Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rear seat delete

9K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Yellow50 
#1 ·
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Hood

Passengers? Ain't nobody got time for that!
Anyone know about how much weight that saves me? I think the American Muscle kit advertises around 40lbs. It's definitely alot more cabin noise but I don't listen to the radio anyway haha. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#9 ·
View attachment 90936

Anyone know about how much weight that saves me? I think the American Muscle kit advertises around 40lbs. It's definitely alot more cabin noise but I don't listen to the radio anyway haha. What do you guys think?
This is one of the first things I did to my Mach1! Dieting is just as important as power mods because your power to weight ratio is better. Our kit will save you about 40LBs and will help get rid of the added road noise you're experiencing right now with nothing back there!

Be careful with getting something custom made. Depending on the design, material etc... they use it could end up being just as heavy as your back seat! That's why we use a light weight material.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

#11 ·
That is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever seen done to a mustang that's not a boss 302 Laguna. It's 40 pounds? That's not going to help at all maybe a .1 second on the 1/4. What happens if you absolutely need more passenger then your going to realize that 40 lbs wasn't worth that stupid kit from AM ( I'm sure it's a great product because its from AM) but its just pointless

#15 ·
Ive taken about 200lbs off my car and 30 - 40 lbs is absolutly everything when it comes to going FAST.....and who the heck wants a car load of people?? all I need is my woman and she is all smiles when that baby is opened up!!!

#18 ·
aluminum ds, and flywheel, rims tires, exhaust, rear seat and seat belts, aluminum rad support, bmr lower front a arms, battery in trunk, aluminum pully, rear lca's and last but not least emptied the windshield washer reservoir, that alone was over 8lbs...there are lots of ways but thats about all I can do..

#19 ·
exhaust alone was i think 40 lbs lighter with no cats, and rims and tires were 6lbs apiece lighter

#21 ·
and spare tire, jack carpet..another 30-40 lbs, it doesnt take long when u think about it...

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

no problem, i will say this,...the more you take the more it rides like a lumber wagon and makes noise....I love having a race car on the street, dont mind the noise at ALL but some people hate it, I do all my work and knew what i wanted to accomplish before i bought the car, and let me tell you when people get in my car they are very shocked at how fast the old girl can go...with no s/c

#27 ·
I would love the x-brace but man they are spendy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.