iPod/iPhone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #1

Region: New Jersey
iPod/iPhone

Hey guys. I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT premium. I'm in the military stationed overseas, so I will be picking up my car in early April when I transition back to the states. I'm wondering what kind of cable I will need to hook up my iPhone 4s so that I can play my music in the car. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
ElectronicTech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Just a cord with the eat phone plug on both ends will do. One end goes in your phone and the other in the aux hole. I assume they still put the aux jack in the center console box in the '13s. There might be a more tech savy way to do it, but I'm not that kind of guy.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTech2 View Post
Hey guys. I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT premium. I'm in the military stationed overseas, so I will be picking up my car in early April when I transition back to the states. I'm wondering what kind of cable I will need to hook up my iPhone 4s so that I can play my music in the car. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
A simple USB cable does it, if u want u can even put some music on a portable thumb drive which I prefer to do
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #4

So I can use the normal iPod cable like I use to hook up to my computer? I have heard rumor that you can use the Sync? I had the Sync but I'm not sure how true that is..
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I can use the normal iPod cable like I use to hook up to my computer? I have heard rumor that you can use the Sync? I had the Sync but I'm not sure how true that is..
Yea u can also use Bluetooth audio and it sounds fine and u can still use steering wheel buttons to skip tracks , only thing with that is that it won't show artist and song name on the screen if u do it that way. Sound pretty good for it being wireless streaming tho, I use pandora that way
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #6

Bluetooth audio? I've never heard of that. Is it an app I need to get for my phone, or do I just need to turn my phones bluetooth on and it will work. Sorry, I've been out of the technology loop for some time, especially since I haven't driven a car in over 2 years.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The Same one you use to charge it. It works well, but if you have a large hard drive with a lot of music it will take a while to index all the songs. You could have ordered the 14 and it would have been availble in April. I ordered my 13 when I was in Germany and I didn't know if would be ready in April or I would of had it shipped to me before I left Germany. If you are not at the build date you might be able to get the 14 still, unless you got a really good deal.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #8

I got a really good deal. I'm okay with the 2013. =D
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bluetooth audio? I've never heard of that. Is it an app I need to get for my phone, or do I just need to turn my phones bluetooth on and it will work. Sorry, I've been out of the technology loop for some time, especially since I haven't driven a car in over 2 years.
It's cool, the car itself uses Bluetooth to stream music wirelessly from your phone. No special app needed, the USB wire from your phone is always the more solid method, but Bluetooth is also another option if u don't feel like opening your center console and connect your phone if your only running a 5 minute errand.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #10

Sounds good. Thanks fo your help guys. I'm going to be doing a little bit of driving once I actually pick up the car, so I really didn't want to have to make another trip to pick up some cables and stuff.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I ordered min in afghan too.. Add sync it's def worth it... Try to get the student discount too.. Online college counts
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #12

Ah. I'm not taking any college courses. I got a pretty good deal though. I'm not really worried about it. Glad to see there are a lot of military on here.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah. I'm not taking any college courses. I got a pretty good deal though. I'm not really worried about it. Glad to see there are a lot of military on here.
I see your from Jersey, around where??
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have always had great success playing my iPod via the aux plug and my Windows Phone via Bluetooth on my 2011.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Bluetooth is my vote. My note II automatically links to my car and starts playing by itself when I get in the car. Phone in my pocket and playing music. No cables no clutter just all awesome.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Bluetooth is my vote. My note II automatically links to my car and starts playing by itself when I get in the car. Phone in my pocket and playing music. No cables no clutter just all awesome.
ugh..... why won't my damn iPhone do this. so annoying hitting the button and saying Bluetooth audio every single time I drive my car
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
ugh..... why won't my damn iPhone do this. so annoying hitting the button and saying Bluetooth audio every single time I drive my car
well I will tell you how, since it prolly isn't how you think. I don't have a GT Premium, just a standard.

So I purchased this unit called TuneLink by Potato Industries. Awesome device. Plugs into the cig lighter and aux cable in the center console so you never see it. I then loaded the app onto my phone for it and turned off automatic playing of music but have it set to automatically connect via bluetooth upon seeing my phone.

Then I have an app for android called PowerAMP that I use for music playback. I check marked to have it stop playing music upon bluetooth disconnect and play music again upon bluetooth reconnect.

Now, if you look at the Tunelink there are two of them. I have the iphone version for two reasons. One the android green is ugly and two the android one does not work with iphones period. So if I have friend in the car/parents/sister/etc. and they have iphones, which most do, they wouldn't have been able to play music. The cost for either one was the same.

So, the tunelink program has the ability to tell your phone to start using a specific app for music, atleast on android, and force it to play. I don't use this because my music player does this itself. My understanding is it will do this on apple phones too, just never tried it. The tunelink app really just tells the tunelink unit how to behave, so the tunelink app isn't even required after you get everything setup.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My iPhone is connect to the car by Bluetooth, or that sync.
I don't need to plug it in or anything. I can access everything thru the cars screen. I can download music to the cars hard drive. And when I call I can just press a button and use the cars speakers.
The only thing sometimes it happens, car automatically puts me thru car speakers,

Ok question...? Can you still do all that, download music to car and such... if you don't have the navi?
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
If your new Pony is equipped with SYNC you won't have any issues using an iPod and the standard white cable that comes along with the iPod. You simply hook it up to the usb port in the car and you are on your way to jamming down the road. Or you can even use the bluetooth. I use both, just depends on how I feel for the day...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you want the sync to connect without a cable just say: "bluetooth audio" to sync and the iphone or whatever other phone..

You will Listen to music without a cable
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT