JBA header fit and quality? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Who has experience with these headers and main concern is fit and quality. Please dont assume they suck because they are cheaper, i want personal experience with these.
Thanks!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Who has experience with these headers and main concern is fit and quality. Please dont assume they suck because they are cheaper, i want personal experience with these.
Thanks!
I wouldn't think they'd suck as I have their O/R X and it has been fantastic. I cannot speak for the headers though. If you get them I'd like to hear how they are as I might just go ahead and get those!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the JBA ceramic coated LT's and catted X pipe and I love them.. Got them both for $800. Had a shop install, one thing though, they did not come with new clamps. The shop said the factory clamps wouldnt fit, my option was to lleave the car there over night so they could get bigger clamps, or let them weld the X to the headers. I let them weld.. Never had headers on a car before, so nothing to compare too, but Ireally love the power it added and even more, love the sound...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
I have the JBA ceramic coated LT's and catted X pipe and I love them.. Got them both for $800. Had a shop install, one thing though, they did not come with new clamps. The shop said the factory clamps wouldnt fit, my option was to lleave the car there over night so they could get bigger clamps, or let them weld the X to the headers. I let them weld.. Never had headers on a car before, so nothing to compare too, but Ireally love the power it added and even more, love the sound...
Thanks man, so u didnt have any clearance issue? That was my main concern.
My friend install pipes LT and it was a nightmare to fit. Took him like 14 hours to install by a shop.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I wouldn't think they'd suck as I have their O/R X and it has been fantastic. I cannot speak for the headers though. If you get them I'd like to hear how they are as I might just go ahead and get those!
Yea i have hear good things about their x/h pipes.
Now comes the million dollar question, should i get an x or H pipe?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I have the JBA headers and had a couple minor fitment issues, first where the steering knuckle passes by it rubbed , had to heat up the pipe and just tap it in a little, and where the flange is by the frame rail was too close but that was easy just pry it over and stick a peice of wood behind it then tighten up your hpipe and it held it over , other than that they are awesome, gained 19hp with just the headers
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have the JBA headers and had a couple minor fitment issues, first where the steering knuckle passes by it rubbed , had to heat up the pipe and just tap it in a little, and where the flange is by the frame rail was too close but that was easy just pry it over and stick a peice of wood behind it then tighten up your hpipe and it held it over , other than that they are awesome, gained 19hp with just the headers
So do u recommend them or would it be worth it spending 300$ more on some stainless works or kooks?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

oh and i do my installs and it took me 9 hrs with all hand tools, if you have an air rachet u can cut that in half, its a pretty simple task if you take your time and follow the intructions, the hardest part was removing the ground cable from the passengers side motor mount, but with a few extensions and wrenches anyone can do it.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I am all about saving money and yes i highly recommend them just be prepared to tweak them alittle if you have torches u may need to heat up a pipe but nothing major...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Thanks man, so u didnt have any clearance issue? That was my main concern.
My friend install pipes LT and it was a nightmare to fit. Took him like 14 hours to install by a shop.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Yea i have hear good things about their x/h pipes.
Now comes the million dollar question, should i get an x or H pipe?
You having the borlas I would say it probably doesnt matter. They stay deep either way. Seems like the X will flow better but as debated before it probably doesn't result in but a few extra HP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT