Tunning>Warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Tunning>Warranty

I am currently debating on whether buying a tuner from bama or not.
Reason i want to tune the car is because im doing an xpipe and to save gas, not really doing anything else to the car for ahwile. Is the 36000mile warranty something you guys used?

Need advice, remember i am not tunning to mod my car, im doing to clear the error its going to show after i put an offroad xpipe w/ midpipe.
I might do headers down the road and boss intake.
2013 mustang, 12,000 miles
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
If your engine hasn't had any issues by now I think your golden... Get a well known tune from Bama or Steeda
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
You are already breaking the warranty removing the cats...Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
You are already breaking the warranty removing the cats...Lol.
Lol well technically they are still Ford lol
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Lol well technically they are still Ford lol
Hmm? Removing the cats is illegal. Tuning your car isn't. Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Hmm? Removing the cats is illegal. Tuning your car isn't. Lol.
Ohhh todays opposite day, thought we left it behind in elementary, but then again were all kids inside
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Ohhh todays opposite day, thought we left it behind in elementary, but then again were all kids inside
?? By law it's not illegal to tune a car (even though it voids the warranty) but removing the cats is by law illegal, that's why they give you an inspection ticket to get it fixed if they pull you over and check it out. Even if you don't have emissions where you live you're not supposed to do it.
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Memphis
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 155
Should be like the mattress tag, removed by owner only...
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post

?? By law it's not illegal to tune a car (even though it voids the warranty) but removing the cats is by law illegal, that's why they give you an inspection ticket to get it fixed if they pull you over and check it out. Even if you don't have emissions where you live you're not supposed to do it.
Oh i get you, well everyone around here rolls without cats, we have no emissions to pass
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
I am currently debating on whether buying a tuner from bama or not.
Reason i want to tune the car is because im doing an xpipe and to save gas, not really doing anything else to the car for ahwile. Is the 36000mile warranty something you guys used?

Need advice, remember i am not tunning to mod my car, im doing to clear the error its going to show after i put an offroad xpipe w/ midpipe.
I might do headers down the road and boss intake.
2013 mustang, 12,000 miles
OzzyLiriano,

I think you should go for it! With 12k already, I'm sure you would have already seen a few problems if you didn't have a solid Motor, Trans etc.. If you're looking to get just an O/R X-Pipe for now, a tune will still benefit you greatly! You'll notice a huge gain in Power, Torque, Acceleration, Drive ability, Gas Mileage, Throttle response and so much more. You'll also be enrolled in our free tunes for life program, so when you get your Headers and Boss Manifold, just hit us up and we will send you a revised file!

You could also run your O/R X-Pipe and no tune, however you will throw a check engine light. You could still get the tuner and use it to clear your CEL when it comes on, until your ready to void the warranty!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Feel free to hit up the Bama team if you have any questions as well! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 53
From what I've heard and seen, the diablosport tuners do not void warranty. It dosnt reset key cycles and leave any traces of the tune once it is removed. Bama now offers the diablosport intune with lifetime custom tunes. Which is what I was waiting for. Placed an order for mine last week should be getting it soon.
__________________
2012 Premium GT. Borla S-type catback
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Maverick2004054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cooper City
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
From what I've heard and seen, the diablosport tuners do not void warranty. It dosnt reset key cycles and leave any traces of the tune once it is removed. Bama now offers the diablosport intune with lifetime custom tunes. Which is what I was waiting for. Placed an order for mine last week should be getting it soon.
Sorry to take so long! Most of those tunes are based off of my car!!! But the guys over there are very good at mixing and matching different types of equipment! The next one on the list is a tune for the 90mm BBK throttle body, then one for kooks LT's and they already have the Boss IM....

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

Sorry to take so long! Most of those tunes are based off of my car!!! But the guys over there are very good at mixing and matching different types of equipment! The next one on the list is a tune for the 90mm BBK throttle body, then one for kooks LT's and they already have the Boss IM....
Oh and it doesn't leave any footprints behind either! My Ford dealership confirmed that! They are pretty cool about custom vehicles!
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Oh i get you, well everyone around here rolls without cats, we have no emissions to pass
Yeah same as where I live most of the trucks take everything off and it's just loud and real crackly.
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

Sorry to take so long! Most of those tunes are based off of my car!!! But the guys over there are very good at mixing and matching different types of equipment! The next one on the list is a tune for the 90mm BBK throttle body, then one for kooks LT's and they already have the Boss IM....

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------



Oh and it doesn't leave any footprints behind either! My Ford dealership confirmed that! They are pretty cool about custom vehicles!
So your saying that the intune diablo leaves no proof of any tune?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano

So your saying that the intune diablo leaves no proof of any tune?
Man if you want a warranty, don't listen to the people that say a tune leaves no trace. If by some odd chance the motor were to blow, a Ford rep would have to ok the work and he will find the tune. That's like saying you can erase your home computer, which everyone knows you can't with out destroying the hard drive.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Man if you want a warranty, don't listen to the people that say a tune leaves no trace. If by some odd chance the motor were to blow, a Ford rep would have to ok the work and he will find the tune. That's like saying you can erase your home computer, which everyone knows you can't with out destroying the hard drive.
ppl are always looking to duck the man, bottom line is if you play, you will pay..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

ppl are always looking to duck the man, bottom line is if you play, you will pay..
Thanks guys, im going to wait a bit, no need to be spending money yet, want to buy another car
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Man if you want a warranty, don't listen to the people that say a tune leaves no trace. If by some odd chance the motor were to blow, a Ford rep would have to ok the work and he will find the tune. That's like saying you can erase your home computer, which everyone knows you can't with out destroying the hard drive.
Diablosport claims no traces left behind. It's been proven time and time again with Chevys. Warranty still can be voided if you have other parts on your car tho.
__________________
2012 Premium GT. Borla S-type catback
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Maverick2004054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cooper City
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Diablosport claims no traces left behind. It's been proven time and time again with Chevys. Warranty still can be voided if you have other parts on your car tho.
That is true for GM vehicles, their software forces a full reset upon programming, Fords software does not and therefore can bypass the key cycle reset. As I said before, this was shown to me first hand by my local Ford Dealership. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford changes it in the near future though. Usually, if they will void your warranty, it will only be partial, by law they can't void a full warranty based on components, so for example, if you lower your car, the suspension part of your warranty may be void, but not the engine or engine management, etc.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Just got off the phone with diablosports, they claim that if returned to stock before going to the dealership, they cant awe the tune

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

See
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
Just got off the phone with diablosports, they claim that if returned to stock before going to the dealership, they cant awe the tune

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

See
There in the business to sell products. In the end tho, It's your decision to make.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Man if you want a warranty, don't listen to the people that say a tune leaves no trace. If by some odd chance the motor were to blow, a Ford rep would have to ok the work and he will find the tune. That's like saying you can erase your home computer, which everyone knows you can't with out destroying the hard drive.
While I agree with you, my years of IT experience hurt at your analogy.

Running a CIA 24 pass random data hard drive eraser will remove data to the point no one can retrieve it. Yet the hard drive will work like new.

Now, it only takes like 3 days to complete that on a standard platter hard drive. Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

While I agree with you, my years of IT experience hurt at your analogy.

Running a CIA 24 pass random data hard drive eraser will remove data to the point no one can retrieve it. Yet the hard drive will work like new.

Now, it only takes like 3 days to complete that on a standard platter hard drive. Lol.
I can't even turn a computer on, but my buddy in the police lab says different is all I know. Either way It's ozzies warranty, I'll be keeping mine till the end as hard as it'll be.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I can't even turn a computer on, but my buddy in the police lab says different is all I know. Either way It's ozzies warranty, I'll be keeping mine till the end as hard as it'll be.
Well to be fair he is right in that most people do a low level format which doesn't write over data but the links to where the data is stored. It is still accessible.

What I am talking about is writing random data to every sector of the hard drive. Multiple times.

__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I can't even turn a computer on, but my buddy in the police lab says different is all I know. Either way It's ozzies warranty, I'll be keeping mine till the end as hard as it'll be.
It is hard, especially with lots of friends that have theyre whips tuned
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 224
Not to Hi-Jack but I'm going to tune my car this week with less than 1000 miles on it. Is it too soon?
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris
Not to Hi-Jack but I'm going to tune my car this week with less than 1000 miles on it. Is it too soon?
You can tune it with 5mi on it if that's what you want.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
Not to Hi-Jack but I'm going to tune my car this week with less than 1000 miles on it. Is it too soon?
U should be fine but I would give it a few thousand to make sure your solid, I did mine at 5k
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.