Mustang Evolution Forum banner

iPod/iPhone

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  McQueen 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT premium. I'm in the military stationed overseas, so I will be picking up my car in early April when I transition back to the states. I'm wondering what kind of cable I will need to hook up my iPhone 4s so that I can play my music in the car. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

#5 ·
Yea u can also use Bluetooth audio and it sounds fine and u can still use steering wheel buttons to skip tracks , only thing with that is that it won't show artist and song name on the screen if u do it that way. Sound pretty good for it being wireless streaming tho, I use pandora that way

#9 ·
It's cool, the car itself uses Bluetooth to stream music wirelessly from your phone. No special app needed, the USB wire from your phone is always the more solid method, but Bluetooth is also another option if u don't feel like opening your center console and connect your phone if your only running a 5 minute errand.

#7 ·
The Same one you use to charge it. It works well, but if you have a large hard drive with a lot of music it will take a while to index all the songs. You could have ordered the 14 and it would have been availble in April. I ordered my 13 when I was in Germany and I didn't know if would be ready in April or I would of had it shipped to me before I left Germany. If you are not at the build date you might be able to get the 14 still, unless you got a really good deal.

#18 ·
My iPhone is connect to the car by Bluetooth, or that sync.
I don't need to plug it in or anything. I can access everything thru the cars screen. I can download music to the cars hard drive. And when I call I can just press a button and use the cars speakers.
The only thing sometimes it happens, car automatically puts me thru car speakers,

Ok question...? Can you still do all that, download music to car and such... if you don't have the navi?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.