I have 2 options - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
I mean all of you can say you worked and went to school at the same time... But what were your grades?

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

And thanks for all the positive feedback from the rest of you!
Hey it's all well and good but just don't expect to post this about being 16 and getting 30k+ dollar car and expect people who have worked their asses off to get theirs to be happy or even supportive, I mean really be serious what did you think people would say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I mean all of you can say you worked and went to school at the same time... But what were your grades?

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

And thanks for all the positive feedback from the rest of you!
My mark were actually pretty good... Could of gone to university but i chose to pursue a trade cause the demand was huge. I became a refrigeration mechanic and I love it.. It also pays pretty damn good...
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Wait bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Define "mod as much as you want"...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...t-ar29560.html

Just sayin... I'd take that over my 5.0 lol
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #40
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
School sucks. If my Dad told me at 16 if I got great grades he would buy me a new car, I still woulda dropped out and bought a beater on my own. I ****ing hated school! Lol

If you can do it and your reward is a new car? More power to ya. Be the first to show these guys that you can be a responsible young adult with a car that most arrogant young people will destroy over time. ...like me! I beat the **** outa my 5.0! But I'm an old ****. Lmao!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
School sucks. If my Dad told me at 16 if I got great grades he would buy me a new car, I still woulda dropped out and bought a beater on my own. I ****ing hated school! Lol

If you can do it and your reward is a new car? More power to ya. Be the first to show these guys that you can be a responsible young adult with a car that most arrogant young people will destroy over time. ...like me! I beat the **** outa my 5.0! But I'm an old ****. Lmao!
Thanks man! You brought me up from the dumps by reading all these comments
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe things are different in where we live guys yall are bringing me down a bunch now i dont even want to get a car for the sake of not getting yall mad i mean its normal for parets to buy their kids cars at 16 or 17 where i live, my friend just got a raptor and i have another friend that owns a 69 mercedes that amazingly beautiful. I dont know but reading these comments brings me the fucik down
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption

Thanks man! You brought me up from the dumps by reading all these comments
Don't let the jealously bother you bud. There's not a soul on here that wouldn't love to be in your shoes, I would have settled for hearing my dad say I love you.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Don't let the jealously bother you bud. There's not a soul on here that wouldn't love to be in your shoes, I would have settled for hearing my dad say I love you.
Aww man sorry to hear that
Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Maybe things are different in where we live guys yall are bringing me down a bunch now i dont even want to get a car for the sake of not getting yall mad i mean its normal for parets to buy their kids cars at 16 or 17 where i live, my friend just got a raptor and i have another friend that owns a 69 mercedes that amazingly beautiful. I dont know but reading these comments brings me the fucik down
I don't know what you expect. You're stepping into a group that has had to work hard for everything they have. My friends all got cars at 16 for free, I got a job and paid for mine. Didn't have my own car until I was 17. I got a good deal but I purchased my dads 1970 chevelle SS 454 that had been sitting in the garage not running for 9 years for 10K by 17. Spent more money and weeks working on her to get her running. I could have also purchased a 2004 GT mustang or a number of other cars I had looked at too. My dad wanted to sell the chevelle and I saw a good deal. He was going to sell it to someone else for the same price.
I worked hard for that car and I worked hard to get her into decent shape. I then at 20 got a 2007 Toyota Tundra and then sold the chevelle and paid off the tundra and put a down payment on the 2011 5.0 that I still owe on that I got at 22.

But please, tell me how I am bringing you down, because I worked my *** off for what I have and your about to be handed a 30+K car because your doing well in school. I did well in school too. While holding a fulltime job.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
jokes right ? haha c'mon dude don't let a couple Internet comments get you down..... get yourself a nice 2013 5.0 and stick ya tongue out

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I don't know what you expect. You're stepping into a group that has had to work hard for everything they have. My friends all got cars at 16 for free, I got a job and paid for mine. Didn't have my own car until I was 17. I got a good deal but I purchased my dads 1970 chevelle SS 454 that had been sitting in the garage not running for 9 years for 10K by 17. Spent more money and weeks working on her to get her running. I could have also purchased a 2004 GT mustang or a number of other cars I had looked at too. My dad wanted to sell the chevelle and I saw a good deal. He was going to sell it to someone else for the same price.
I worked hard for that car and I worked hard to get her into decent shape. I then at 20 got a 2007 Toyota Tundra and then sold the chevelle and paid off the tundra and put a down payment on the 2011 5.0 that I still owe on that I got at 22.

But please, tell me how I am bringing you down, because I worked my *** off for what I have and your about to be handed a 30+K car because your doing well in school. I did well in school too. While holding a fulltime job.
why does it matter that he can get a car handed to him? that's how life works. she's a ***** until you die. there's really no need to try and bring someone else down because they're fortunate enough to get a car as a reward
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Last thing I have to say....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1251626125.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	91008
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke

jokes right ? haha c'mon dude don't let a couple Internet comments get you down..... get yourself a nice 2013 5.0 and stick ya tongue out

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

why does it matter that he can get a car handed to him? that's how life works. she's a ***** until you die. there's really no need to try and bring someone else down because they're fortunate enough to get a car as a reward
+1
Old 02-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post

I am not trying to bring him down. Teaching him how the world works. He has already come in here and tried to say you can't hold a job and get through school with good grades. Already a few of us have disagreed as we have done it.

Things are always better for those who work for them.

Hell look at the way he justified it. "My friends got xyz cars...so I should too."

If his friends all commit suicide should he do that too?

His logic is so full of holes. Sorry.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

I am not trying to bring him down. Teaching him how the world works. He has already come in here and tried to say you can't hold a job and get through school with good grades. Already a few of us have disagreed as we have done it.

Hell look at the way he justified it. "My friends got xyz cars...so I should too."

I'm 16 work like 30 hour weeks and get straight As and Bs. And that's not what he said at all be was asking a question idk where you live but you thought of the world is a little out of Whack. And your analogy about the suicide is Terrible.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
LOL, first of all your not making it any better by mentioning this. Second, you can't go through life giving a s**t what other people think about you. I was a trouble maker growing up which is probably why I didn't get my first car til I came back from my first tour in Iraq, now 4 combat tours later I can enjoy my 2012 GT. To be honest we are jealous and any one of us would jump at the chance to get one of these cars at16.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Money aside and where you live aside and what your friends drive aside - my only opinion is at 16 to 20 I was just plain stupid...i drove stupid and did stupid things, all along getting great grades and working two jobs.. I drove stupid in a six banger in those days I went thru six cars over four years I can't imagine I would be writing this if at that age I had a 5.0. So you know yourself better than anyone on here and if you can be responsible for yourself and others on the road then go with the 5.0.

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Damn guys!!! All this kid wanted was to get are input on what car to get not are 2 cents on how he is spoiled or not. Yea I worked for my first car and how to split it with my twin brother is was a jeep grand Cherokee (which my twin brother crashed) but anyways giving this kid **** does nothing you think he cares what we think of him? He is a young kid looking for are input on which car to get because we are all love mustangs and should help each other out every chance we get . The way I look at it is idc how he gets the car this will just put one more mustang on the road and help keeping the best car company in business FORD!!!!!!! Lol so for my closing I wish you luck buddy and I hope you have fun in your stang
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The biggest issue most guys have against a 16 year old having a brand new 5.0 is that they believe u won't appreciate it and beat on it... I for one hated schools and didn't get the best grades, but I ALWAYS loved cars and took care of the little beaters i had like a neurotic squirrel. Did I think I deserved a brand new car at the age of 16?? Absolutely!! I never drove like ***hole and took care of these clunkers better than any normal adult would have. Get your new 5.0 and don't worry about what others tell u, just make sure to take care of it, if u don't then I would say u don't deserve it...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Can I put it this way? I skipped my senior year of highschool and went straight to college. Got my 2011 5.0 at 22 and I am 24 now. I am the only one to put a dime towards it.
Good for you!

I dont understand all these negative comments. I had to buy all of my own cars, but Im not hating on someone for getting a 5.0 if their responsible and theyre parents have the $. Would I have been a little jealous at 16? Sure, but it wouldnt make me mad at the owner.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

lol agree. I hate being that guy too, but a first car should never be new and should never be this high powered and personally regardless of the situation the kid can get a summer job. Saying you have school and can't hold a job too is funny. I dunno about everyone else here but I hold a main job that works me 50 hours a week and a secondary job that holds me 20-30 hours a week. Life is going to hit you upside the head hard come college.

last time a thread like this came up it created such a controversy it got closed. I wouldn't be surprised if this one does too.
No offense I didn't have a job till I graduated. Granted I didn't have a new mustang or one with that much power for my first car but when I started college full time I also took over my car payments and got a job it was hardly a hard hit to the head. As long as his parents prepare him and such lets stay out of his personal life and let his life go how it's going to go. Being negative like that has no point other than bringing him down.

I vote wait. It always feels better to wait especially when you get a new 5.0.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I have nothing against this kid dont think your first car should be a 400hp monster but to each his own park away from the dip****s at your school driving moms mini van cause they could give a **** about your new stang personally im 19 and I drive A 2011 5.0 but I also payed for it myself I work rigs for schlumberger and it makes me respect my car 10 times more then if daddy bought it just be safe and good luck
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is about growing up in more ways than one. How much do you even want this car? A bunch of forum posts have you depressed and second guessing a car purchase?

I get it, in your neighborhood people fart hundred dollar bills, so 50k on a first car for Junior is no big deal. That's fine, impersonally don't knock people for doing well in life. I bet there are a couple parents who are making their kids work for it though. THoSE kids are going to appreciate their car a lot more. They will also know the real world and not whine because 'people on the internets are mean!'
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
As some of you have heard or read... My dad and i have been looking for a mustang as my first car. I dont want you guys to make a decision based on my age because I am responsible enough to not go crazy with the cars. I have 2 options..

OPTION 1 - Within 2 weeks get a used 2006-09 v8 mustang and mod it as much as i want.

Or

OPTION 2 - wait til summer (or possibly october) to get a new 2013 mustang gt 5.0 no mods

Id like if you guys can put yourself in my place and give me your opinions on what would be better kn the longrun! Thankyou!
If i had the money i would buy my daughter a new mustang but there would be rules and restrictions. I also had to work hard for mines but wouldnt you want the best for your child? I do.
With that being said i vote 5.0. I have a friend with a 4.6 and he put 15k in it and only has 402 rwhp. With the 5.0 u fart and you have over 400 to the wheels. Wait it out and u wont regret it.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #60
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
If i had the money i would buy my daughter a new mustang but there would be rules and restrictions. I also had to work hard for mines but wouldnt you want the best for your child? I do.
With that being said i vote 5.0. I have a friend with a 4.6 and he put 15k in it and only has 402 rwhp. With the 5.0 u fart and you have over 400 to the wheels. Wait it out and u wont regret it.
There you go.

To everyone,

Judging him is NOT a part of this topic.
I appreciate everyone's input but if this thread doesn't stay on topic, I will have no choice but to close it.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

There you go.

To everyone,

Judging him is NOT a part of this topic.
I appreciate everyone's input but if this thread doesn't stay on topic, I will have no choice but to close it.
Shut it down. These pissing contest are ridiculous.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Shut it down. These pissing contest are ridiculous.
+4
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post

This is about growing up in more ways than one. How much do you even want this car? A bunch of forum posts have you depressed and second guessing a car purchase?

I get it, in your neighborhood people fart hundred dollar bills, so 50k on a first car for Junior is no big deal. That's fine, impersonally don't knock people for doing well in life. I bet there are a couple parents who are making their kids work for it though. THoSE kids are going to appreciate their car a lot more. They will also know the real world and not whine because 'people on the internets are mean!'
+1

Everyone is hating on me because a little spoiled brat is getting depressed over people he doesn't know on the internet. How is he going to survive the jerks of the real world...
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1

Everyone is hating on me because a little spoiled brat is getting depressed over people he doesn't know on the internet. How is he going to survive the jerks of the real world...
+7

Just realized I plus'd your post which plus'd my post. Which Is kinda like plus'ing my own post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didnt say that i should get one because my friends got one

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Close this thread down! All i wanted was some feedback from people that love mustangs as much as i do. I didnt want to cause all these stupid fights! I apologize for anyone i upset.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT