Help! I need your opinion. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Help! I need your opinion.

A little over a year ago I went to my local ford dealership to buy my first mustang. After looking around I was not happy with what they had on the lot and decided to wait. Before leaving the dealership the salesman talked my dad and I into getting a 2007 f250. Don't get me wrong I love the truck but it has been at the dealership 4 times in one year with major problems. At the moment it is being repaired because the tranny went out. One of the smartest things I have ever done is buying the extended warranty and all of the work has been done under warranty. I am scared though because warranty is running out in 10k miles and each of the jobs would have cost me at least 5k. I wanted I know what you guys think about trading my truck in for a 2013 5.0. The main reason I want to do this is because I am a college student and don't have the kind of money to fix another major problem. And if so what package should I get?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Come on man, is this really a question? OF COURSE TRADE THAT SUCKER IN! If you're unhappy with your current ride, i can guarantee that '13 will put a smile on your face. I have never failed to pull up to a 5.0, look in the car, and not see the same big, fat, stupid grin on each drivers face.

Plus, i'm not sure about the warrantee on the 13's but i can bet its for a few years. And i read this forum constantly, and haven't really seen too many problems with them. Granted they are very new still. But in all seriousness, if you go through and calculate how much it's going to cost you, and you know for sure you can afford it. Go for it man. Imagine how man hot college babes you'll pick up with that 5.0.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Yep, we '13 owners just can't get rid of that dumb grin. It comes stock with the car.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
madGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester County
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 102
I'm smiling right now just thinking about my drive home from work.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I traded my 09 f150 for a 2013 gt. I love the mustang but every once and awhile I miss the truck but I never regret the trade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3377072246.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	89333   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2862475042.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	482.5 KB
ID:	89334  

redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
Get a 5.0. You will love just as much if not more than your truck. Make sure it's stick as well. Haha
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Tuff question, I've had a Ford truck since 1979. Insurance will be cheaper on the truck, but plates will probably cost more. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally wouldn't park a new mustang on a college campus.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
I think im just going to go for it then!=)So my next question of the options of the vehicle. So i know for sure I want to it with a 6 speed manual. The options I want the most are probably the reacaro seats, brembo brakes, and 3.73 gearing. I am not sure if the brembos makes too much a of a difference but if not then I would sacrifice it for another option. Now that the '14 is coming out how much is everyone paying for their 2013s?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Tuff question, I've had a Ford truck since 1979. Insurance will be cheaper on the truck, but plates will probably cost more. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally wouldn't park a new mustang on a college campus.
Yeah very true I just got the bill for the tags and it is close to $500!! so im not really worried about the insurance.
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Tuff question, I've had a Ford truck since 1979. Insurance will be cheaper on the truck, but plates will probably cost more. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally wouldn't park a new mustang on a college campus.
yeah won't get my car near a college/highschool/middleschool parking lots.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

yeah won't get my car near a college/highschool/middleschool parking lots.
Why is that? Just because of the possible vandalizing?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post
Why is that? Just because of the possible vandalizing?
well that and that most kids at college/highschools unless it is an insanely nice college/highschool, are the ones who could careless if they hit and run you.

My 2007 Tundra got jacked up a few times parking it at the College I went too. Thankfully it is a truck and I intended for it to taking a beating, but the Mustang? no way in hell.

plus the parking lots get paaaaacked.

So depends on the college you are going too .

*EDIT* I should also point out though, that I am the guy who parks at the end of the parking lot just so people won't park near my car. She is my baby, ain't nobody gonna hurt her but me!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
well that and that most kids at college/highschools unless it is an insanely nice college/highschool, are the ones who could careless if they hit and run you.

My 2007 Tundra got jacked up a few times parking it at the College I went too. Thankfully it is a truck and I intended for it to taking a beating, but the Mustang? no way in hell.

plus the parking lots get paaaaacked.

So depends on the college you are going too .

*EDIT* I should also point out though, that I am the guy who parks at the end of the parking lot just so people won't park near my car. She is my baby, ain't nobody gonna hurt her but me!
+1 No you aren't. ...LOL.....I do the same and I am anal about my car location. I all but have instructions in rare cases if a passenger is with me on what not to do....lol. Like you said if the car gets ****ed up I want to have no one to blame but myself.
And no.... Hell no, I do not let others drive my car. Call it what people will; but when there **** is torn up and or ragged out then there is probably a reason. There is such thing as twisting it and spirited driving without tearing it up. You can make tons of passes at the track. If I do break something then it's all good.I will fix it. Just understanding what your mods are and what they do helps you understand and what the feel is suppose to be. I like the fact that I am mechanically inclinded and do all my work no matter what the mods are or could be accept internal. These Coyotes are a whole other animal. I know one guy who has done plenty of motor work on older GT's and V8 stangs without issues. He did the 4 cams and was very careful and yet still ****ed up. You should see the pictures. I think some are on other board of same deal. Destroyed Coyote with under 10,000 miles. Fortunately he has somewhat deep pockets and not loosing it.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
You will be upside down on your lean and have to eat that cost as well. Besides that, lol, ur not camping out at the lot? Ill drive, it'll convince you.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by madGT View Post
I'm smiling right now just thinking about my drive home from work.
Every time I hear my car start, I get that same feeling.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
College student and new vehicle shouldn't go in same sentence lol look at a used 11/12 pony plenty cheaper just my thought your still in school student loans will not be your friend after your graduate
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Forget about the 11 or 12, if you can get a 13 definably worth it. As for the options, try to get brembos with premium and if you have some extra $$$ go for a track package, you will love it.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Forget about the 11 or 12, if you can get a 13 definably worth it. As for the options, try to get brembos with premium and if you have some extra $$$ go for a track package, you will love it.
With those options what is the most I should pay? I really like the nav and stuff but I'd rather have the track pack and brembos. I am definitely going for the 13 though. I already have the payments for the truck so It will just go up a little.
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cdgardner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mobile
Region: Alabama
Posts: 30
Just traded my 10' f-150 for a 13' GT, never been happier..... And yes I've bee thinking about my short 6 to 8 minute drive home from work all week!!
Cdgardner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdgardner1 View Post
Just traded my 10' f-150 for a 13' GT, never been happier..... And yes I've bee thinking about my short 6 to 8 minute drive home from work all week!!
I can't wait!!! Just waiting for the truck to be fixed and then I'll talk to them about the trade in. I don't want to bring it up yet because I don't want them to lower value just because they have it in their shop.
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post
I think im just going to go for it then!=)So my next question of the options of the vehicle. So i know for sure I want to it with a 6 speed manual. The options I want the most are probably the reacaro seats, brembo brakes, and 3.73 gearing. I am not sure if the brembos makes too much a of a difference but if not then I would sacrifice it for another option. Now that the '14 is coming out how much is everyone paying for their 2013s?
Good choice in options. Not that I'm biased at all... For street driving the Brembos probably don't make much of a difference, but ask Terry at Vorshalg how much of a difference he thinks they make if you track the car.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
College student and new vehicle shouldn't go in same sentence lol look at a used 11/12 pony plenty cheaper just my thought your still in school student loans will not be your friend after your graduate
Im a full-time college student I work full-time I just bought a house and I'm getting married soon. I bought my 2011 GT brand-new. I've also put over $10,000 worth of mods into it in the 2 years I've owned it. I'm just very driven and able to afford it. I'm very fortunate that I can afford it
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
A loaded 11/12 can be had for low miles 26-27 high miles 23k

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

And yes you are fortunate but speaking from a financial stand point the 13 and 11/12 are the same car. Just throwing it out there you never know you could get a steal on a used one
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

With those options what is the most I should pay? I really like the nav and stuff but I'd rather have the track pack and brembos. I am definitely going for the 13 though. I already have the payments for the truck so It will just go up a little.
I got a track pack 13 with laguna seca wing, window louver, side scoops and premium fully loader for 33500 plus tax but i took my time and drove 5 hours to get it. The window sticker was $39***.
Low ball at first and work your way up slowly, remember that the sales guys do this every day, it was a fun process. Good luck!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

I got a track pack 13 with laguna seca wing, window louver, side scoops and premium fully loader for 33500 plus tax but i took my time and drove 5 hours to get it. The window sticker was $39***.
Low ball at first and work your way up slowly, remember that the sales guys do this every day, it was a fun process. Good luck!!
Wow that was a steal!! By fully loade do you mean nav and everything?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Also depends how you shop, like there are some great deals on some brand new 2011 gt's and 2012's right now. I found a somewhat loaded gt premium vert, they were gonna sell it for under $34k. The sticker was near 40k.
So if I could find a convertible, a hard top will be a lot more reasonable, and if you don't mind the few less upgrades the 11-12' mustangs don't have compared to the 13'.
I'd go to cars.com. And search it out.
There are deals out there!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.