Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Road trip?

4K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  99ford 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be driving from Boston MA to Miami FL, then returning Boston for a week in March. Have any of you drive your mustang for such long trip? should i rent an economy car?
We have two people, my car is 13 GT with 6000 miles on it.

#13 ·
Any recommendations? This is my first time to FL. I would like to see some natural scenery!

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Man roll up in miami in the stang man f*ck the corolla
Lol I love to drive my stang, but I need to consider the cost as well lol

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

I live in west palm beach if your cruising through on a Saturday they'res a lot of shows...
Thx! I also want to find some animals! Lol

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Ive been to tampa, clewiston and the keys, all 3 to 4 hr trips and loooooove going in my stang!
Tampa, I always receive emails from Tampa university ! Haha I know it's a really beautiful place

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

You have the best road trip car in the history of creation and you want to swap it out for a ****box for a road trip? :eek:

You can easily close in on 30 on the highway in a 5.0 if you're real gentle and it'll still out torque the Toyota on 1mm throttle depression.
Right. I reached 27 when moved from Iowa to Boston.

#11 ·
You have the best road trip car in the history of creation and you want to swap it out for a ****box for a road trip? :eek:

You can easily close in on 30 on the highway in a 5.0 if you're real gentle and it'll still out torque the Toyota on 1mm throttle depression.

#26 ·
I live in Canada and have put my car away for the winter. I am going insane not driving it. I am dream about driving it when I sleep. I honestly think I am going insane. I wish I was in Miami.

#25 ·
Take the Corolla you'll love it. Just think of all the looks your going to get when they see two dudes in a Corolla in Miami. Awesome wish I was in your shoes. No doubt I'd take the rental car over my stang. Just think of all the money you'll save. You could be spending that money on manicures, rainbow umbrellas and candle light dinners for you and your friend.

#31 ·
Drove from El Paso TX to San Diego and then El Paso to Houston TX. No problems. Nothing like a road trip to really get to know the car. Have a blast!

#32 ·
I just drove 725 miles in one day this past Monday. The car felt great even in some really bad weather. Go for it - don't rent a Corolla. The Mustang makes a great road car - that is my main reason for getting it. Plus the trunk is big and the seats are comfortable. Put the steering in "comfort" mode and cruise away!

#35 ·
I've gone on a couple of road trips!! From KC to Texas, and one to Arkansas!! On the hiway the stang would get excellent mpg! Aroind a average of 28-30 mpg! I have 2012 GT WITH a 93 race tune and 3:73 gears! Take the stang.... Nothing better than a road trip in a nice looking mustang

#39 ·
There is no way you will save money or even come close to breaking even on a rental...

Do some math and drive the car you're already paying for

#41 ·
I'm sue the OP has his reasons for even considering a rental... And I don't think it was to save $$ apparently he is concerned with his car being new and putting it thru a road trip could add more wear on his car than he would want right now. Long trips will definitely trash your front nose, but I personally would love to take my car to Miami especially this time of year, what i would do to prevent that is lay some blue painters tape over your bumper, front tip of hood, mirrors, and maybe the A-pillar. Might look silly but it's definitely peace of mind especially going 85+ for such a long time nonstop and comes off in a snap w/o leaving residue when u get there, and do the same on the trip back.

#44 ·
gtstyles2 said:
I'm sue the OP has his reasons for even considering a rental... And I don't think it was to save $$ apparently he is concerned with his car being new and putting it thru a road trip could add more wear on his car than he would want right now. Long trips will definitely trash your front nose, but I personally would love to take my car to Miami especially this time of year, what i would do to prevent that is lay some blue painters tape over your bumper, front tip of hood, mirrors, and maybe the A-pillar. Might look silly but it's definitely peace of mind especially going 85+ for such a long time nonstop and comes off in a snap w/o leaving residue when u get there, and do the same on the trip back.
Visqueen also works good on the nose plus it's invisible.

#45 ·
Just got some product for road trips called EZ Shield.

Looks like packing tape but the adhesive wont damage automotive paint. Applied just like you are using shipping tape on a box!

Can be kept on for up to three weeks.

I'll be trying it out on a long trip in a few months.

$20 for a roll that will be able to cover my front fascia/front of the hood/mirrors at least 3 times is cheap protection and is completely clear.

Way cheaper than a custom bra (I can't find anything for a Roush front end).

#53 ·
Dude, do you know how much it would suck when you're cruising in Miami, windows down, ocean in your sight, girls in bikinis, and you look down to find you're driving a Toyota! That would bug me all trip when you go to punch it and it's not at all what you're expecting! I hate putting a lot of miles on too, but it's a car. Have fun with it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.