quick question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
quick question

Well I resereved my spot wit kurgan motorsports and they are going to give me a nice tune and install a gear . But was wondering 373 or 410. I have a 6 speed manual
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
diego302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riverside
Region: California
Posts: 27
What will you be using your car for? Drag,Time Attack, DD? What tires are you running in the rear?
diego302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego302 View Post
What will you be using your car for? Drag,Time Attack, DD? What tires are you running in the rear?
also do you ever plan to go FI of any kind?
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
My vote 3.73
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Well I resereved my spot wit kurgan motorsports and they are going to give me a nice tune and install a gear . But was wondering 373 or 410. I have a 6 speed manual
Badass man kurgan is a great shop and local for me. Get there early and you'll most Likely see some racecars on the dyno
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Its a DD. I probly wont do FI . im running stock tires [brembo package] ..man I heard Kurgan s the man.A good friend of mine told me to go there and my friend has a high performance shop Also so that means alot
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
DD, I'd say 3.73's. what gear do you have now?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
I have 3.73's. as long as you don't highway drive to much they are perfect but at 80 the rpms are at the loudest possible point for the exhaust so drone is terrible.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
I have 3.73's. as long as you don't highway drive to much they are perfect but at 80 the rpms are at the loudest possible point for the exhaust so drone is terrible.
disagree. My car with 3.73 gears has always had worse drone at 60-65 than 80. 80 is far quieter.

this car seems to have the worst drone at 2K RPMs which hits in right about 60-65 on 3.73 gears.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

disagree. My car with 3.73 gears has always had worse drone at 60-65 than 80. 80 is far quieter.

this car seems to have the worst drone at 2K RPMs which hits in right about 60-65 on 3.73 gears.
In 6th? I'm right around 2k rpm at 80. I have the 3.73 package from ford

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

In 6th? I'm right around 2k rpm at 80. I have the 3.73 package from ford
I know it's been about a month sense I've had my car in the highway so maybe I'm just not remember right
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
DD, I'd say 3.73's. what gear do you have now?
331

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
I have 3.73's. as long as you don't highway drive to much they are perfect but at 80 the rpms are at the loudest possible point for the exhaust so drone is terrible.
I have Roush AB u still think it will drone

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

In 6th? I'm right around 2k rpm at 80. I have the 3.73 package from ford

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------



I know it's been about a month sense I've had my car in the highway so maybe I'm just not remember right
U sure I have 31s and that's where im at
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

331

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------



I have Roush AB u still think it will drone
It drones for me but you can hear the radio over it so its not bad even if it does. I have a xpipe and pypes super system with the mid mufflers taken out so drone is a given haha

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I'm probably way off like I said its been a good amount of time sense I've even had my car going that fast. Ill go out tomm to see.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
In 6th? I'm right around 2k rpm at 80. I have the 3.73 package from ford

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------



I know it's been about a month sense I've had my car in the highway so maybe I'm just not remember right
lol yes 6th...no 7th gear lol. . I have the 3.73 FRPP gears and 2K RPMS is somewhere between 60-65. 80 sits closer to like 2150. Maybe slightly higher. I drive the highway 80 mins a day 3-4 days a week. I drive it at 80, I promise you this is how it is.

Also When I had the Roush and O/R X that were droning really badly, I learned that the drone was at 2K and learned to just speed and drive 80 because 80 was quiet. Now that I have the Borla S-Types and no drone period at all it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
331

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------



I have Roush AB u still think it will drone
if you don't have an O/R X or H pipe the Roush really don't drone at all, don't even think twice about that. If your going to add an O/R X or H they will drone BAD at 2K RPMs. Then again a lot of muffler delete ones do. I switched to the Borla S-Types because the drone with the O/R X was so bad I had to scream to talk to the other person in the car.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

331

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------



I have Roush AB u still think it will drone

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------



U sure I have 31s and that's where im at
From 3.31's to 3.73's you're not gonna feel too much of a difference. On paper it'll be faster and your fuel consumption will increase but 4.10's would be too harsh for a DD. Have you thought about 3.90's? I still think that's too much for highway driving but you'll notice the difference.

Eh, you'd probably be better off with the 3.73's.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

From 3.31's to 3.73's you're not gonna feel too much of a difference. On paper it'll be faster and your fuel consumption will increase but 4.10's would be too harsh for a DD. Have you thought about 3.90's? I still think that's too much for highway driving but you'll notice the difference.

Eh, you'd probably be better off with the 3.73's.
Disagree. I went 3.31 to 3.73 and it was a huge difference. Whole new car. Not a small change at all.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Nosympathy us right. Went for a quick drive its not 2k rpm
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Disagree. I went 3.31 to 3.73 and it was a huge difference. Whole new car. Not a small change at all.
Thats wat I been hearing and I know from experience that I will feel a big difference loo
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #18
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Disagree. I went 3.31 to 3.73 and it was a huge difference. Whole new car. Not a small change at all.
I've driven my buddy's '12 5.0 with 3.31's and it really didn't feel that much slower to me. I'm no expert, just sharing my experience with them.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
3.73s no question. I went from 3.55s to 3.73s and love the change. Very noticeable. You'll love them. Good luck.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #20
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
3.73s no question. I went from 3.55s to 3.73s and love the change. Very noticeable. You'll love them. Good luck.
Dang I figured 3.55 to 3.73 would be even less of a difference vs. 3.31 to 3.73?

I guess I'm numb in the *** because I can't feel the difference. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

Dang I figured 3.55 to 3.73 would be even less of a difference vs. 3.31 to 3.73?

I guess I'm numb in the *** because I can't feel the difference. Lol
I couldn't imagine this car with 3.31s. She'd be a dog down low. Don't get me wrong? The change wasn't huge. But it was enough to notice and make her feel more balanced.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

I couldn't imagine this car with 3.31s. She'd be a dog down low. Don't get me wrong? The change wasn't huge. But it was enough to notice and make her feel more balanced.
Doing my lca and relo brackets made a huge difference with 3.31, can't imagine what it's gonna be like switching to 3.73
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Doing my lca and relo brackets made a huge difference with 3.31, can't imagine what it's gonna be like switching to 3.73
You'll love it.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

I've driven my buddy's '12 5.0 with 3.31's and it really didn't feel that much slower to me. I'm no expert, just sharing my experience with them.
Might have been driving the car day in and day out for 9 months then switching gears that made it so noticeable. My 2007 tundra was faster off the line when I had 3.31 gears. Now the tundra feels slow.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #25
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Might have been driving the car day in and day out for 9 months then switching gears that made it so noticeable. My 2007 tundra was faster off the line when I had 3.31 gears. Now the tundra feels slow.
Yeah, you're probably right. I've only driven his car once and now that I think of it, he may have had 3.51's. lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I currently have 2:73 gears in my 11 pony and am going to install 3:73 gears. I can't imagine how big of a difference that will be. Feel like a different vehicle .
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
What do u need to install gears? Do i need to buy bering and gasket and the whole deal or just the gears and the oil??? Thinking of going to 4.10 till i get the blower.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Just the gear
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
What do u need to install gears? Do i need to buy bering and gasket and the whole deal or just the gears and the oil??? Thinking of going to 4.10 till i get the blower.
At minimum, gears, oil and shims.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
I just put my baby in the shop. I miss her already but she going to be a new woman when she come home and ima ride the **** out of her lol
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I just put my baby in the shop. I miss her already but she going to be a new woman when she come home and ima ride the **** out of her lol
How long is the install going to take?
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
He said I shoud have it back today but im thinking tomorrow .I dropped it of monday afternoon
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
He said I shoud have it back today but im thinking tomorrow .I dropped it of monday afternoon
Guessing they are backed up? Or taking there time which is good. My shop did it in about 4 hours. Then again they only work on mustangs. That is why I was kinda surprised. Then again I've never swapped gears before so no vast data to compare too.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Guessing they are backed up? Or taking there time which is good. My shop did it in about 4 hours. Then again they only work on mustangs. That is why I was kinda surprised. Then again I've never swapped gears before so no vast data to compare too.
If ther not backed up, they don't know what ther doing. 4hrs is plenty of time to do it right.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Just picked her up .I caint get on it yet but I feel the difference
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.