Everyday Driver: Turbo or Centrifugal Supercharger? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl370

Injectors are definitely needed, and the size of them and BAP depends on how much power you make. The ID1000s and BAP are a little overkill for my setup, but it leaves me room to grow and the ID injectors are very tuner friendly.
Well said. Most complete kits come with 47lb injectors. ID1000s are good but if you don't have 650+ whp it might be a lil overkill and be hard to idle. 60lb would be perfect for anywhere from 600-675max whp pretty sure. Did the numbers yesterday and for me to run around 630-650whp, the 60lb injectors came out spot on. ID1000s will be worth it if you really wanna turn it up. I'll tell you now though, I got tired of the 559 quick haha, wish I saw JPCs street fighter kit. Check it out if anyone is looking
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
hah, I regognise that poison coursing through your veins. The cure is tougher than the disease sometimes
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
hah, I regognise that poison coursing through your veins. The cure is tougher than the disease sometimes
Haha you damn right it is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post
Well said. Most complete kits come with 47lb injectors. ID1000s are good but if you don't have 650+ whp it might be a lil overkill and be hard to idle. 60lb would be perfect for anywhere from 600-675max whp pretty sure. Did the numbers yesterday and for me to run around 630-650whp, the 60lb injectors came out spot on. ID1000s will be worth it if you really wanna turn it up. I'll tell you now though, I got tired of the 559 quick haha, wish I saw JPCs street fighter kit. Check it out if anyone is looking
Just looked up that kit. Will the stock motor clutch and tranny hold up on that
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS

Oh yeah!

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:

For how long Idk, but many run that power and still haven't blown up soooo sure haha! Always a risk with boost and stock internals unless you got a Boss. I think it would be fine though, their competition kit is a another story though haha
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

So the street fighter kit would be the most ideal to get? Does it come with everything needed for install?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the street fighter kit would be the most ideal to get? Does it come with everything needed for install?
Yup! If it was out when I bought mine this past summer I woulda chose it over Paxton's complete kit!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup! If it was out when I bought mine this past summer I woulda chose it over Paxton's complete kit!
Def wider tires are needed. Drag radials too. Hell bone stock if its under 70 i have no traction. Cant imagine with 615whp. Those tires will be crying.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Def wider tires are needed. Drag radials too. Hell bone stock if its under 70 i have no traction. Cant imagine with 615whp. Those tires will be crying.
Very true haha. Bout time for my first set of new tires! Prob get some 295s or 305s might do rims too.. Don't think the stock brembo car rims will support that tire
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Very true haha. Bout time for my first set of new tires! Prob get some 295s or 305s might do rims too.. Don't think the stock brembo car rims will support that tire
NOOOO, lol the stock brembo will safely support 275 and that is it. I know a guy that put 285 and at the track doing a burnout the tire came off the rim. With the color of your car some black SVE drift will look good, and they are lightweight, i am getting my self a set of 18x10 18x9 and DR for the road course.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

NOOOO, lol the stock brembo will safely support 275 and that is it. I know a guy that put 285 and at the track doing a burnout the tire came off the rim. With the color of your car some black SVE drift will look good, and they are lightweight, i am getting my self a set of 18x10 18x9 and DR for the road course.
Haha that's def not good! Figured, guess I'll get the coil overs later on.. So 10 or 11 inch wide back rim, which one should I go with?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha that's def not good! Figured, guess I'll get the coil overs later on.. So 10 or 11 inch wide back rim, which one should I go with?
I think 10 is perfect, and i wouldnt go wider than 295. If you do drag racing then yea but for handling around a road course or street driving anything wider could affect your handling giving you understeering because the back has so much grip and the front would break loose before the back does. If performance is not a worry then yea get a big fat tire, they look great!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think 10 is perfect, and i wouldnt go wider than 295. If you do drag racing then yea but for handling around a road course or street driving anything wider could affect your handling giving you understeering because the back has so much grip and the front would break loose before the back does. If performance is not a worry then yea get a big fat tire, they look great!!!
Haha always have to compromise damnit! 295 should look wide enough, if anything, my car will only see a drag strip, if that, no road courses for me. If I do decide to hit a road course then ill prep the car for it for sure! My friends want me to go autoX, they have a new WRX, new Golf R, MB C63AMG, and a 03 M3. I bet it would be fun if we all got on the course, I would just hate to be out there and my car not be prepped for the course and I don't wanna spend all the money needed to set it up for a road course haha. Mannnn, let's just hit the lottery! Good idea?!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha always have to compromise damnit! 295 should look wide enough, if anything, my car will only see a drag strip, if that, no road courses for me. If I do decide to hit a road course then ill prep the car for it for sure! My friends want me to go autoX, they have a new WRX, new Golf R, MB C63AMG, and a 03 M3. I bet it would be fun if we all got on the course, I would just hate to be out there and my car not be prepped for the course and I don't wanna spend all the money needed to set it up for a road course haha. Mannnn, let's just hit the lottery! Good idea?!
Before you make a decision go to both the track and drag strip and just make a decision what way u want to go, i did it and was 100% sure that the road course was for me. I still hit the drag strip but just for fun and burn rubber
I definably didnt want a show car.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Before you make a decision go to both the track and drag strip and just make a decision what way u want to go, i did it and was 100% sure that the road course was for me. I still hit the drag strip but just for fun and burn rubber
I definably didnt want a show car.
Yeah buddy! I love it all! Will just have to wait a lil bit and save some more cash to blow haha!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah buddy! I love it all! Will just have to wait a lil bit and save some more cash to blow haha!
Im doing the same, just did suspension, wheel, tires and looks and all i need it a Procharger or paxton still dont know, got to come up with 6k
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im doing the same, just did suspension, wheel, tires and looks and all i need it a Procharger or paxton still dont know, got to come up with 6k
I hear ya! I did blower first bc I always spent all my money on the stuff you said above first and could never get enough to do the blower at the end so I changed it up haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT