JBA header fit and quality? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Who has experience with these headers and main concern is fit and quality. Please dont assume they suck because they are cheaper, i want personal experience with these.
Thanks!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Who has experience with these headers and main concern is fit and quality. Please dont assume they suck because they are cheaper, i want personal experience with these.
Thanks!
I wouldn't think they'd suck as I have their O/R X and it has been fantastic. I cannot speak for the headers though. If you get them I'd like to hear how they are as I might just go ahead and get those!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
OrganDonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 133
I have the JBA ceramic coated LT's and catted X pipe and I love them.. Got them both for $800. Had a shop install, one thing though, they did not come with new clamps. The shop said the factory clamps wouldnt fit, my option was to lleave the car there over night so they could get bigger clamps, or let them weld the X to the headers. I let them weld.. Never had headers on a car before, so nothing to compare too, but Ireally love the power it added and even more, love the sound...
__________________
2014 Shelby GT500...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
I have the JBA ceramic coated LT's and catted X pipe and I love them.. Got them both for $800. Had a shop install, one thing though, they did not come with new clamps. The shop said the factory clamps wouldnt fit, my option was to lleave the car there over night so they could get bigger clamps, or let them weld the X to the headers. I let them weld.. Never had headers on a car before, so nothing to compare too, but Ireally love the power it added and even more, love the sound...
Thanks man, so u didnt have any clearance issue? That was my main concern.
My friend install pipes LT and it was a nightmare to fit. Took him like 14 hours to install by a shop.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I wouldn't think they'd suck as I have their O/R X and it has been fantastic. I cannot speak for the headers though. If you get them I'd like to hear how they are as I might just go ahead and get those!
Yea i have hear good things about their x/h pipes.
Now comes the million dollar question, should i get an x or H pipe?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 441
I have the JBA headers and had a couple minor fitment issues, first where the steering knuckle passes by it rubbed , had to heat up the pipe and just tap it in a little, and where the flange is by the frame rail was too close but that was easy just pry it over and stick a peice of wood behind it then tighten up your hpipe and it held it over , other than that they are awesome, gained 19hp with just the headers
__________________
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have the JBA headers and had a couple minor fitment issues, first where the steering knuckle passes by it rubbed , had to heat up the pipe and just tap it in a little, and where the flange is by the frame rail was too close but that was easy just pry it over and stick a peice of wood behind it then tighten up your hpipe and it held it over , other than that they are awesome, gained 19hp with just the headers
So do u recommend them or would it be worth it spending 300$ more on some stainless works or kooks?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 441
oh and i do my installs and it took me 9 hrs with all hand tools, if you have an air rachet u can cut that in half, its a pretty simple task if you take your time and follow the intructions, the hardest part was removing the ground cable from the passengers side motor mount, but with a few extensions and wrenches anyone can do it.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I am all about saving money and yes i highly recommend them just be prepared to tweak them alittle if you have torches u may need to heat up a pipe but nothing major...
__________________
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Thanks man, so u didnt have any clearance issue? That was my main concern.
My friend install pipes LT and it was a nightmare to fit. Took him like 14 hours to install by a shop.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------



Yea i have hear good things about their x/h pipes.
Now comes the million dollar question, should i get an x or H pipe?
You having the borlas I would say it probably doesnt matter. They stay deep either way. Seems like the X will flow better but as debated before it probably doesn't result in but a few extra HP.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.