Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Replace wheel bearing/hub?

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Uncoolron 
#1 ·
Anyone had to replace this? I can hear mine grinding and making noise. Time to replace I think. Anyone else go through this?

#5 ·
Are you talking front or rear...? The job is significantly different depending on the end you're working on. Not difficult, either way but, different.

#7 ·
Much easier. It's a straightforward job, if that is indeed the problem.

I haven't looked specifically but, if it's like every other American made since Ben Hur rode chariot it's pretty easy.

Pull the wheel, pull the caliper and hang it out of the way, pop the dust cap, undo the spindle nut and pull the outer bearing and rotor, pop/pry the back bearing out, pack the new ones with grease and put them in, torque the spindle nut til you get drag and back off a quarter turn and put everything back on. Job done.

#9 ·
If the car's under warranty, I'd just see if Ford'll do it for you. Can't hurt to ask. Frankly, I'm pretty surprised you're having issues with this, unless you smacked a curb at some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.