Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2012 Mustang GT Diff leak

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kaper232 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 GT 6MT with 3.31 gears. I recently took it in to my local dealership (Fritt's Ford Riverside, CA) as my diff was leaking and spotting my driveway again. It looked as if the vent on the driver's side was leaking soaking everything once again. I do admit I drive the car as I 'thought' it was meant to be driven. Apparently, after hauling ass the fluid heats up and spews fluid out of the driver's side vent. I noticed a leak from the diff last summer, my suspension, wheels, and tires were stock, the dealership replaced the driver's side vent and fluid and the car was back to normal. Shortly after, I installed Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, RTR wheels, and Toyo Proxes T1 Sports. My car was fine until recently when I noticed the infamous leak again. The dealer checked out my car and they just informed me that Ford denied a warranty repair as I have lowering springs and that changed the pinion angle causing the fluid to heat up and spew out of the vent. That does sound somewhat true but to what extent? There's thousands of folks out there with coilovers or lowering springs that I'm sure have had the same problem but weren't denied a warranty repair. What have you guys done to fix the leak issue? Replace the vent with a turkey baster vent? Your comments, suggestions, help, is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I have the same problem with the vent tube seeping out gear lube (lowered as well). My fix will be extending the vent tube with some fuel line. Works for my 4x4 don't see why it wouldn't work on the car.

Attachments

#4 ·
They are sticking it to you but unfortunately you may have no recourse. If you have a catback the turkey baster fix will rub on the exhaust and just melt. One thing guys don't realize is the differentials tend to be overfilled on these cars from the factory. Simply draining out a little can remedy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.