Opinions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Opinions

Need some opinions from my other coyote drivers. Thinking about trading my mustang in on te this truck. It's a real SRT-10 with just 2100 miles. The dealer is talking about doing a even trade for my stang. It's also a 1 owner car. Let me know what y'all think case I'm honestly having a hard time deciding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3756127124.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	557.2 KB
ID:	91275
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Need some opinions from my other coyote drivers. Thinking about trading my mustang in on te this truck. It's a real SRT-10 with just 2100 miles. The dealer is talking about doing a even trade for my stang. It's also a 1 owner car. Let me know what y'all think case I'm honestly having a hard time deciding.
Unless you want a truck...why? If I remember right it may have a V10 but overall it is slower than the stang, won't handle as well, and the aftermarket for it is terrible.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just my opinion, but you said you wanted those.

Never take the deal a dealer offers. They know car value better than anyone and you def getting taken for a ride here.

The other comment is right too, they can't sell these, which is why they stopped making them.

Finally... I like Chevy, believe strongly in Ford, but would buy a Kia before a dodge
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Just my opinion, but you said you wanted those.

Never take the deal a dealer offers. They know car value better than anyone and you def getting taken for a ride here.

The other comment is right too, they can't sell these, which is why they stopped making them.

Finally... I like Chevy, believe strongly in Ford, but would buy a Kia before a dodge
Couldn't sell them because putting the viper engine in a truck with different gearing and all the weight made them slow. A 2004 Mustang GT will pull faster 1/4 mile times than this truck.

The MPG was supposed to be bad too.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Let me start with... At the end if the day, it's your decision.

Why would you want something like that? That dealer is only looking out for his interests first and foremost. Unless you are looking to have something to look at in your garage.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ya everybody is right. I saw it at the dealer then almost made a horrible impulse buy. While it was one of the best test drives I have ever been on its not worth trading my mustang.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya everybody is right. I saw it at the dealer then almost made a horrible impulse buy. While it was one of the best test drives I have ever been on its not worth trading my mustang.
Yeah I wanted one back when I got my truck because it looked like fun, but when I test drove it and then test drove a 2007 Tundra, I walked away liking the tundra so much more. The dodge is a tad faster but the tundra handles better.

Good thing you didn't as the dealer knows he could sell your mustang but he is going to sit on that truck for a while.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yeah I wanted one back when I got my truck because it looked like fun, but when I test drove it and then test drove a 2007 Tundra, I walked away liking the tundra so much more. The dodge is a tad faster but the tundra handles better.

Good thing you didn't as the dealer knows he could sell your mustang but he is going to sit on that truck for a while.
Ya I think your right. Came home did some research they get 5mpg in the city and 9 on the highway is what I found. With my tune I get well over 20 in the highway so it's just not worth it. Glad I sat down and thought about it I would be SOL now
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I think your right. Came home did some research they get 5mpg in the city and 9 on the highway is what I found. With my tune I get well over 20 in the highway so it's just not worth it. Glad I sat down and thought about it I would be SOL now
Always the best thing to do, take a step back and sit on it before making a decision.

Glad your keeping the mustang!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i've driven one too and wasn't impressed...i'd rather have a normal lightning if i wanted a quick truck

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Couldn't sell them because putting the viper engine in a truck with different gearing and all the weight made them slow. A 2004 Mustang GT will pull faster 1/4 mile times than this truck.

The MPG was supposed to be bad too.
No chance in hell an 04 gt can pull on that

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

If the Stang is a daily driver I'd keep it but if its the fun car then damn that's a tough one I'd have the same issue... They don't make that truck anymore and it's a viper and a truck all in one. Beast cake.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
those trucks stock run mid 14s...so it's possible

edit: after reading a few dodge forums the average is a 14.5 at around 95 mph....my GT without 3rd gear did better then that

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

those trucks stock run mid 14s...so it's possible

edit: after reading a few dodge forums the average is a 14.5 at around 95 mph....my GT without 3rd gear did better then that
Yeah that truck was garbage. My 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L V8 and weighs more than the dodge runs 14.8-14.9 1/4 mile times stock.

I really was not impressed.

Edit: Dodge SRT-10 weighs in at 5100 lbs. My 2007 Toyota Tundra weighs in at 6500 lbs.

SRT-10 produced 510HP and 525 Torque. My Tundra produces 381HP and 401Torque.

Just saying.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'd say you made a wise decision. I just traded my 08 tundra for a 13 ram Laramie 4x4. Must say its my favorite truck of all I've had and still have.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I'd say you made a wise decision. I just traded my 08 tundra for a 13 ram Laramie 4x4. Must say its my favorite truck of all I've had and still have.
The new dodge trucks are nice. But that SRT is bleh. Had dodge's current lineup existed back in 2006 when I got the tundra I would have probably gotten a dodge.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If its for a show/weekend car I think it would be pretty cool, not that many around.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I thought the truck was great, had a custom exhaust so it sounded amazing. Truck was a lot of fun and drive great plus I am a big truck fan. But I've put way to much money in my car to trade it right now. They were asking 25000 for it so its to bad cause it would make a great fun car.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah, they aren't all that impressive, my 07 Saleen S331 SC eats them for lunch.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah. My car laughed at one. Sorry not tryin to step in toes. Just sayin that truck is not worth your time. Keep the car buy a little truck if you need a truck.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

If the Stang is a daily driver I'd keep it but if its the fun car then damn that's a tough one I'd have the same issue... They don't make that truck anymore and it's a viper and a truck all in one. Beast cake.
My buddies friend had him take his down the track 3 times, they are turds. His best was a 15.5 and the guy can drive.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #21

Region: Pennsylvania
Purchased a new Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with 4.0 V6. Have a 13 gt premium with a few mods. Nice combination if you also need a truck.

By the way, MGW is a great mod for the 6-spd.
bobtail45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Few years ago I had a run with one in my 04 gto. He got little to no traction, and got walked. It looks badass and did sound great, just cant put the power down with no weight in the rear.
Cool truck no doubt, but thats about it.
bam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT