New AM wheel option and a widening ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
New AM wheel option and a widening ?

My friend has a 07 GT500, so he got the newest 05-09 catalog from AM in the mail. The catalog has replica 2013 GT500 wheels, charcoal, or gloss black, for under $200 depending on size. These wheels are not on the website, and not in the 10-13 catalog...

I called today and they said they will be available within a month. Just thought some people would like to know that.

Does anybody know if I will be able to widen these in 18" to an 11" width without issue. I have adjustable lowering if that helps.
2013 GB GT MT- Track Pack, Recaros. Whipple 2.3, JLT CAI, VMP 3x Pass HE, 170 TSTAT, Flowmaster Outlaw/RTR AB, Magnaflow Tru X, SCT ITSX, Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, Axle Exchange Alum. D.S.,BMR Loop, SOS Dual W/ Aeroforce Duals, Boss Steering Wheel, Gt500 Shift Boot, Gt500 Spoiler, MMD Louvers and Hood Struts, Fays2, 3DCarbon Rear Diffuser, DBA Rotors, MGW Shifter, Forgestar CF5s
Tapakegovagnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
You may have to roll your fenders... I know they will work on the 99-04 but i'm not entirely sure about how much space your car has in the wheel well.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, thanks for the input.

Here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-342216151.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	91272  
2013 GB GT MT- Track Pack, Recaros. Whipple 2.3, JLT CAI, VMP 3x Pass HE, 170 TSTAT, Flowmaster Outlaw/RTR AB, Magnaflow Tru X, SCT ITSX, Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, Axle Exchange Alum. D.S.,BMR Loop, SOS Dual W/ Aeroforce Duals, Boss Steering Wheel, Gt500 Shift Boot, Gt500 Spoiler, MMD Louvers and Hood Struts, Fays2, 3DCarbon Rear Diffuser, DBA Rotors, MGW Shifter, Forgestar CF5s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey guys, the 2013 GT500 wheels are available to order immediately. They're actually live on the site as of yesterday, so sorry for the confusion!

Please note that the charcoal comes with the chrome AmericanMuscle cap and not the gloss black cap, though. We'll have that fixed on the site shortly!

Now, we do have people running a 10" in the front and back. It's a +45 offset, so it'll stick out about 15mm, but if that's okay with you, they'll work. Of course, it's not our recommended size, but we do know that it works and people are currently running the squared setup with our AMR's, as well.

You can check out the new AmericanMuscle 2013 GT500 Style Wheels here!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

They are on the site now...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...8x10-0513.html

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Will the 18x9s clear brembos?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Thanks guys just ordered a set today!!
Nichg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichg View Post
Thanks guys just ordered a set today!!
Post pics when you get those suckers on, they might become more popular than the AMR wheels
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Was just about to order the AMR wheels and then I saw this thread and was so excited! So glad I waited. And I will definitely post pics once I get them on!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Was just about to order the AMR wheels and then I saw this thread and was so excited! So glad I waited. And I will definitely post pics once I get them on!
I still like the AMR slightly more, but since you are gonna be first, maybe your pictures will push me over the edge!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Hey guys, the 2013 GT500 wheels are available to order immediately. They're actually live on the site as of yesterday, so sorry for the confusion!

Please note that the charcoal comes with the chrome AmericanMuscle cap and not the gloss black cap, though. We'll have that fixed on the site shortly!

Now, we do have people running a 10" in the front and back. It's a +45 offset, so it'll stick out about 15mm, but if that's okay with you, they'll work. Of course, it's not our recommended size, but we do know that it works and people are currently running the squared setup with our AMR's, as well.

You can check out the new AmericanMuscle 2013 GT500 Style Wheels here!
Can you tell me how much they weigh?
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So my wheels where supposed to be here today

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

But AM messed up and didn't even send them

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

So I called and they sent out a set but gotta wait a little longer
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So my wheels where supposed to be here today

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

But AM messed up and didn't even send them

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

So I called and they sent out a set but gotta wait a little longer
It's okay, I live an hour and forty minutes from AM, they shipped my order monday, since it was president's day I'm sure nothing happened from USPS til tuesday, it is Friday and USPS has only moved it an hour closer.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

But I ordered the cdc performance grill and that came along with my lug nuts lol. But one quick call and they sent the rims out today, I'm impressed with there customer Service
Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

It's okay, I live an hour and forty minutes from AM, they shipped my order monday, since it was president's day I'm sure nothing happened from USPS til tuesday, it is Friday and USPS has only moved it an hour closer.
Really? They shipped out my caster camber plates Monday morning and I got them Tuesday.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'm up in Canada so it takes about 4 days to get what I order
Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Really? They shipped out my caster camber plates Monday morning and I got them Tuesday.
They are here now. But yes, they are in Malvern, PA right? That's an hour and twenty minutes away from me. AM shipped them Monday. USPS first shipped them to philly, which is further away but I'm sure had to be done based on how they ship. Then it took 48 hours to go from Philadelphia to Reading which an hour and twenty minutes apart. So it took from Monday when they left AM to Friday afternoon for my splash guards to travel 70 miles to my house haha
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
They are here now. But yes, they are in Malvern, PA right? That's an hour and twenty minutes away from me. AM shipped them Monday. USPS first shipped them to philly, which is further away but I'm sure had to be done based on how they ship. Then it took 48 hours to go from Philadelphia to Reading which an hour and twenty minutes apart. So it took from Monday when they left AM to Friday afternoon for my splash guards to travel 70 miles to my house haha
that is crazy. I just looked and they are 546miles from my house. But what might be my saving factor is UPS's largest shipping hub in the entire country sits about an hour an half from my house.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

that is crazy. I just looked and they are 546miles from my house. But what might be my saving factor is UPS's largest shipping hub in the entire country sits about an hour an half from my house.
My problem is that I ordered something that fits in a padded envelope and got stuck with USPS. I will make sure to order something bigger next time and get UPS haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT