Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Heated seats

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Yellow50 
#1 ·
"]How are your heated seats,
Mine turn on take 5 or so minutes to heat up, stay on for little bit, then turns off and starts process all over again. It's not constant. Are yours all the same? I've been in other vehicles, and they were a constant heat or it's too hot where I need to turn it down

#2 ·
American cars always have these thermo and/or time regulated "safety seats" so, you don't burn your ass. Most Japanese and German cars ass-ume you can figure out how hot you want your ass and use rheostatic control.

That said, they work fine for me.

#3 ·
dj_james123 said:
"]How are your heated seats,
Mine turn on take 5 or so minutes to heat up, stay on for little bit, then turns off and starts process all over again. It's not constant. Are yours all the same? I've been in other vehicles, and they were a constant heat or it's too hot where I need to turn it down
Mine takes maybe two minutes to burn the s*** out of my back even with a shirt and hoodie on. It stays that warm for as long as I leave it on as well.

#6 ·
Sounds about right. The '07 I had the warmer was rather weak but eventually effective. My '10 F-150 Lariat has three settings: warm, roast, incinerate. I'm glad it has the butt cooler option, but as everyone learns do not break wind with the cooler fans on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.