2013 Mustang GT -Borla S-type Axelback + JBA OR H-Pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: El Paso
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
2013 Mustang GT -Borla S-type Axelback + JBA OR H-Pipe

Just a quick clip of my exhaust set up.

Borla S-Type Axelbacks with JBA Off Road H-Pipe. The OTA pipe is stock, so resonators are still in place.

Im still toying with the idea of adding the Lethal Performance OTA pipe which eliminates the Resonators and adds 7 RWHP.

Im hesitant to add it because Im afraid it will make the car obnoxiously loud.. Im pretty happy with the sound/tone right now. When Im cruising down the highway its really not that loud.

What do you guys think? Too loud? Too obnoxious? Sound like a truck?

Do you think the Lethal performance OTA pipe will be a nice addition? Or too much?

Let me know what you guys think!

__________________
2013 Mustang GT Grabber Blue 6MT
3.73 Borla S-type Axelback, JBA OR H-Pipe, C&L CAI, AED Tune, Barton Shifter + 2 Post
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
Just a quick clip of my exhaust set up.

Borla S-Type Axelbacks with JBA Off Road H-Pipe. The OTA pipe is stock, so resonators are still in place.

Im still toying with the idea of adding the Lethal Performance OTA pipe which eliminates the Resonators and adds 7 RWHP.

Im hesitant to add it because Im afraid it will make the car obnoxiously loud.. Im pretty happy with the sound/tone right now. When Im cruising down the highway its really not that loud.

What do you guys think? Too loud? Too obnoxious? Sound like a truck?

Do you think the Lethal performance OTA pipe will be a nice addition? Or too much?

Let me know what you guys think!

makes me feel better about my O/R X as it sounds identical with the Borla S-Type as your O/R X. Different mufflers I don't think I could say that, but mine sounds just as deep as yours .

Also, I am going to call BS on a 7rwhp gain by changing the OTA pipes. Maybe 1-2 would be my guess if that.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: El Paso
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
makes me feel better about my O/R X as it sounds identical with the Borla S-Type as your O/R X. Different mufflers I don't think I could say that, but mine sounds just as deep as yours .

Also, I am going to call BS on a 7rwhp gain by changing the OTA pipes. Maybe 1-2 would be my guess if that.
Yeah, Im alittle skeptical about the 7 rwhp too. I may add it along with the Boss Intake next month.. I just hope it doesnt make it too loud!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Grabber Blue 6MT
3.73 Borla S-type Axelback, JBA OR H-Pipe, C&L CAI, AED Tune, Barton Shifter + 2 Post
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
Yeah, Im alittle skeptical about the 7 rwhp too. I may add it along with the Boss Intake next month.. I just hope it doesnt make it too loud!
well obviously not being around it in person, but I would imagine yours is like mine. 3K RPMS and below under normal driving is pretty quiet with a warm engine, anything above that and she just screams.

I would imagine those pipes will make it louder, but just seeing how the Borlas act I bet you can still keep her quiet enough to have the cops still ignore you.

I know my neighbors much prefer the Borlas with the O/R X than the Roush I had with the O/R X. Cold startups are about half as loud .
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: El Paso
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
well obviously not being around it in person, but I would imagine yours is like mine. 3K RPMS and below under normal driving is pretty quiet with a warm engine, anything above that and she just screams.

I would imagine those pipes will make it louder, but just seeing how the Borlas act I bet you can still keep her quiet enough to have the cops still ignore you.

I know my neighbors much prefer the Borlas with the O/R X than the Roush I had with the O/R X. Cold startups are about half as loud .
Lol, Ive heard a '11 5.0 with Roush + OR X pipe and it was crazy loud. Like hurt your ears loud, I definetly couldnt have my car sounding like that.

Yeah if I drive around like a prius the exhaust is actually pretty tame, but driving normally it gets alittle loud. And at WOT, well you know how loud that gets
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Grabber Blue 6MT
3.73 Borla S-type Axelback, JBA OR H-Pipe, C&L CAI, AED Tune, Barton Shifter + 2 Post
Bokeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
I have off-road x with a magnaflow street catback. Sounds amazing
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.