2013 Mustang GT -Borla S-type Axelback + JBA OR H-Pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2013 Mustang GT -Borla S-type Axelback + JBA OR H-Pipe

Just a quick clip of my exhaust set up.

Borla S-Type Axelbacks with JBA Off Road H-Pipe. The OTA pipe is stock, so resonators are still in place.

Im still toying with the idea of adding the Lethal Performance OTA pipe which eliminates the Resonators and adds 7 RWHP.

Im hesitant to add it because Im afraid it will make the car obnoxiously loud.. Im pretty happy with the sound/tone right now. When Im cruising down the highway its really not that loud.

What do you guys think? Too loud? Too obnoxious? Sound like a truck?

Do you think the Lethal performance OTA pipe will be a nice addition? Or too much?

Let me know what you guys think!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
Just a quick clip of my exhaust set up.

Borla S-Type Axelbacks with JBA Off Road H-Pipe. The OTA pipe is stock, so resonators are still in place.

Im still toying with the idea of adding the Lethal Performance OTA pipe which eliminates the Resonators and adds 7 RWHP.

Im hesitant to add it because Im afraid it will make the car obnoxiously loud.. Im pretty happy with the sound/tone right now. When Im cruising down the highway its really not that loud.

What do you guys think? Too loud? Too obnoxious? Sound like a truck?

Do you think the Lethal performance OTA pipe will be a nice addition? Or too much?

Let me know what you guys think!

makes me feel better about my O/R X as it sounds identical with the Borla S-Type as your O/R X. Different mufflers I don't think I could say that, but mine sounds just as deep as yours .

Also, I am going to call BS on a 7rwhp gain by changing the OTA pipes. Maybe 1-2 would be my guess if that.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
makes me feel better about my O/R X as it sounds identical with the Borla S-Type as your O/R X. Different mufflers I don't think I could say that, but mine sounds just as deep as yours .

Also, I am going to call BS on a 7rwhp gain by changing the OTA pipes. Maybe 1-2 would be my guess if that.
Yeah, Im alittle skeptical about the 7 rwhp too. I may add it along with the Boss Intake next month.. I just hope it doesnt make it too loud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokeo View Post
Yeah, Im alittle skeptical about the 7 rwhp too. I may add it along with the Boss Intake next month.. I just hope it doesnt make it too loud!
well obviously not being around it in person, but I would imagine yours is like mine. 3K RPMS and below under normal driving is pretty quiet with a warm engine, anything above that and she just screams.

I would imagine those pipes will make it louder, but just seeing how the Borlas act I bet you can still keep her quiet enough to have the cops still ignore you.

I know my neighbors much prefer the Borlas with the O/R X than the Roush I had with the O/R X. Cold startups are about half as loud .
Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
well obviously not being around it in person, but I would imagine yours is like mine. 3K RPMS and below under normal driving is pretty quiet with a warm engine, anything above that and she just screams.

I would imagine those pipes will make it louder, but just seeing how the Borlas act I bet you can still keep her quiet enough to have the cops still ignore you.

I know my neighbors much prefer the Borlas with the O/R X than the Roush I had with the O/R X. Cold startups are about half as loud .
Lol, Ive heard a '11 5.0 with Roush + OR X pipe and it was crazy loud. Like hurt your ears loud, I definetly couldnt have my car sounding like that.

Yeah if I drive around like a prius the exhaust is actually pretty tame, but driving normally it gets alittle loud. And at WOT, well you know how loud that gets
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have off-road x with a magnaflow street catback. Sounds amazing
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang