Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Muffler deletes!

22K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Boomdizzle 
#1 ·
At the muffler shop now, getting the mufflers deleted.. Had them remove the mufflers and start it up for me, first impressions is that it's goin to be loud! A screamer! We will see when he puts the tips back on and I run it around for a few what I think.. He tried selling me some flow masters, but will wait on those for now..

#5 ·
I'm glad your happy with the muffler deletes. Common complaints with deleting the mufflers is the tone being too raspy and not very pure. That's why Pypes developed the Pype Bomb axle-back. They're a muffler delete that helps clean up the exhaust tone, but still keeping the volume.

I thought I would suggest these for you in case you're interested down the road. Until then, enjoy the new exhaust!

Shane

#8 ·
All I have is the resonators with Magnaflow comp serious which are just tips that go were your axle back mufflers go, and it's a deep tone at ideal, but get loud with a deep tone when getting on the gas! Compliments on the sound all the time about how badass my car sounds!!!! I love the set up!!

#15 ·
Took mine off just for fun. Loved it, just got louder when you got on it. I loved it! Only prob was there is no hangers throughout the nod pipe so it banged up and down a bit even after putting hangers in the end of the pipe. Prob gonna buy the Pypes resonated muffler delete with a offroad X!

#18 ·
Mines not a dd so I play when I get a chance in mine. I love the sound of no mufflers, I will get it on the high way and see what it's like. I was interested in the roush but the 150 for the muffler delete makes my wallet feel better

#19 ·
Deleted mine 2 years ago. Only regret comes from the neighbors when I head to the gym at 6am :/ lol been pulled over in Cali about 7 times since and exhaust has never come up as an issue.

#adolescence

#26 ·
So muffler deletes woundnt void the
Warranty and there emission legal correct?
Well yeah. They only replace the back part of the exhaust and all they do is take the mufflers and replace them with just 2.75" piping.

Plus if you don't weld them on they can be removed and the stock exhaust reatatched.

They won't change your emissions just sound levels. It is removing the cats or high flow cats or doing LT headers that change emissions.

#32 ·
I had the Pype Bombs on my '06 before I sold them and got the Violators. The muffler deletes definitely are loud and I did like the sound of them. Got a ton of compliments on them. The thing that got me was starting it up in the morning it was VERY loud and my neighbor had just had a baby, so I kind of felt like an A hole. The drone on the highway was also starting to get unbearable. I could usually deal with it by myself but if someone else was in the car we were always shouting over the exhaust a the drone would make my ears ring/head hurt lol.

I do miss the loudness though, made my car seem like it was pissed off when I'd floor it which was always fun.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

But of course I have a 4.6 and not the 5.0, so I'm sure yours will be pretty smooth sounding with the 4v instead of the 3v.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.