Best tunner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Best tunner?

Just wondering what everyones take on tuners. I'm stuck between diablo and sct..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sct free tunes for life!!
MustangForEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

SCT seems to be the most popular for our model cars. Remember it's just a device for your tunes. The best "Tuner" will be a huge debate. American Muscle's Bama tunes are great and you get free tunes for life when you purchase a handheld from them. Lund is probably one of thee best tuners out there for the coyote motor but it's all a debate. Do your research and chose the one that's best for you. I have been running Bama tunes since before they were available at A.M. and never had issues......period. Plus their customer service is A ****ing +!!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyhill View Post
Just wondering what everyones take on tuners. I'm stuck between diablo and sct..
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I actually just got off the phone with am cause i am considering a bama tune. I have a Diablosport intune and asked them if it mattered what tuner i had if i and a bama tune? They said its not the tuner in the tune. So whether u have a sct or a diablosport its the same as long as u use a good tuner like bama or another name brand tune. diablo sport can hold 5 tunes so thats a plus
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

Is there a echo in here?

Helllllllllllllloooooooooo......

Hellllllllooooooo .......

Hellllllllooooooo .......
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the most important part is not the brand its the quality of the program placed on the tuner. Once size fits all usually doenst work out to good compared to custom dyno tune sessions etc. If you car is mostly stock its not a huge deal though.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I was close to ordering a tuner, but there is still a few issues out there from what I am reading. Stalling, uploading, hard shifts on auto, surging etc. On such a new car I think it's better to get a custom tune where you actual air fuel /timing are being looked at. It will also get you the most performance.
Xtian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtian85 View Post
I was close to ordering a tuner, but there is still a few issues out there from what I am reading. Stalling, uploading, hard shifts on auto, surging etc. On such a new car I think it's better to get a custom tune where you actual air fuel /timing are being looked at. It will also get you the most performance.
No issues on with my VMP tune with my automatic. You must be reading in the wrong places.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well thanks for all the info. I guess I should have started by saying I won't be using email tunes. I'm having it dyno tuned at a local shop. So a tuner that can hold 5 custom tunes would work great. Plus it's a manual and nothing is stock on this car..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyhill View Post
Well thanks for all the info. I guess I should have started by saying I won't be using email tunes. I'm having it dyno tuned at a local shop. So a tuner that can hold 5 custom tunes would work great. Plus it's a manual and nothing is stock on this car..
No problems with my EMAIL tune. Does this "local" shop have any experience with these new motors?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #12

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
No issues on with my VMP tune with my automatic. You must be reading in the wrong places.
Had my VMP tune on my '04 auto for a year now with no issues.
SteveRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtian85 View Post
You are always gonna read about issues.....this is the interweb. Its like looking up reviews for shoes,clothes,computers ect ect. You can always data log your canned tune afterwards so they can tweak it. And getting a custom dyno tune on a stock car or a car with minor bolt ons is a waste of money. I personally have had zero tune issue on any of my cars,past or present.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #14

tunes...

Does a tune impact warranty? What are the pay-offs? Is there a real incease in hp or fuel savings?
stangless74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangless74 View Post
Does a tune impact warranty? What are the pay-offs? Is there a real incease in hp or fuel savings?

Yes,it will void the warranty. The tune will increase the performance and throttle response. Add other mods to that and you will see better results. If you are worried about your warranty dont do it. If you bought your mustang to mod like most of us did,go for it.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Yes,it will void the warranty. The tune will increase the performance and throttle response. Add other mods to that and you will see better results. If you are worried about your warranty dont do it. If you bought your mustang to mod like most of us did,go for it.
+1000

I have SCT with BAMA tunes for life. If you can't make it to someone you really trust, these guys are amazing. You get 3 tunes. I've tried 2. Race and street. There are very noticeable differences. They do an amazing job.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangless74 View Post
Yes there is A increase in fuel economy as.long as your not in race tune goosing it everywhere lol but if you drove say street tune conservatively you would definitely see results

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

And im not saying thats the only way to get better fuel economy just one of the best ways
MustangForEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That's not necessarily true, the dealer would have to prove the tune directly caused the part to break for them to not warranty it. If they just outright remove your warranty without proving it, that is against the law and huge liability on their part. Look it up.

Magnuson-moss act
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine
That's not necessarily true, the dealer would have to prove the tune directly caused the part to break for them to not warranty it. If they just outright remove your warranty without proving it, that is against the law and huge liability on their part. Look it up.

Magnuson-moss act
Technically true, but who pays the lawyers when they tell you no .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Technically true, but who pays the lawyers when they tell you no .
+1
There is a lot of risk involved. If you have the money to pay to have it fixed, then do it to it.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post

Magnuson-moss act
The dealer doesn't have to prove anything. And you do know why the MM act was first put into place in the 70's do you? So you couldn't be denied a warranty for not using OEM oil filters, air filters, and PCV valves etc etc. That is all, nothing more.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
The dealer doesn't have to prove anything. And you do know why the MM act was first put into place in the 70's do you? So you couldn't be denied a warranty for not using OEM oil filters, air filters, and PCV valves etc etc. That is all, nothing more.
That's the way I read it. But who knows I wasn't even a thought in the 70's.
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I have been getting my tunes from AM for over a year now and no issues. I get my tunes by email and no issues. I have a SCT performance tuner and yet to have any issues. I guess I'm just one of the lucky thousands who don't have any issues with AM and there tunes. If you look hard enough on the web you can find anything including a few that had issues.

If one is that worried about the warranty then don't get a tuner and wait till the warranty period is over.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT