Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have 2 options

4K views 64 replies 31 participants last post by  Redehmption 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you have heard or read... My dad and i have been looking for a mustang as my first car. I dont want you guys to make a decision based on my age because I am responsible enough to not go crazy with the cars. I have 2 options..

OPTION 1 - Within 2 weeks get a used 2006-09 v8 mustang and mod it as much as i want.

Or

OPTION 2 - wait til summer (or possibly october) to get a new 2013 mustang gt 5.0 no mods

Id like if you guys can put yourself in my place and give me your opinions on what would be better kn the longrun! Thankyou!

#9 ·
Definitely wait for the 5.0 it's gonna probably suck not being able to mod it, but its fine its gonna be your 1st car anyway and u should be thankful for it. I would probably suggest staying off ME and not getting bad influences from us :p lol. Who knows, if u play your cards right and work hard enough to be able to mod your new 5.0 and that speaks volumes and u will definitely appreciate your ride more knowing you worked hard to make it what it is even if its minor mods... U have to throw on a pair if axlebacks at least, that's what makes these cars sound like a Mustang

#12 ·
I would go with a new 5.0.. Beleive it or not my buddy had a 4.6L 2008 with a vortech blower on it and its pretty damn fast... I took him for a ride in my stok 5.0 with my Roush axle backs and he couldnt believe the power that came with my 5.0 stock... Mind u his blown 4.6 was still faster but with some bolt ons and a really good tune i could give his blown 4.6 a run for his money and I would still be NA.. IMHO wait for 5.0..... Good things come to those that wait :)

#24 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys! And to let some of you know, i am only 16, id love to start working but i am too busy with school. I am a sophomore on a one way path to a great medical school with my grades. Buying me a car is more of a reward from my father. Im Not getting a car because I'm a "spoiled kid". Also because i have helped my dad sell his building priced at almost 2 mil!

#28 ·
lol agree. I hate being that guy too, but a first car should never be new and should never be this high powered and personally regardless of the situation the kid can get a summer job. Saying you have school and can't hold a job too is funny. I dunno about everyone else here but I hold a main job that works me 50 hours a week and a secondary job that holds me 20-30 hours a week. Life is going to hit you upside the head hard come college.

last time a thread like this came up it created such a controversy it got closed. I wouldn't be surprised if this one does too.

#27 ·
I bought a 2010 and traded it in 6 months later on my 13 5.0

Should've never bought that 4.6....

#29 ·
The only problem with getting such a nice car at a young age is that your expectations get a lot higher the older you get... I can garuntee the next vehicle the young man gets will not be lower then a GT Mustang.... Its better to get a used vehicle as a first car perferably a sh*t box and enjoy it... When i was 16 i drove my dads Jeep TJ which he allowed me to mod as long as it was my money i worked for and i dont care what anyone says every kid should start working at a young age so they no what its like to earn a buck or two... And when i was 19 he signed it over to me... I apreciated that car so much... And when it was finally time to buy my 5.0 at the age of 22 i bought it with my own hard earned money... The best part about my stang is that i bought it on my own and its my name on the ownership...

#30 ·
I say that if your parents are willing buy you a brand new car then by all mean go for it. I had a 7k limit when my grandparents bought my first car as a 16th bday present, which is badass, and found a awesome mustang. I learned how to work on cars with that car and drive this absolute **** out of it. Moral of the story is now that I have the car I do now I appreciate it A LOT cause I know what it's like to have no air in dead if summer if anybody knows what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.