaving in and out of traffic left and right. Thankfully they only destroyed their own cars, but I can only imagine what someone with a far faster more powerful car would have done. Had they hit me I don't know what I would have done.
why are you going to let this kid who's parents gave him a mustang ruin the pride it took to get your car ? and people are losing hope in humanity because this kids parents gave him a car ......

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:

why are you going to let this kid who's parents gave him a mustang ruin the pride it took to get your car ? and people are losing hope in humanity because this kids parents gave him a car ......
an I would probably stop replying to a forum full of haters too.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I just want to say he will most likely wreck his car. I have a friend that got a Corvette years ago when he was 17, three months later he tried turning on a road too quickly and ran into a tree. He and his girlfriend were okay, but the car was toast. This guy wants to be a professional drifter. Are you guys reading that or what? I hope he's smart but that's a lot of power. Good luck and be careful.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2theJ2theC View Post
I just want to say he will most likely wreck his car. I have a friend that got a Corvette years ago when he was 17, three months later he tried turning on a road too quickly and ran into a tree. He and his girlfriend were okay, but the car was toast. This guy wants to be a professional drifter. Are you guys reading that or what? I hope he's smart but that's a lot of power. Good luck and be careful.
what a nice thing to say!! such nice people us mustang owners are huh...... think before you blab please. regardless of what he wants to be who are you to say he will most likely wreck his car ?!?! the ****?!?!!!'bbankaka
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

an I would probably stop replying to a forum full of haters too.
it doesn't ruin my pride in my car, it makes me all the more scared to take my car out on the road. When a young kid doesn't have to work for his car, his chances of street racing and speeding way to fast, etc. are far higher.

then he starts street racing and or drifitng and I am driving by and the next thing I know my car is now totaled because he didn't appreciate his car and lost complete control over it or worse someone dies. Spend 5 mins on youtube and watch street racing videos. They are mostly all young kids 21 and under. Statistics are against him. He has to prove us wrong. Haven't seen him come back on here and do so.

just saying.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_96
Today my parents bought me a New 2013 Mustang 5.0 and I LOVE it dde0ddde0d
Congratulations beautiful car be safe and smart save the speeding for the track it can get away from you fast. But welcome to the club
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Listen,

We all need to understand that he is now a mustang owner and should welcome him. We don't know whether this kid worked for it or not. He might understand the meaning of taking care of her cause u worked hard for or not. Sure he will understand that one day if he hasn't. Regardless he is now a mustang owner and should be welcoming him instead of being jealous. And just because u have a powerful car doesn't mean u know how to drive it. So welcome and I hope ur responsible and take care of her as others have mentioned here. Have fun with it and don't do anything stupid!!!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT