Matte and Gloss mix - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Matte and Gloss mix

I have a grabber blue with matte black rims and (soon to be) matte black gt500 stripes. I also have a matte looking magnetic decklid panel with matte black tail light bezels. I really love the look of the gloss black rear decklid panel on the '13s and wanted to put that and some black AMR wheels on, but would they clash with the matte black gt500 stripes. Or can matte and gloss go together well. (I'd also have to get rid of the tail light bezels I guess...)
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post
I have a grabber blue with matte black rims and (soon to be) matte black gt500 stripes. I also have a matte looking magnetic decklid panel with matte black tail light bezels. I really love the look of the gloss black rear decklid panel on the '13s and wanted to put that and some black AMR wheels on, but would they clash with the matte black gt500 stripes. Or can matte and gloss go together well. (I'd also have to get rid of the tail light bezels I guess...)
Personally I think it would look sick. I'm sure others would say it would clash.
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I don't think it'll clash at all, should look sick
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I don't think it'll clash at all, should look sick
Yepp. I got chrome fog trim on mine too....makes the fog lights pop a lot more too.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmueller99 View Post

Yepp. I got chrome fog trim on mine too....makes the fog lights pop a lot more too.
And I think that would be badass on your car
Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My hood accents, hash marks and louvers are gloss black and rims are matte black. Awesome contrast.

Do it!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Tough choice, I had the gloss black challenger with the Matte black strobe decals going down the side. Couldn't tell you had the stripes unless you got close enough..,

In your case I think it would look right if you did not over do it..., take some pics along the way. I am sure we will say when enough is enough!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have a matte black over the top stripe and matte black rims. It doesnt clash. I just dont like the piano black because of finger prints. Plastidip will happen soon.
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! I think that I'll keep the decklid I have rather than going gloss. (I think I just mostly like the 2013 tail lights). And buy some charcoal AMR wheels and replace my hood spears with some gt500 matte stripes!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Thanks! I think that I'll keep the decklid I have rather than going gloss. (I think I just mostly like the 2013 tail lights). And buy some charcoal AMR wheels and replace my hood spears with some gt500 matte stripes!
Ya that would look good. Is it possible to swap the 11 tails for the 13's? If it is i would do it. Those new tails are killer looks.
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post

Ya that would look good. Is it possible to swap the 11 tails for the 13's? If it is i would do it. Those new tails are killer looks.
I second that. The LED strips look awesoms
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I heard that you can, their just hard to find. And they don't fit completely perfect unless you replace with a 2013 bumper I think.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT