TrackPak Oil ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
...at some point your going to go to a different dealer.

Right now it just seems like you like drama. Two dealers by me would never do that. I take my tuned car with O/R X and everything there for oil changes and checkup and neither one has cared at all.
I like Drama Thats Ridiculious
let me knock some common sense in ya

First ANY dealer is gonna run the Vin # and Find that it has a service case on it from Ford, meaning All labor and or Parts is paper trailed to the car . Ford is in charge once a warranty case # is opened, Not the Dealer. At that point, its out of their (dealers) hand !

Secound of all, Going in for an Oil change is NOT the same as a Warranty Repair, Iam sure this dealer wouldnt give a Squat, what I did to the car as long as what ever iam doing to it, is Paid by Me and NOT Them $$

Big Diffrence !!!!
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post

First ANY dealer is gonna run the Vin # and Find that it has a service case on it from Ford, meaning All labor and or Parts is paper trailed to the car . Ford is in charge once a warranty case # is opened, Not the Dealer. At that point, its out of their (dealers) hand !

Secound of all, Going in for an Oil change is NOT the same as a Warranty Repair, Iam sure this dealer wouldnt give a Squat, what I did to the car as long as what ever iam doing to it, is Paid by Me and NOT Them $$

Big Diffrence !!!!
If I walked in and told my dealer to put 5w50 in my car they would do it. They honestly don't care. They know a lot about cars and even hold Mustang only car shows a few times during the year.

You can't say the same for yours.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Big Diffrence !!!!
That's not entirely true.... When I bought my old ranger from Pines Ford in Pembroke Pines, Fl, it was used with 11,000 miles on it. I had the remainder of the warranty on it and about 6 months into owning it and before I could mod it too much ( only had 33" mudding tires) the tranny completely blew out the first gear, no fault of my own or anything. I went back, Pines ford looked and said I had chipped the car, (complete Bull****, as I couldn't afford it yet) they "Voided" my warranty. And wanted $1200 to fix it.... The next day I made an appointment with Sawgrass Ford and brought it in on the third day, Sawgrass fixed it under warranty and said nothing about a chip.... No paper trail 3 days later! The dealership is going to get paid one way or another, whether by you or Ford Motor Company. The dealer is just basically a franchise, hence the different names of different dealers. Most don't care where the money comes from, but some do like to make their customers pay out of pocket. Those are typically the ones who have the worst customer service ratings and haven't win any awards.... Go figure Sawgrass Ford has outperformed Pines Ford since opening.....
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
That's not entirely true.... When I bought my old ranger from Pines Ford in Pembroke Pines, Fl, it was used with 11,000 miles on it. I had the remainder of the warranty on it and about 6 months into owning it and before I could mod it too much ( only had 33" mudding tires) the tranny completely blew out the first gear, no fault of my own or anything. I went back, Pines ford looked and said I had chipped the car, (complete Bull****, as I couldn't afford it yet) they "Voided" my warranty. And wanted $1200 to fix it.... The next day I made an appointment with Sawgrass Ford and brought it in on the third day, Sawgrass fixed it under warranty and said nothing about a chip.... No paper trail 3 days later! The dealership is going to get paid one way or another, whether by you or Ford Motor Company. The dealer is just basically a franchise, hence the different names of different dealers. Most don't care where the money comes from, but some do like to make their customers pay out of pocket. Those are typically the ones who have the worst customer service ratings and haven't win any awards.... Go figure Sawgrass Ford has outperformed Pines Ford since opening.....

I think you got lucky ?

Iam getting info once Ford opens a Warranty case # on Any Vehicle, That rap sheet follows it for life and Any dealer pulling up the Vin # will be directed To Fords Warranty Department for any directives regardng that vehicle. You probally left in time, before they had a chanch to open a case # and enter your vehicle into Fords Warranty data base

Currently Their now checking the Cam lash finger bolts
for loosning as issued under a TSB, for silmiliar ticking complaints

Fine with me
Thats More Miles on Their loaner and less on Mine $$

At the rate their going
I might Have a Brand New Mustang in 2014
at 2013 prices,
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I will guarantee ford will black list any vin they decide is not theirs to fix.

Just dropped another $3200 on our black listed f550 at work...$2000 last feb, $4000 that jan, etc.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I will guarantee ford will black list any vin they decide is not theirs to fix.

Just dropped another $3200 on our black listed f550 at work...$2000 last feb, $4000 that jan, etc.

Yep
True dat

Once your Vin # is in The System
NO Dealer can bail you out !
or deviate Fords Warranty Juristiction

And If they feel your dealer shopping for an unwarrented repair, Ford can shut that down real quick or that dealer will loose their licence.

Good thing I got the extended warranty which issues a loaner with Unlimited miles till my Mustang is released by Fords Warranty Department as repaired $$

I still get to work everyday, still do my weekend thang
But on their dime with their car, their brakes, and their tires
Not to mention, its a Hatchback and does come in handy at Home Depot (lol)
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

ITS FIXED
Ford Did A TSB on the CAM CAP BOLTS to be Re Torqued

And NO they did NOT change the oil
Drove it ALL weekend and NO Ticking
~~~~
~~~~

Anbody hear of this problem before ?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Do you have the TSB number?
Nichg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Crazy story trackpak mine is a 2013 gt t track pack car with 6000 mi at all american ford in old bridge nj getting its motor replaced it had a tap from 1000 mi took it two a few places 1 dealer was a horror story and a half, anyways took the bottom end apart and found cylinder 2 bearing was scorned pretty bad I got approved for a long block today 2/27 car went in 2 weeks ago now its a few week to get my new motor x_x
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Any details on the tsb would be greatly appreciated
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apod91 View Post
Crazy story trackpak mine is a 2013 gt t track pack car with 6000 mi at all american ford in old bridge nj getting its motor replaced it had a tap from 1000 mi took it two a few places 1 dealer was a horror story and a half, anyways took the bottom end apart and found cylinder 2 bearing was scorned pretty bad I got approved for a long block today 2/27 car went in 2 weeks ago now its a few week to get my new motor x_x

That Sucks, And I thought, I was in Stang Hell ?
Ill ask the service tech what the TSB was for my Repair
and Post it

Car absolutely Hauls *** Now, Much smoother and not as jerky at idle,
Looks like all GT should have their cam caps re tightened, seems to have a very important function with the cam timing

But then being only a base GT 300a without all that weight adding premium junk, extra wires, computers, Sync, super heavy power seats
( i got the lighter cloth manual Recaros )
No shaker stereo with those extra speakered door panels and etc, Plus NO spare tire or rim (that was extra) WTF ?
Easily shaves 100 lbs off the car.

The tech that test drove it after the repair, sez its as fast as any Stock Boss They've had in

And thats not even with the Ford Racing Power Pack thats going in
with the GT Muffs at the first oil change at 5000 miles

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~

And ALL under Warranty
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:

That Sucks, And I thought, I was in Stang Hell ?
Ill ask the service tech what the TSB was for my Repair
and Post it

Car absolutely Hauls *** Now, Much smoother and not as jerky at idle,
Looks like all GT should have their cam caps re tightened, seems to have a very important function with the cam timing

But then being only a base GT 300a without all that weight adding premium junk, extra wires, computers, Sync, super heavy power seats
( i got the lighter cloth manual Recaros )
No shaker stereo with those extra speakered door panels and etc, Plus NO spare tire or rim (that was extra) WTF ?
Easily shaves 100 lbs off the car.

The tech that test drove it after the repair, sez its as fast as any Stock Boss They've had in

And thats not even with the Ford Racing Power Pack thats going in
with the GT Muffs at the first oil change at 5000 miles

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~

And ALL under Warranty
Premium junk?? Seriously

You have a very special car man.. Good luck with it ... Looks like your going to need it!!
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

Premium junk?? Seriously

You have a very special car man.. Good luck with it ... Looks like your going to need it!!
He just wants to whine and cry over nothing. He should have gotten a hybrid.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
Premium junk?? Seriously

Actually it really is a very Limited order car
Heres why ?

NO DEALER can Order a BASE GT with a trackpak
it must be a Premium optioned car only

Ford Mandates that a Customer order must be attached to ANY base 300a with the trackpak. and can NOT be included with a dealers lot invoice.

This is because Ford is LOOSING Money on the car unless they
add the $4000 premium option to the cost to balance out the trackpaks parts.

Try and find a Base GT with a Trackpak
They maybe made 100 of them because Ford only sold them as stripped down models to be bought by tuner dealers that were looking for perfomance based GT's without all the Premium profit making items that dealers mark up

Ford and their dealers make a killing on Premium optioned cars
They make Nothing when a base GT is sold with Brembo Brakes,19 inch rims with P 'zeros a Boss oil cooler a Boss Radiator and The Boss Torsen limited slip
packaged at HALF the price if sold seperately as independent options, and without including the $4000 premium option charge.
Not too mention Their the LIGHTEST GT Mustangs you can buy.

They are Very Special Cars
And were built for only one reason

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~
~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:

Actually it really is a very Limited order car
Heres why ?

NO DEALER can Order a BASE GT with a trackpak
it must be a Premium optioned car only

Ford Mandates that a Customer order must be attached to ANY base 300a with the trackpak. and can NOT be included with a dealers lot invoice.

This is because Ford is LOOSING Money on the car unless they
add the $4000 premium option to the cost to balance out the trackpaks parts.

Try and find a Base GT with a Trackpak
They maybe made 100 of them because Ford only sold them as stripped down models to be bought by tuner dealers that were looking for perfomance based GT's without all the Premium profit making items that dealers mark up

Ford and their dealers make a killing on Premium optioned cars
They make Nothing when a base GT is sold with Brembo Brakes,19 inch rims with P 'zeros a Boss oil cooler a Boss Radiator and The Boss Torsen limited slip
packaged at HALF the price if sold seperately as independent options, and without including the $4000 premium option charge.
Not too mention Their the LIGHTEST GT Mustangs you can buy.

They are Very Special Cars
And were built for only one reason

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~
~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~
Ok let's take that special car of yours as is.. And I will take my GT/CS premium junk with less than 1000 miles on it to the drag strip!! I would walk all over that LIGHTEST GT mustang special that you got.

It's not a Boss or a GT 500 man. It just a base mustang that needs a lot of upgrade!! Get over it..
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris

Ok let's take that special car of yours as is.. And I will take my GT/CS premium junk with less than 1000 miles on it to the drag strip!! I would walk all over that LIGHTEST GT mustang special that you got.

It's not a Boss or a GT 500 man. It just a base mustang that needs a lot of upgrade!! Get over it..
Lol, I'll be your huckleberry .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Lol, I'll be your huckleberry .
be interesting to see how many people get that movie reference.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Driving around all week without the radio becauseof this damn thread. How loud would this be?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT