Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pirelli Zero Nero are Toast!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
Just got oil changed and tires rotated. Found out my Pirreli pzero Nero are needing to be replaced. Going with Hancock Ventus V12 size 275/40/r19.
In looking at the tires I am getting uneven wear from the inside of the tire. No tread showing on inner tire. Dealer recommends an alignment after install in which I totally agree with.

How many of y'all have experience such uneven tire wear before New tires. Is this a characteristic of Pirellis or is the car out of alignment? I never knew this was occurring as car tracks down the road without pulling. Again not complaining about getting aligned. However, in all the cars I have owned I have never seen this much uneven tire wear. Are Mustangs notorious for frequent realigning? I can't remember hitting any craters in the road to put the car out of alignment? I also got 30,000 miles out of them which is pretty good considering other members comments about Pirellis.

#2 ·
I wouldn't think that uneven wear would be a characteristic of the tire. My guess is that yes your car is out of alignment or possibly you have too much camber? Was this wear showing on all the tires or just the front or just the rears.

#4 ·
Wear is showing uneven on all four tires. I rotate every 5000 miles. Nothing mentioned on previous visit

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Sounds like they were overinflated.
If anything my tires are always found to be underinflated when I get rotated at the dealer. They also follow recomendations on the drivers door.

#8 ·
Burning up the inside edge of the fronts is a Mustang characteristic back to Foxbody days. It's not a camber issue. It's primarily stresses from the caster angle and ackerman, neither of which you can adjust.

I can see it starting on my 2012 BBP car. The Pzero summers are showing wear on the inside, with 12,000 kilometers on the car. IDC, I'll put something else on. Personally, I feel the V12 Evo, great tire that it is, has too soft a carcass for a car of this weight and power. I will put on Nitto Invos when the time comes.

#11 ·
I think you'll chew through the V12 pretty quick, too, in a car of the Mustang's weight and power. I had them on my 300 horse Speed 3. They transformed the car for the better but they were a pretty pliable carcass for a high performance tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.