Not what i expected - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Just a quick search bu I might take the car here

http://www.doneriteautomotive.com/. If that doesn't workout I would take a road trip to a mustang shop. Good luck with the car
Thanks i will look them up im thinking it has to be in the tune
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
I personally use the intune, not sure if people realize this, but you're not restricted to how many tunes it can hold, I believe it's a 1 or 2 GB hard drive. So it can hold a lot more which is why they can make a tuner for all the supported vehicles so far, my 13 GT was the test vehicle for them and as I upgrade my car they tweak their tunes to provide more offerings and they all come standards with free upgrades for life which is a really cool thing too!
Just saw it on AM, looks awesome and easy to use. To bad it wasn't out last year or I would have probably bought it instead of the sct.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just saw it on AM, looks awesome and easy to use. To bad it wasn't out last year or I would have probably bought it instead of the sct.
Want to trade lol im kidding i got mine in October for 299. Thru the dyno shop. Its nice and easy to use. Maybe i will just have to order a bama tume thru am idk yet. One thing for sure ima have to do something before spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
I agree, there are no shops in my area that work on mustangs its seems to be all about gm around here. Not sure what gear it was tuned in i thought it was just put in gear and let it run through gears automatically until it redlined. Im really leaning towards a sct tuner with a bama tune then i will get it tuned and hope something changes
I am in the Milwaukee Area too, and agree that most of the shops around here are GM skewed, but I have had some dyno tuning done by Marv at C&M Performance in Hubertus (not far from the Cabelas in Richfield). They are a Ford only shop and he does dyno tuning there and perforance mods too. I think you should contact him:
C & M Automotive Performance

Let us know how you come out on this- your dyno numbers are about 50hp too low.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post

I am in the Milwaukee Area too, and agree that most of the shops around here are GM skewed, but I have had some dyno tuning done by Marv at C&M Performance in Hubertus (not far from the Cabelas in Richfield). They are a Ford only shop and he does dyno tuning there and perforance mods too. I think you should contact him:
C & M Automotive Performance

Let us know how you come out on this- your dyno numbers are about 50hp too low.
Thank you for the information i will definitely check them out. i am buying a new tune tomorrow from am unfortunately i can get it in the shop with all this snow. I will post the results a soon as i can get it re dynoed
Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post

Bama has great tunes! Plus if you buy from American Muscle, you get free tunes for life! Can't go wrong and the Steeda or Airraid CAI's are best. American muscle sells sets of tuners and CAI's. Also! I live here in Waukesha. There don't seem to be too many people from Wisconsin I've found here, but glad to run into someone else from the dairy state!
Wow you are the first two I have seen on here from Wisconsin. I used to live in Eagle and Mukwonago, but the Army has me all over the States now. Good to see u guys on here.
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post
Wow you are the first two I have seen on here from Wisconsin. I used to live in Eagle and Mukwonago, but the Army has me all over the States now. Good to see u guys on here.
Eagle and Muk-town, huh? I actually live in Oconomowoc!
Thanks for your service.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post

Eagle and Muk-town, huh? I actually live in Oconomowoc!
Thanks for your service.
Whoa Wisconsin is coming out of the wood works. Lol.... And thank you for the support!
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Just got my first dyno yesterday on my stock 13' GT with avg. 356 hp and 335 ft/lbs torque at 120 mph. Not too shabby for a stock GT! Now its time to mod to reach the 400+ hp mark...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DYNORUN-STOCK.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	92580  
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg View Post
Just got my first dyno yesterday on my stock 13' GT with avg. 356 hp and 335 ft/lbs torque at 120 mph. Not too shabby for a stock GT! Now its time to mod to reach the 400+ hp mark...
tune and cat deletes.

400HP is easy
Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

tune and cat deletes.

400HP is easy
Hey just outa curiosity how much you think I have.
Mid list:
3.73 gear
Cat deletes
Xpipe
Mid back exhaust
93 race tune
Intake
Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Hey just outa curiosity how much you think I have.
Mid list:
3.73 gear
Cat deletes
Xpipe
Mid back exhaust
93 race tune
Intake
well, with my setup listed in my signature I pulled 411HP and 394 Torque. You probably won't be as torquey with the race tune over my hybrid tune, but I would imagine the HP would be close.

keep in mind that all depends on dyno, how close you are to sealevel and wether the moon is full .

I pulled those numbers on a dynojet.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

well, with my setup listed in my signature I pulled 411HP and 394 Torque. You probably won't be as torquey with the race tune over my hybrid tune, but I would imagine the HP would be close.

keep in mind that all depends on dyno, how close you are to sealevel and wether the moon is full .

I pulled those numbers on a dynojet.
Ya I just wanted a idea I will judge actual horsepower by the next time I race
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post

Whoa Wisconsin is coming out of the wood works. Lol.... And thank you for the support!
Born in Waukesha here, raised in northern Wisconsin too
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow that is extremely low. At the local shop, kurgan motorsports, a 2011 with full exhaust & CAI only put down 425rwhp with a custom dyno tune from bob. Check out kurgan motorsports Facebook it's right there, I personally don't k ow how but maybe it's a factory freak
I just got car back from kurgan . she is a beast he wrote a tune for me and installed gears .definitely recommend
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I just got car back from kurgan . she is a beast he wrote a tune for me and installed gears .definitely recommend
425 at the wheels with a tune and cai? I think someone at kurgan has been inhaling more than tire smoke. Thats about a 50 to 70 HP increase over stock!!!! Why not add a good coat of wax, that should be good for another 30+.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
425 at the wheels with a tune and cai? I think someone at kurgan has been inhaling more than tire smoke. Thats about a 50 to 70 HP increase over stock!!!! Why not add a good coat of wax, that should be good for another 30+.
Not my numbers dude I was just complementing kurgans motorsports. I know thats ridiculous with just two mods . They did tune an 11 auto with full exhaust and cai and put down 425
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not my numbers dude I was just complementing kurgans motorsports. I know thats ridiculous with just two mods . They did tune an 11 auto with full exhaust and cai and put down 425
Ya they have a really great shop there. Did you see their coyote swap fix body?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya they have a really great shop there. Did you see their coyote swap fix body?
Yea.. my step brother got a fox body and I told him about kurgans . im going to take him out there next time I go
Old 04-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Update
So i ordered my bama tunes in January and now that it is nice out i loaded the performance tune and already it feels better, the throttle is more responsive and when i step on it , it goes. And havent tried the race tune yet..but im wondering after hearing the horror stories with the Ds tuner if anybody is runing the race tune all the time as a dd?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Update
So i ordered my bama tunes in January and now that it is nice out i loaded the performance tune and already it feels better, the throttle is more responsive and when i step on it , it goes. And havent tried the race tune yet..but im wondering after hearing the horror stories with the Ds tuner if anybody is runing the race tune all the time as a dd?
I'd say about 95% of the ppl who are tuned run the race tune, even as a DD... I run it and it isn't so powerful that in spinning all the time, maybe cuz I'm geared at 3.31 at the moment
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I'd say about 95% of the ppl who are tuned run the race tune, even as a DD... I run it and it isn't so powerful that in spinning all the time, maybe cuz I'm geared at 3.31 at the moment
I will try it, i just dont want to keep changing tunes and have my computer brick on me..thank you
Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will try it, i just dont want to keep changing tunes and have my computer brick on me..thank you
Yea I'm the same way, don't like to keep changing tunes, I get nervous doing that... I would say just keep it at that tune for a good while until u get used to it, or bored with it... Whenever u get the itch that u need some more power then I would say go for it and keep it there
Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea u change gears say goodbye to traction .yesterday I was getting on the highway and shifted in to second like normal and steped on it bout 65 % throttle and she started screaming .I felt I wasent really moving and right as I shifted to 3 the back end shook. I looked in the rear view I left 2 long black marks in the street lol. My only mods is 373 roush ab and a tune
Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea u change gears say goodbye to traction .yesterday I was getting on the highway and shifted in to second like normal and steped on it bout 65 % throttle and she started screaming .I felt I wasent really moving and right as I shifted to 3 the back end shook. I looked in the rear view I left 2 long black marks in the street lol. My only mods is 373 roush ab and a tune
Yea it feels too mild right now for me, but that's good to know... Now it makes me feel better to upgrade to the Boss manifold cuz I know they lose a little TQ down low... It'll probably nice and balanced
Old 04-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea it feels too mild right now for me, but that's good to know... Now it makes me feel better to upgrade to the Boss manifold cuz I know they lose a little TQ down low... It'll probably nice and balanced
I thought about goin with the boss manifold but i dont drag my car so ill never see those rpms .my friends sister asked me how fast Ive driven it.i said maybe 120 she said o u dont like to go fast . I told her I just get to 60 really quick lol
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Smoke

Ate you the one that got kurgan to install gears?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Smoke

Ate you the one that got kurgan to install gears?
Yes sir lol
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes sir lol
Do you have a tune & intake?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you have a tune & intake?
Na just tune im goin to get a cai soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Na just tune im goin to get a cai soon.
Ok call kurgan and ask about the R2C intake. He has to special order it but when I got my tune he said he would do the intake and update my tune for 250. The R2C intake is the one they used on their fox body coyote swap.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok call kurgan and ask about the R2C intake. He has to special order it but when I got my tune he said he would do the intake and update my tune for 250. The R2C intake is the one they used on their fox body coyote swap.
Ok .yea i seen the swap on youtube man they got good prices and do good work u caint beat that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT