Difference with advancetrac and sport mode - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Difference with advancetrac and sport mode

Well, anyone know the difference in regular mode and sport mode?
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #2

Region: Ohio
I'd like to know how the car (computer) operates to do what these systems do. Is it using accelerometers to know the velocity vectoring of the car? If so, and you know what parameters the car is using to activate the systems, then we will know the difference.

To answer your question, no I don't.
RichardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's another good question! I always thought the advancetrac system just sensed slipping and transferred power to the other wheel by slowly applying brakes to the spinning wheel. I wonder if sport mode utilizes a combination of that as well as rpm. I can't quite figure it out, but the car seems to bite more in sport mode and doesn't seem to get much wheel hop. That's the only reason I asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I know it changes how the car feels when driving, sport mode feels a lil more classic feel to it, takes more strength to turn it.
While comfort mode turns easily
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't talking about the steering feel, but the actual traction control. You can put it in sport mode by pressing the traction control button twice with your foot on your brake....
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sport mode as I understand it allows for some tire spinning and sideways play, but keeps the nannies in place to try and prevent you from completely killing yourself. If you turn the system all the way off (hold for 5 secs) then you're free to do donuts,etc.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
Sport mode as I understand it allows for some tire spinning and sideways play, but keeps the nannies in place to try and prevent you from completely killing yourself. If you turn the system all the way off (hold for 5 secs) then you're free to do donuts,etc.

Actually seems like we can play around more with the car. By changing a few buttons
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I put the car in advance trac when i go to the track (drag racing), im suppose to be in sports mode?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I dont know about all those modes but when the traction light is off i am in deep sh*it and when it is on i feel safer inside and my pants thank me. Lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I was hesitant to use sport too much at first, but now I always turn it on unless it's really cold/rainy.

For a short answer on AdvanceTrac, from the ’13 Mustang brochure: “To turn horsepower into forward motion, every Mustang comes equipped with AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control. AdvanceTrac monitors vehicle speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle and, if necessary in slippery conditions, reduces engine torque and applies the brakes as needed. Select the Sport setting to push your Mustang while still retaining control. You can also turn AdvanceTrac off completely.”
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...v.42080656,d.d

For a more in-depth answer, here’s an ’05 article about it at Ford Media: http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=20679

Here’s a Ford Social video about it: AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control: http://social.ford.com/our-articles/...ility-control/

Here are some good YouTube videos about it:

And if you really want some crazy knowledge, read this white paper! ROLL STABILITY CONTROL: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd.../07-0136-O.pdf
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
I put the car in advance trac when i go to the track (drag racing), im suppose to be in sports mode?
Do you mean that you turn advance trac off? Because it's on when you start your car.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm guess if you're at the track with AT on, you aren't doing a burnout, as that'd be really embarrassing if you tried it with the AT on, in any mode.

That said, I've run identical PB times AT on and off but, you need AT off for maximum firepower off the line.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT