Exhaust Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SlowPokeGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Aurora
Region: Colorado
Posts: 29
Exhaust Question

Greetings!

I've recently been learning as much as I can about the Coyote powered Mustangs. Tonight I decided to pull the trigger and brought home a 13 GT Premium.

With that said I have a few mods on my list but I'm really reconsidering my exhaust choice after a lot of the reviews I'm hearing about Pypes products. The price is right but the quality appears to represent "you get what you pay for."

I was originally planning to do a Pypes full catback and a pypes offroad x pype. After the horror stories I've read and the customer service someone received after purchasing a pair of their long tubes they can give their stuff away for free and I won't put it on my car.

I am now leaning towards the JBA off road X pipe and a Borla S type exhaust. Is there going to be any significant difference in power gains from a complete cat back vs the Borla axle backs? My guess is that the significant power gains are going to come from removing the cats and the cat back exhaust isn't going to make any difference. Am I wrong here? I'd hate to shell out the difference for the complete cat back if it won't make any difference.


My current mod plans are going to be a SCT tuner w/ Bama tune, 3:73 gears, Ford Racing LOK LSD, JBA Off Road X pipe and either a Borla cat back or Borla axle back. Is the K&N drop in filter any good? I've heard mixed results on K&N's drop ins and what I've read here has lead me to believe the factory CAI on the car is as good if not better than any of the aftermarket CAI's available, plus I'm concerned about an open element filter with the open hood vents. If I can get away with the Borla axle backs I'll also pickup UCA's, LCA's and a panhard bar.

Also, I went with the 19" x 8.5" wheel upgrade thinking the wider wheel would prevent me from having to upgrade the rims early on to keep the power on the ground. Is an 8.5" wide tire going to be enough for a 460ish hp car?

Thanks in advance!
SlowPokeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokeGT View Post
Greetings!

I've recently been learning as much as I can about the Coyote powered Mustangs. Tonight I decided to pull the trigger and brought home a 13 GT Premium.

With that said I have a few mods on my list but I'm really reconsidering my exhaust choice after a lot of the reviews I'm hearing about Pypes products. The price is right but the quality appears to represent "you get what you pay for."

I was originally planning to do a Pypes full catback and a pypes offroad x pype. After the horror stories I've read and the customer service someone received after purchasing a pair of their long tubes they can give their stuff away for free and I won't put it on my car.

I am now leaning towards the JBA off road X pipe and a Borla S type exhaust. Is there going to be any significant difference in power gains from a complete cat back vs the Borla axle backs? My guess is that the significant power gains are going to come from removing the cats and the cat back exhaust isn't going to make any difference. Am I wrong here? I'd hate to shell out the difference for the complete cat back if it won't make any difference.

My current mod plans are going to be a SCT tuner w/ Bama tune, 3:73 gears, Ford Racing LOK LSD, JBA Off Road X pipe and either a Borla cat back or Borla axle back. Is the K&N drop in filter any good? I've heard mixed results on K&N's drop ins and what I've read here has lead me to believe the factory CAI on the car is as good if not better than any of the aftermarket CAI's available, plus I'm concerned about an open element filter with the open hood vents. If I can get away with the Borla axle backs I'll also pickup UCA's, LCA's and a panhard bar.

Also, I went with the 19" x 8.5" wheel upgrade thinking the wider wheel would prevent me from having to upgrade the rims early on to keep the power on the ground. Is an 8.5" wide tire going to be enough for a 460ish hp car?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats on your purchase!! Your off to a good start as far as research, it looks like u learned a good deal so far. As far as exhaust, my very first mod was Borla S type axleback and it's plenty loud and deep with just that alone... And from what I heard paired with OR/X it sounds it sounds amazing, I still have axleback setup for now. As far as your 19x8.5 wheel setup, I'm sorry to say that they are not going to be wide enough especially in the rear after you lower, on factory height it my be ok, I had the same setup and was dissapointed after lowering and was forced to get the proper wheels to go with lower rate, I just didn't like how the wheels looked tucked in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-585192709.png
Views:	185
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	88597  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokeGT View Post
Greetings!

I've recently been learning as much as I can about the Coyote powered Mustangs. Tonight I decided to pull the trigger and brought home a 13 GT Premium.

With that said I have a few mods on my list but I'm really reconsidering my exhaust choice after a lot of the reviews I'm hearing about Pypes products. The price is right but the quality appears to represent "you get what you pay for."

I was originally planning to do a Pypes full catback and a pypes offroad x pype. After the horror stories I've read and the customer service someone received after purchasing a pair of their long tubes they can give their stuff away for free and I won't put it on my car.

I am now leaning towards the JBA off road X pipe and a Borla S type exhaust. Is there going to be any significant difference in power gains from a complete cat back vs the Borla axle backs? My guess is that the significant power gains are going to come from removing the cats and the cat back exhaust isn't going to make any difference. Am I wrong here? I'd hate to shell out the difference for the complete cat back if it won't make any difference.


My current mod plans are going to be a SCT tuner w/ Bama tune, 3:73 gears, Ford Racing LOK LSD, JBA Off Road X pipe and either a Borla cat back or Borla axle back. Is the K&N drop in filter any good? I've heard mixed results on K&N's drop ins and what I've read here has lead me to believe the factory CAI on the car is as good if not better than any of the aftermarket CAI's available, plus I'm concerned about an open element filter with the open hood vents. If I can get away with the Borla axle backs I'll also pickup UCA's, LCA's and a panhard bar.

Also, I went with the 19" x 8.5" wheel upgrade thinking the wider wheel would prevent me from having to upgrade the rims early on to keep the power on the ground. Is an 8.5" wide tire going to be enough for a 460ish hp car?

Thanks in advance!
OP,

Looks like you're definitely off to a good start!

You can go a few different ways on the exhaust. Both of the options you mentioned will work fine though. Especially the Borla S-type axle back (they sound great). A full cat-back system is not really necessary until you're making more power via supercharger, turbo, or nitrous.

The UCA's, LCA's and adj Panhard bar are a wise decision, too. They'll really help you put all of that power to the ground properly. However, an 8.5" rim in the rear is pretty skinny. Since you already bought these wheels, I highly suggest getting a set of drag radials if this isn't your DD. Without a drag radial, you're going to have problems with traction on that side wheel, unfortunately.

Let me know if you have more questions about which suspension components to go with or just any future mod questions at all. I'll be happy to answer them and help guide you in the right direction!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Removing the cats is where you will see the most gains on these 5.0's. If you are doing a catless X you would be better to go with the GT500 Axle backs. The catless X makes the exhaust extremely loud and raspy with a axle back that is already pretty loud,such as the Roush. The GT500s will mellow out the rasp and give you a nice deep tone. I would also look for some aftermaket axle backs on CL or the forums,it can save you some cash. A lot of parts found can be close to new or in excellent condition and there is nothing wrong with running used parts as long as they are in good condition.

Good luck and welcome to the family!!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Thanks to the guys that have been giving their advice on here, learning a lot for being a new modder.
So I was looking at the borla exhaust, since that's what most seem to favor on here. There seem to be 3 of them, I was taking in consideration that I do have a vert. So just asking if I'd be able to carry a conversation or be able to think. Anyone have any experience? I was listening the the borla s-type, awesome sound, and being automatic, they did say wouldn't be as loud as manuals.
Any thoughts
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
I was listening the the borla s-type, awesome sound, and being automatic, they did say wouldn't be as loud as manuals.
Any thoughts
I believe the autos tend to be a little quieter in cruising compared to the manuals. Probably because of the 3.15's you're operating at a lower rpm range. Listen to this video. The car appears to be pretty loud and I have the same exact setup but mine isn't nearly as loud. These cars do have pretty refined interiors to help keep the noises out.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I believe the autos tend to be a little quieter in cruising compared to the manuals. Probably because of the 3.15's you're operating at a lower rpm range. Listen to this video. The car appears to be pretty loud and I have the same exact setup but mine isn't nearly as loud. These cars do have pretty refined interiors to help keep the noises out.
Yep the autos seem to be quieter from what people say, I'm sure the interiors tone it down too, but when top is down, is it gonna be annoying. Any conv. owners out there that had some exhaust done, the borla s-type sounds awesome.
Whoever has that, now I know why you chose it. Awesome!!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
SlowPokeGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Aurora
Region: Colorado
Posts: 29
Does anyone have the GT500 exhaust with an off road X pipe? I ended up going with a Gibson off road x pipe (I regret this decision and should have stuck with the JBA) and have the stock mufflers on the car right now. With the stock mufflers the car is not much louder than it was with the cats on. Im very happy with the sound levels but Id like something to give the car a bit deeper rumble without making the car to much louder than it is right now since my wife won't be as thrilled with a loud exhaust system as I am.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Gibson Off Road X Pipe, Bama Tune, and more to come.

Molon Labe
SlowPokeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokeGT View Post
Also, I went with the 19" x 8.5" wheel upgrade thinking the wider wheel would prevent me from having to upgrade the rims early on to keep the power on the ground. Is an 8.5" wide tire going to be enough for a 460ish hp car?

Thanks in advance!
Nope! I'm on the stock 19x9 Brembo wheels and cannot put down the 420 I have now. Another 40 horses will just make things worse.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokeGT View Post
Does anyone have the GT500 exhaust with an off road X pipe? I ended up going with a Gibson off road x pipe (I regret this decision and should have stuck with the JBA) and have the stock mufflers on the car right now. With the stock mufflers the car is not much louder than it was with the cats on. Im very happy with the sound levels but Id like something to give the car a bit deeper rumble without making the car to much louder than it is right now since my wife won't be as thrilled with a loud exhaust system as I am.
exactly what you want, the GT500 exhaust, or if you want it to really sound amazing, the Borla S-Types.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
If you want loud the flowmaster outlaws are loud as hellll
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
I'd like it to sound great, and louder. But since I have convertible, didn't know how loud should make it, since I don't have closed cabin, so didn't know if borla was too loud or what
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123
I'd like it to sound great, and louder. But since I have convertible, didn't know how loud should make it, since I don't have closed cabin, so didn't know if borla was too loud or what
I've had headers with vert, I didn't think it was bad at all.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
I'd like it to sound great, and louder. But since I have convertible, didn't know how loud should make it, since I don't have closed cabin, so didn't know if borla was too loud or what
Borla stingers are pretty quiet with o/r x when driving normally and scream when you get on it. I think you'll be fine. Just keep in mind when you do get on it don't care where you live you are breaking the law for decible levels.

Else wise they are far quiter than the rush I had were for normal driving but just as loud under WOT.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Borla stingers are pretty quiet with o/r x when driving normally and scream when you get on it. I think you'll be fine. Just keep in mind when you do get on it don't care where you live you are breaking the law for decible levels.

Else wise they are far quiter than the rush I had were for normal driving but just as loud under WOT.
Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 69
Some of you will get this & some won't, but i've had "Fun" cars for over 40 years now. It was NEVER about impressing others, but more about how it made ME feel. That being said, I put a set of GT 500's on my 2013 GT and every time I start it up in the garage it brings a HUGE grin to my face. This is primarily my wifes DD and every day I wait to walk to the mailbox just so I can hear the sound as she drives off to work, and i get that same grin ,even though I'm not the one behind the wheel. The short version here, is I've heard others, but I really liked the sound of the GT 500's. They sound nasty in a conservative kinda way. Suits me just fine. A great price too @ just over $300.00. There is always gonna be somebody bigger , louder , faster, so do a little research, and do what you like & can afford. My 2%
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetag93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Some of you will get this & some won't, but i've had "Fun" cars for over 40 years now. It was NEVER about impressing others, but more about how it made ME feel. That being said, I put a set of GT 500's on my 2013 GT and every time I start it up in the garage it brings a HUGE grin to my face. This is primarily my wifes DD and every day I wait to walk to the mailbox just so I can hear the sound as she drives off to work, and i get that same grin ,even though I'm not the one behind the wheel. The short version here, is I've heard others, but I really liked the sound of the GT 500's. They sound nasty in a conservative kinda way. Suits me just fine. A great price too @ just over $300.00. There is always gonna be somebody bigger , louder , faster, so do a little research, and do what you like & can afford. My 2%
+1
__________________
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
madGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Some of you will get this & some won't, but i've had "Fun" cars for over 40 years now. It was NEVER about impressing others, but more about how it made ME feel. That being said, I put a set of GT 500's on my 2013 GT and every time I start it up in the garage it brings a HUGE grin to my face. This is primarily my wifes DD and every day I wait to walk to the mailbox just so I can hear the sound as she drives off to work, and i get that same grin ,even though I'm not the one behind the wheel. The short version here, is I've heard others, but I really liked the sound of the GT 500's. They sound nasty in a conservative kinda way. Suits me just fine. A great price too @ just over $300.00. There is always gonna be somebody bigger , louder , faster, so do a little research, and do what you like & can afford. My 2%
Well said! I'm in the camp who "gets it".
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 69
Post

Jetag93 & madGT,

Thanks for getting it. Like I said, just my 2%
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Jetag93 & madGT,

Thanks for getting it. Like I said, just my 2%
I am only happy if I have old ladies flipping me the bird and people yelling at me it is too loud when I rev my car!

__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I am only happy if I have old ladies flipping me the bird and people yelling at me it is too loud when I rev my car!

+1 I can't wait to get an O/R H as soon as I get out of the horrible state of CA and get rid of my cats.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
madGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I am only happy if I have old ladies flipping me the bird and people yelling at me it is too loud when I rev my car!

I can definitely appreciate an over the top sounding car; no argument from me there at all. It's just my preference these days to be a bit more subdued. Still going more than stock, but nothing crazy. Whatever I end up doing I may get electric cutouts as well. Sometimes you get the "itch".

I just wish Stangs had the exhaust option my Vette had. Mild to Wild was awesome, above a certain RPM it opened up and got LOUD, but if you were just going out to dinner with the wife it was much less aggressive.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetag93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by madGT View Post
I can definitely appreciate an over the top sounding car; no argument from me there at all. It's just my preference these days to be a bit more subdued. Still going more than stock, but nothing crazy. Whatever I end up doing I may get electric cutouts as well. Sometimes you get the "itch".

I just wish Stangs had the exhaust option my Vette had. Mild to Wild was awesome, above a certain RPM it opened up and got LOUD, but if you were just going out to dinner with the wife it was much less aggressive.
Yea, I just ordered E-cutouts for that capability and I miss my Borla ATAK's sometimes.
__________________
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by madGT View Post

I can definitely appreciate an over the top sounding car; no argument from me there at all. It's just my preference these days to be a bit more subdued. Still going more than stock, but nothing crazy. Whatever I end up doing I may get electric cutouts as well. Sometimes you get the "itch".

I just wish Stangs had the exhaust option my Vette had. Mild to Wild was awesome, above a certain RPM it opened up and got LOUD, but if you were just going out to dinner with the wife it was much less aggressive.
I have that though. Borla S-Types with O/R x. She is never loud unless I want her to be. I can drive quietly if I want. I just choose not too.

Could take a date out in my car and they will complain about anything before the exhaust. I love it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Some of you will get this & some won't, but i've had "Fun" cars for over 40 years now. It was NEVER about impressing others, but more about how it made ME feel. That being said, I put a set of GT 500's on my 2013 GT and every time I start it up in the garage it brings a HUGE grin to my face. This is primarily my wifes DD and every day I wait to walk to the mailbox just so I can hear the sound as she drives off to work, and i get that same grin ,even though I'm not the one behind the wheel. The short version here, is I've heard others, but I really liked the sound of the GT 500's. They sound nasty in a conservative kinda way. Suits me just fine. A great price too @ just over $300.00. There is always gonna be somebody bigger , louder , faster, so do a little research, and do what you like & can afford. My 2%
++1
El Fufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 85
I'm running the borla S mufflers and Pypes O/R x and I love it. Sounds fantastic. I actually got pulled over tonight for "running a red light". It was right on red... I'm guessing I rolled it or something. Anyways, he let me off with a warning. He pulls up next to me at the next red light and motions for me to roll down the window... He says, "all seriousness aside, you have a sweet car, and it sounds fantastic..."
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post
I'm running the borla S mufflers and Pypes O/R x and I love it. Sounds fantastic. I actually got pulled over tonight for "running a red light". It was right on red... I'm guessing I rolled it or something. Anyways, he let me off with a warning. He pulls up next to me at the next red light and motions for me to roll down the window... He says, "all seriousness aside, you have a sweet car, and it sounds fantastic..."
Now that's an officer I can respect lol.
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.