2012 Shelby GT500 Masters the Autobahn - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs down 2012 Shelby GT500 Masters the Autobahn

Today I received MYFORD magazine, and it had the front page cover with a Shelby '13 GT500 picture, and the Legend "GERMAN CONQUEST, The 2013 Shelby GT500 masters the Autobahn". Immediately I said, "at last they did it" and hurried to open my magazine to see if they took the car to Nurburgring for some hot lap times. NO!. It was just a boring tale on how someone just drove on a rainy day on the autobahn.
I don't understand why FORD, (compared to GM that they do it), NEVER timed laped the Shelby GT500, BOSS or the GT in Nurburgring, to show the world that the Mustangs are very capable cars that can compete with other european-asian sport cars on that difficult track. Come on FORD show some B@#%&!
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I did the same thing this morning. At least tell us what his top speed was.
757WhiteGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Ford did test the 13 gt500 on the green hell, I've seen vids on YouTube. Guess they never published it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I was about to say, I saw a video where they took the shelby out to (forgive my butchering of the name) Nuremburg and tested it. i think it was a video where it "showed the faces of the SVT crew" or something like that

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

here's an article that confirms it's testing in Nürburgring
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 First Drive – 200 mph Production Mustang Review – RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
They did a lot of Developemental work on the 2013 at Nurnburgring, and the Heidelberg Track in Germany. I used to go up to run laps in my 08. It was a big story over thier being that I was in Stuttgart the Euro Car Capital home to (AMG/M3/IS5/Porsche Turbo). My Neigbor worked as an engineer for the AMG branch and he would always ask me about my car. Every IS wanted to race me too, kinda crazy. SO the addtion of the 2013 GT500 just blew up the hype behind the mustang and added to the ledgend that currently exist.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
Today I received MYFORD magazine, and it had the front page cover with a Shelby '13 GT500 picture, and the Legend "GERMAN CONQUEST, The 2013 Shelby GT500 masters the Autobahn". Immediately I said, "at last they did it" and hurried to open my magazine to see if they took the car to Nurburgring for some hot lap times. NO!. It was just a boring tale on how someone just drove on a rainy day on the autobahn.
I don't understand why FORD, (compared to GM that they do it), NEVER timed laped the Shelby GT500, BOSS or the GT in Nurburgring, to show the world that the Mustangs are very capable cars that can compete with other european-asian sport cars on that difficult track. Come on FORD show some B@#%&!
Beleive me, they tested the 11-13+ for since 2010. I spent many days out on the ring watching laps of alot of cars. The GT/GT500 had a lot of run, but the Boss Package to my knowledge never ran over there. The sessions were closed, but all the spy cars are there from the industries best. You see them coming and going. In Nurnberg (Different city than the Nurnburgring) they had a lot of drifting tracks. I just wish I would have recived my 13 before I left Germany this year, becasue I was killing car's daily with a basic tune, BBK TB,CAI and Xpipe+headers.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do you know of any lap time posted by those test Mustangs at Nurburgring green hell?
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 shelby gt500